JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
We have two dogs. It used to be three but an unseen hole in a fence lost us one to traffic.

When our oldest: (Nemo) was still a puppy he tried as hard as he could to be our alpha.

We responded by reminding him that yes, we were still the boss of him. (Think of any 4-year-old you've ever known shouting: "You're not the boss of ME!" It's like that.

When we did this, Nemo would find the towel that we used to play with him with and shake it back and forth and maul it. His non-vocal but entirely clear message was: "Ya, you're the boss of ME, but I'M the boss of the towel!"

Insert several years later, Another Aussie, this time a VERY dominant bubblegum.

I took away something she was playing with and put her in her place for breaking a rule she KNOWS is the rule and she looked at me, shook her rump and immediately started chewing on Nemo.

"You're the boss of me, but I'M the boss of NEMO!" she meant.

I looked at poor Nemo, now 10 and if not geriatric, not in his younger years and exclaimed: Nemo, you're now the towel!"

Just had to share it. Not sure if any other dog people will get it or not.

our old dog has been failing more and more each day lately, heartbreaking to say the least. a dog that was once a little wilder than most, most people thought he was either part wolf or coyote or a mix of both. he came from south Carolina with my daughters return to Oregon,he has been here for 12 years now, I am sure going to miss him:s0058:

our old dog has been failing more and more each day lately, heartbreaking to say the least. a dog that was once a little wilder than most, most people thought he was either part wolf or coyote or a mix of both. he came from south Carolina with my daughters return to Oregon,he has been here for 12 years now, I am sure going to miss him:s0058:

We had to have our 15 year old lab put down last year ( hips). She was sharp as a razor, her body just broke down.....I still get choked up thinking about her.

One of the saddest bits of life! Lilly, my Bull Mastif is 10 now. Really getting up there for her breed. Her once black velvet muzzle is white now. I'm not going to deal with this well!

Best wishes for you when your friend passes. I hope that happy memories can console you at least a little. SRG

We have two dogs. It used to be three but an unseen hole in a fence lost us one to traffic.

When our oldest: (Nemo) was still a puppy he tried as hard as he could to be our alpha.

We responded by reminding him that yes, we were still the boss of him. (Think of any 4-year-old you've ever known shouting: "You're not the boss of ME!" It's like that.

When we did this, Nemo would find the towel that we used to play with him with and shake it back and forth and maul it. His non-vocal but entirely clear message was: "Ya, you're the boss of ME, but I'M the boss of the towel!"

Insert several years later, Another Aussie, this time a VERY dominant bubblegum.

I took away something she was playing with and put her in her place for breaking a rule she KNOWS is the rule and she looked at me, shook her rump and immediately started chewing on Nemo.

"You're the boss of me, but I'M the boss of NEMO!" she meant.

I looked at poor Nemo, now 10 and if not geriatric, not in his younger years and exclaimed: Nemo, you're now the towel!"

Just had to share it. Not sure if any other dog people will get it or not.

Well damnit, you can't be all bad if you like dogs....................

I had a Rot mix Butch. I had read up and Rots always like to test you. I bit her once for accidentally biting me. They need to learn their limits.
I say butch because she always wanted other dogs to know she was the alpha WHEREVER she was. The other dogs yard included.
Mostly got her way too.
So I get my little GSP/lab mix. Niki really likes the new friend. New friend (luna) wants to be boss. Growls Niki (alpha butch) off the food,etc,etc,etc

So one day I see them wrestling. Now Niki is 85 HARD pounds and Luna is 45-50 solid pounds.Niki picks up sticks as heavy as Luna,seriously,4X4 sized logs.
All of the suddenly Niki puts her right front paw on Luna's shoulder,head on left side,and her left paw on Luna's hind quarters.
Sits her down and rolls her over backwards,lol. Puts her mouth over Luna's head,as to say,'remember,every thing you do,I let you do'

Luna kinda gave Niki her space than trying to be in charge!
And through little wrestling matches,Luna understood the power of a Rottweiler.

Dogs are easy to train if you ignore Positive approach techniques and dominate your dog. You will have a happier dog since it doesn't have to be the alpha any more.
That's a big job for a K9

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads