JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In Boise on Fairview about halfway out to Meridian, across from ?CostCo? big box store, Can get the cross street later this PM.

Don't over look the Basque Chorizo (Gem Brand) now at CostCo. Whether I can eat various pig parts knowing/identifying them isn't the question, when Chorizo is on the grill, my mind focuses on something else....

Little did I realize there was such a regional variation (like everything else) in such a chorizo. The Spanish style doesn't appeal to me, yet the Basques with the paprika & who knows what, is just right.

A neighbor and I went in on a 6 acre Timothy grass hay field one summer. Since my neighbor owned a dump truck and low boy equipment flatbed we used that to load all the hay on to.
We bucked the hay onto the front of the trailer and then another long toss up into the bed of the dump truck until it was full, we then loaded the trailer to capacity. It was grueling hot and scratchy work.
As I dragged out the tie down ropes and come alongs from my truck, my neighbor decided to drive across the hay field to an upper field where there was some shade. I told him I wanted to tie everything down where we were, but he ignored me and off he went at a good clip to make the grade, when right at the base of the hill he hit a hidden cross angled drainage ditch that caused 75% of the load to fall off the truck & trailer. What a pain it was reloading all those bales.
You should have watched him while sitting in the shade and having a nice cold glass of lemonade ;)

Been doing hay at the Ranch since about 93 when I was not 55 lol. This year last night we loaded the last bail for 2018 in the barn and from this year on we and myself wont be bucking hay. I like the workout but damn it was a whole lot easier when I was 30 then 55 but we got it done around 10 last night Whew! The Mrs even got out there and was loading bail, damn.... she done that the last two years.

What I notice is all the young people in the family we too busy or had aches and pains to help. So all of us all over 50 finished all the hay loaded on the trailer and hand loaded in the barn. Those same people are the first ones to show up at a BBQ. This is not a compliant as much as I am sure like many others sewn from a different thread, as age didn't matter work needed doing we did it.

We are officially going back to cattle we have hordes there thats what the hay is for, but we are going back to cattle something we did pre-93 and being where my son works this will make it a great investment and no more hay bucking :) I was thinking soon it was going to have to end, still can doing not even sore today just tired as we had to finish on the hottest day so far this year.

Well back to work...... anyone else bucked hay this year ??
I hand stacked 215 bails with no elevator into my loafing shed. By myself

Whats and elevator?
upload_2018-6-20_19-44-19.jpeg This

Out visiting my wife's family her cornfed dad and brother asked me to help, I jumped at it.
It was a small field, but by the end even with claritin D, nasal spray, and eye drops my allergies almost killed me.
But no way was I going to B out

E1AE8BB3-6ED4-4CA8-A475-B83D021EF38A.jpeg 922D4C43-2C85-4F51-AD6C-FFE0957735AF.jpeg

Ponzie scheme = pet horse ownership
Parent trap for sure.......gender inequallity #1
After all the road apples I was forced to harvest. ..
I help a group of horse huggers hay every year.....bubblegum they dont pay because I cannot put a price on it.
Great memories are priceless...takes 30-40 yrs to figure out
Ohbyeah +1 coin operated horse I tease em with

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top