JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If anyone has a friendly legislator on one of those committees, ask them to submit an amendent, or propose one aloud, ON CAMERA, an amendment that no security staff of any state politician can possess any magazine or weapon banned by "this law" while on duty guarding said politician. Make sure that is on camera and try to get the facial expressions of the pols who support the bans.

Link, especially on amendment text?

House Substitute Bill 1068 is passed out of with a Do-Pass recommendation. High Cap magazines, sale, manufacture, transfer and distribution by any in Washington State. The amendment for 15 rounds was adopted so most handgun magazines are going to be OK. Yeah, we lost less but is that a victory or less of an bubblegum-Whooping?

I *think* that's :rolleyes:example of running into the 'automatic rev limiter' for certain terms otherwise left out of the forum communiques....and that term is inserted as a gentle :eek:placeholdero_O until we can reconsider our descriptive terms.
Got it, thanks. I haven't seen forum filters since I hung around at TotalFark.

If anyone has a friendly legislator on one of those committees, ask them to submit an amendent, or propose one aloud, ON CAMERA, an amendment that no security staff of any state politician can possess any magazine or weapon banned by "this law" while on duty guarding said politician. Make sure that is on camera and try to get the facial expressions of the pols who support the bans.

And there should NOT be exceptions for law enforcement working in this state.

Just ordered a Glock 33-round magazine and extra AR10 20-round magazines. No need for the Glock magazine, but to hell with the tyrants running this state.

aaaannndddd the lies continue from the legislature... This bill will have NO FINANCIAL IMPACT.
https://fortress.wa.gov/FNSPublicSearch/GetPDF?packageID=53252

The singular issue that might help us is if 1639 is declared invalid then all these rider amendments/bills should be dead as well.

Dan
Linkie no workie
2ff66b4b8927f16684b023d18c1f9a0d.png

I did not relinquish any of my magazines. Have you? Do you plan to do so in the future?

Why would you relinquish your magazines? They are grandfathered in per the bill. It also has not been passed yet, its only out of committee. There's a number of legal challenges this bill would face should the legislature vote yes on it anyway.

"
No person in this state may manufacture, possess, distribute,import, transfer, sell, offer for sale, purchase, or otherwise transfer any large capacity magazine except as authorized in this
section
(2)
Subsection of this section does not apply to any of the
following:
(a)
The possession of a large capacity magazine by a person who legally possessed the large capacity magazine on the effective date of this section, or possession of a large capacity magazine by a person who, on or after the effective date of this section, acquires possession of the large capacity magazine by operation of law upon the death of the former owner who was in legal possession of the large capacity magazine, provided the person in possession of the large capacity magazine can establish such provenance. A person who legally possesses a large capacity magazine under this subsect"

The law is effectively unenforceable as written since most mags aren't serialized or have dates on them.

Last Edited:
The law is effectively unenforceable as written since most mags aren't serialized or have dates on them.[/QUOTE said:
Could be. Or, it could effectively ban all the magazines because it requires you to "establish provenance" and I, for one, don't have receipts for every mag I've ever bought.

Why would you relinquish your magazines? They are grandfathered in per the bill. It also has not been passed yet, its only out of committee. There's a number of legal challenges this bill would face should the legislature vote yes on it anyway.

"
No person in this state may manufacture, possess, distribute,import, transfer, sell, offer for sale, purchase, or otherwise transfer any large capacity magazine except as authorized in this
section
(2)
Subsection of this section does not apply to any of the
following:
(a)
The possession of a large capacity magazine by a person who legally possessed the large capacity magazine on the effective date of this section, or possession of a large capacity magazine by a person who, on or after the effective date of this section, acquires possession of the large capacity magazine by operation of law upon the death of the former owner who was in legal possession of the large capacity magazine, provided the person in possession of the large capacity magazine can establish such provenance. A person who legally possesses a large capacity magazine under this subsect"

The law is effectively unenforceable as written since most mags aren't serialized or have dates on them.

You can keep what you have, just cant use in your carry gun if over 15 rounds with a CPL, or on public land, outside of a range. They are stealing your ability to use the magazine in almost ever sense but "allowing" you to keep them.

You can keep what you have, just cant use in your carry gun if over 15 rounds with a CPL, or on public land, outside of a range. They are stealing your ability to use the magazine in almost ever sense but "allowing" you to keep them.

That is not true:

"
the person possessing the large capacity magazine shall possess large capacity magazine only on property owned or immediately controlled by the person, or while engaged in the legal use of the large capacity magazine at a duly licensed firing range, or while engaged in a lawful outdoor recreational activity such as hunting, or while traveling to or from either of these locations for the purpose of engaging in the legal use of the large capacity magazine"

Recreational shooting on public land is a lawful outdoor recreational activity.

I was planning on still carrying my normal Glock 19 mags when the bill was 10rds, if I need to use the firearm I'd deal with the misdemeanor of having a "high capacity magazine" afterwards.

That is not true:

"
the person possessing the large capacity magazine shall possess large capacity magazine only on property owned or immediately controlled by the person, or while engaged in the legal use of the large capacity magazine at a duly licensed firing range, or while engaged in a lawful outdoor recreational activity such as hunting, or while traveling to or from either of these locations for the purpose of engaging in the legal use of the large capacity magazine"

Recreational shooting on public land is a lawful outdoor recreational activity.

I was planning on still carrying my normal Glock 19 mags when the bill was 10rds, if I need to use the firearm I'd deal with the misdemeanor of having a "high capacity magazine" afterwards.

I will carry either my VTAC M&P with 20 rounds (Taran tactical extension) or my Glock 20 with 17 rounds (Pearce extension). I will not alter my behavior for their Tyranny. I am concerened that hunting is specified (when we all know you cannot hunt with even 10 rounds) and nothing else is. Vague as usual, and it is still weaponized legislation aimed specifically at law abiding gun owners.

I will carry either my VTAC M&P with 20 rounds (Taran tactical extension) or my Glock 20 with 17 rounds (Pearce extension). I will not alter my behavior for their Tyranny. I am concerened that hunting is specified (when we all know you cannot hunt with even 10 rounds) and nothing else is. Vague as usual, and it is still weaponized legislation aimed specifically at law abiding gun owners.

I'm more cynical and pessimistic by nature, especially when it comes to the survival of our rights in this liberal state. I believe if they only wanted it to apply to hunting they would have used much more specific language.

I will be bringing a bag full of mags to my usual shooting spots both up north and over near Ellensburg. I guess we'll find out. I have no problem being the test case.

Edit To Add: I believe this is why there is such ridiculous language surrounding the transportation of the magazines themselves. They suspect many people have or will have these magazines and will continue to use them regularly.

We need to take control of the media.
Democrats use the MSM to manufacture consent.
We can't stop this by voting, we have to control the message.
It's how they are winning seats in congress, they will have our freedom if we let them.

And there should NOT be exceptions for law enforcement working in this state.
I used the exact wording for a reason. Legislators who get armed security paid for by us, they are a different class from cops. Cops are expected to go up against all violent comers. Legislators aren't. If they vote down an amendment restricting cops, nobody will care. If they vote down an amendment restricting THEIR BODYGUARDS, people will see their hypocrisy. "We are worth more protection than you are".

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top