JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
local gun store sells 30 round glock mags "for rifles only" with a pinky swear. The police shop at his store. 10 round limit is just a suggestion.
Cool. I'd love to have some "normal" capacity magazines there. But the law is the law, and knowing my luck I'd be the one made an example out of, so I'm personally going to refrain.
Tonight on KHON: Extremely handsome man pulled over in routine traffic stop coming from Koko head, discovered to have a bajillion clipazines with anti-aircraft .223 caliber scary-tipped ammunition. Find out who his first boyfriend is at 10.

Cool. I'd love to have some "normal" capacity magazines there. But the law is the law, and knowing my luck I'd be the one made an example out of, so I'm personally going to refrain.
Tonight on KHON: Extremely handsome man pulled over in routine traffic stop coming from Koko head, discovered to have a bajillion clipazines with anti-aircraft .223 caliber scary-tipped ammunition. Find out who his first boyfriend is at 10.

Yeah it all depends on the police too. I do medical clearance letters here and the amount of absolutely wrong information the police tell people is crazy. one was told that even though they could not pass a federal background check that as long as they get a letter from a doctor they could get a firearm. Uh NO, that's called lying on a 4473 form and still illegal. I should not have to tell a someone that the police basically just told them to commit a felony. But that's the police for you.

But all they do here is ticket people for having dirty license plates. I've heard countless stories of how useless the police are here. Actually just had a patient, elderly lady who lives alone, was found with head injury and unconscious in her house with the house ransacked (she showed me the pictures, no way she turned over her couch and destroyed her kitchen by herself). the police showed up, took a few pictures with their personal phones, and then told her she must have did it herself. Case closed. Nothing done.

Last trip to the islands was almost 20 years ago. Even then, on some, it was, stay in the tourist areas, and don't stop at any beaches that didn't have at least 4-5 cars in the lot.:eek:

At that time, we often referred to entering the condo area, past the guard, as "Circling the wagons." :rolleyes:

Last trip to the islands was almost 20 years ago. Even then, on some, it was, stay in the tourist areas, and don't stop at any beaches that didn't have at least 4-5 cars in the lot.:eek:

At that time, we often referred to entering the condo area, past the guard, as "Circling the wagons." :rolleyes:

On the islands other than Oahu it really is nice here. Despite incompetent police the community is mostly great and helps each other especially with the recent loss of tourists. Everyone knows everyone so some Aunty is ready to hit you with her slippa' if you act like a butthead.

I'm in an area with a lot of Filipino families left over from the sugar cane plantations and they are the nicest hardest working people I've ever met. I routinely see 70+ year old grandmothers still working manual labor jobs and still smiling all the time.

Right now with Covid mostly sparing our island and exactly zero looting riots and all the aunty's making us stylish Hawaiian masks it is pretty nice.

On the islands other than Oahu it really is nice here. Despite incompetent police the community is mostly great and helps each other especially with the recent loss of tourists. Everyone knows everyone so some Aunty is ready to hit you with her slippa' if you act like a butthead.

I'm in an area with a lot of Filipino families left over from the sugar cane plantations and they are the nicest hardest working people I've ever met. I routinely see 70+ year old grandmothers still working manual labor jobs and still smiling all the time.

Right now with Covid mostly sparing our island and exactly zero looting riots and all the aunty's making us stylish Hawaiian masks it is pretty nice.

'butthead' threw me for a sec. I was expecting 'lolo'. :eek:

When I lived in Palisades, our neighbors were Filipino and all day long I would hear someone yelling, "O K I N - N I - N A M !!"

'butthead' threw me for a sec. I was expecting 'lolo'. :eek:

When I lived in Palisades, our neighbors were Filipino and all day long I would hear someone yelling, "O K I N - N I - N A M !!"

Only been here 3 years so my pidgin is terrible. Weird that I know more tagalog than Hawaiian. And why does a tiny nation like the Philippines have 9 different languages? One of my clinics they patients mostly speak tagalog, and the other it is mostly ilocano.

At least we get 3 different varieties of pancit :), sooo good. Here is the random potluck lunch we had at the office recently. Not even for a special occasion, just for fun. And this was food for about 10 people.

1591825477018.png

Man, that looks DEEEEELICIOUS!! The Muslims who have a conniption-fit over all that pork!

Yeah, pork is a bit of a religion here on its own.

We do this 1-2 times a week. Here is a random breakfast we made. 3 types of sausage and french toast and breakfast fried rice

20191106_090748.jpg

Some Jamaican nachos with Caribbean fried rice

20191024_090633.jpg

Spaghetti with someone making the garlic bread fresh for lunch

20190822_103742.jpg

This already passed the Senate. I'm guessing it will pass the House too.

Keep track of it here.

And there you have it.

I did not noticed they were back in action with the ~80 or so anti-gun bills. Are they back to work? That one did not pass before they closed up shop because of covid.

It should work just about as well as the firework ban. If people can get shiploads of illegal fireworks here it would not be a problem to get a shipping crate with some ammo here.

Only been here 3 years so my pidgin is terrible. Weird that I know more tagalog than Hawaiian. And why does a tiny nation like the Philippines have 9 different languages? One of my clinics they patients mostly speak tagalog, and the other it is mostly ilocano.
Most of my filipino friends were Ilocano. As I understand it, there's over 500 distinct Filipino tribes. I met a pretty young girl behind a store counter once and I couldn't quite place where she was from. She was small, very light skinned, dark hair. I asked and she told me Filipino from a small tribe in one of the outer islands.

They do make some decent firearms. A lot of the cheaper 1911 are made there.

Most of my filipino friends were Ilocano. As I understand it, there's over 500 distinct Filipino tribes. I met a pretty young girl behind a store counter once and I couldn't quite place where she was from. She was small, very light skinned, dark hair. I asked and she told me Filipino from a small tribe in one of the outer islands.

They do make some decent firearms. A lot of the cheaper 1911 are made there.

There is also this weird version of broken English that they understand. I might say to a patient "are you constipated?" and they have no idea what I said. Then my assistant standing next to me will say "Auntie, you constipated?" with a Hawaiian accent and they understand it. Wait a minute, I just said the same thing! But I'm getting pretty good at my broken English now and they understand me better.

The names are awesome too. Namesio! Pantelion! Gustavo! They sound like a name of a Spanish knight that would ride into battle with you.

My LBFM was renamed to "psychobubblegumfromhell".

And that was for a very good reason. Yup....they love knives.

Aloha, Mark

PS.....but don't get me wrong because there are many really good people too.

My LBFM was renamed to "psychobubblegumfromhell".

And that was for a very good reason. Yup....they love knives.

Aloha, Mark

PS.....but don't get me wrong because there are many really good people too.

I gave my medical assistant and her husband a Visayan Filipino sword for Christmas. She probably has 3-4 blades on her in the office at any time. I asked her once for scissors and she pulled out an 8" karambit instead.

She says she keeps the sword by the bed in case of home intruders.

TFW013.jpg

I feel sorry for the person that would try to break into her house. The sword is legit too. She said she cut a banana tree down with it in one swing to see how sharp it was

Bolus,

I really, really enjoy reading your posts and seeing your pictures (Yummy food!) about your home.

It sounds like a wonderful community! I think that it is wonderful that all of you support one another and that IS what a community should be about!

What made you decide to move to that specific location? A new job offer? The weather or did you just really need a BIG change in your life if I may ask? NO problem if this is too personal and I do not mean to be rude.

I like the idea of your medical assistant's knives being with her in the office too. I can appreciate that as a Knife Lady! LOL

Cool sword! I have never owned one but I have looked at a few online.

I worked with a lady from HI for a few years in the 70's. I forgot what island that she was from. She was born in HI. She married a Marine from the state that I moved to with my late husband. (Nam era. My late husband (USN) and the man were Vietnam Veterans.)

She hated the cold and snow in the Great Lakes region. Blizzard country! She told him that if he did not move back to HI with her that she would leave him. Eventually she moved BACK to HI. She accepted an office job with Pan Am or TWA. Her husband was an insurance agent and moved to HI with her.

Was it a difficult move for you to move from the PNW to your specific island?

How did it go when you moved your firearms? Did you take them or most of them with you?

Did you sell your guns and ammunition HERE and buy new firearms and ammunition in HI?

I can imagine that paying to move/ship even a small amount of ammo would be a royal pain in the butt plus EXPENSIVE so it would be CHEAPER for you just to buy new ammo there? Sell your ammo in the PNW?

Thank you and I do appreciate your input to the forum. Take care!

Old Lady Cate

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top