JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It was fun this was my first time doing a shoot .
It was not really a big deal kinda a fun shoot.
Only 2 bucks to enter and if you want a prize you have to put a prize in.
Anything from 10 bucks to 30 bucks.
Or something like that.
They did give away a vintage coin to the winner and he got to pick a prize.
And pot luck lunch .
Lots gun talk and trading .
Accully had 3 plus me that had never shot a black powder shoot before.

I've gone to a number of the BP Shoots in the Past and they can be a whole lot of Fun!

a few years back I was Instructing at the NRA Whittington Center, just outside Raton NM, they really do a Fantastic job of putting on a Rendezvous. They even have an area that was Restricted to people in Proper Period Dress!!! And they had the area set up so an Outsider could not see anything that wasn't Four Feet Tall!!!

I was there for 51 days and saw Deer every single day and I don't mean the same Deer on one day after another - I mean different Deer every day!!! We had to Chase the Deer out from behind the Berms on all of the Ranges. The all Volunteer Staff usually had the longer Berms but we would try and let the Kids have some fun with the closer ones!

So...
The shoot was fun today...a bit cold an wet , but fun.
I showed a few rifles and assorted gear , to some folks and hopefully all who went had a good time.

I didn't shoot my best , but did manage to come in 3rd place...and brought home a antique leather shot flask as a prize..it will go on display for sure.

As always it was great to see you @EPS
Andy

So...
The shoot was fun today...a bit cold an wet , but fun.
I showed a few rifles and assorted gear , to some folks and hopefully all who went had a good time.

I didn't shoot my best , but did manage to come in 3rd place...and brought home a antique leather shot flask as a prize..it will go no display for sure.

As always it was great to see you @EPS
Andy
A powder flask.
Mmmmmmm how come I couldn't remember the word Flask.
LOL

Screenshot_2019-04-13_141206.jpg MVIMG_20190413_114257.jpg MVIMG_20190413_103425.jpg

Yep...Always a good time shooting with friends and talking guns...
@EPS is coming along nicely with his black powder shooting and will soon be taking home more and more prizes.

The shooting here is very relaxed and informal...lots of banter back and forth as well as encouragement and shooting advice.
Andy

Yes one guy asked me HOW DID YOU DO.
I said well probably not that good.
He said did you have fun .
I said if I got a gun in my hand I always have fun.!!!

Yes one guy asked me HOW DID YOU DO.
I said well probably not that good.
He said did you have fun .
I said if I got a gun in my hand I always have fun.!!!
You came out in the top half and bought only started shooting black powder about a year ago, I'd say you did pretty good.
I'll give Andy some credit tho, as having a good teacher helps tremendously.

You came out in the top half and bought only started shooting black powder about a year ago, I'd say you did pretty good.
I'll give Andy some credit tho, as having a good teacher helps tremendously.
NO DOUBT ABOUT THAT .
I have learned a lot from him .
He is a good guy.
With lots of knowledge about Shooting.
All you have to do is listen.

There were a lot of flintlocks there. And some nice shooting as well. The wind blew the blackpowder smoke threw the patch of woods over to the power line where we parked.
I picked up a two pack of nipples for my old single shot 45 caliber pistol.
It was a little cold for Mason we watched for few, went inside, back to watch, back inside.

I will be taking him up to Datrington this afternoon to shoot. Of coarse he wants to take a couple of black powder guns.

There were a lot of flintlocks there. And some nice shooting as well. The wind blew the blackpowder smoke threw the patch of woods over to the power line where we parked.
I picked up a two pack of nipples for my old single shot 45 caliber pistol.
It was a little cold for Mason we watched for few, went inside, back to watch, back inside.

I will be taking him up to Datrington this afternoon to shoot. Of coarse he wants to take a couple of black powder guns.
I must have been busy Shooting I didn't see you .lol

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top