JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been looking for the right holster for a cm9 but no luck. I'm 6'3, 240 so all my shirts generally ride just below my belt line which means any bending and my waist will show. I wear jeans/t shirt everyday so I'm starting to think either getting an ankle holster or just getting a 380 for my pocket. Does anyone else have this issue? I'm also thinking maybe I can get a supertuck and wear an a shirt under my t shirt, using the a shirt to cover, does anyone do that?

How does it feel when you sit? I'll try that also. At this rate I'm gonna end up with 1 of every holster and just open carry on days where I won't be anywhere I'm not supposed to be

Do you wear tall t-shirts? I do and for me that adds just enough extra length to keep from showing when bending over in all except the most extreme bends. I carry the M&P 40c in the Minotaur MTAC Holster.

Last Edited:
I'm a tight wad and typically just buy 3 packs of hanes white t shirts, everyone that's tall knows that each x= wider, not taller. I'm considering hitting the big and tall from now on for longer shirts

I'm a tight wad and typically just buy 3 packs of hanes white t shirts, everyone that's tall knows that each x= wider, not taller. I'm considering hitting the big and tall from now on for longer shirts

Many years ago, one of our daughters bought me a package of "Tall" t-shirts from Penny's (house brand) for my birthday. I was very happy with them. Wife says they are expensive compaired to other brands, but they lasted at least 4X as long as any other T-shirt I have ever owned, and were extremely comfortable soft cotton. Our daughters used to "borrow" them for night shirts they were so long. Look like little mini dresses on the (and they are 5' 8" and 5' 9", not small little girls)

Real comment is, don't worry about not showing your carry. OC is perfectly legal whereever CC is legal in OR and WA. I don't intentionally CC, ever. If I CC it is becasue of the clothing I am wearing. (usually winter) I also don't OC intentionally, though that is what I do almost all the time...this is not TX, you do not have to worry about your carry showing.

If you want to make sure you are covered, get a package of those Penny's "Tall" house brand (the good expensive ones) and be happy. They cost more in the beginning, but end up costing less becasue they wear a lot longer.

I use an IWB for my snubby, and when carrying my Glock 22 I don't really concern myself with hiding it too much. But a supertuck would work well, if you were able to find some longer shirts.

Well initially I was planning on getting or making a close fitting short lengthed owb and just letting my shirt hang over it and when I don't want it to peep out simply tuck my shirt under the bottom so it doesn't fly up. I started thinking about it though and if I have an oc holster and my t shirt is covering it then its considered cc I think and there's cops a plenty here and don't want to be approached everytime my oc holster is hidden

I think ankle holsters for your primary gun isn't the best.Especially at 6'3.Unless your are a freak of nature and can bring your foot up to you waist with no hands and not fall over.

But a lot of people on here want to carry for how they want to dress and not dress to carry .Not sure I get that.If I'm carrying I'll dress to conceal ,wearing a button down short sleeve is cooler (temp wise) than a "T" shirt anyway. I'm kinda rotund so longer shirts are in order also.
Now for special occasions ,I'll wear a better button down.(special occasions for me are the gun shows,lol)
And being a fat boy,inside the waist band just ain't cuttin' it

I've been wanting to make the transition from my Levis to "pants" for a long time now and maybe I finally have a good enough reason ha! I never really wear shorts but I have my around the house cut offs I call my man capris and I can stuff the cm9 into them no problem. Thanks for all the advice I'm gonna nix the ankle and try out all the different options here first.

I just received my King Tuk yesterday... I really like it:cool:, I think it will be even better broken in. I am not a big guy and it conceals well with my XDM-9(I just liked the idea of 20 rounds,even though it is 9mm). You could also look at a Galco summer comfort(I think is what it was called), it is what I conceal a 1911 with and I am 5'6".
___ Long story short, just wear an under-t or wife beater and tuck the bottom edge under your holster or clips(however it hooks on) and it should help when you bend over.

During the summer I wear boardshorts alot and I pack an LCP/crimson with a slide clip. I realize the .380 isn't a rockstar but it beats having nothing at all.

I think ankle holsters for your primary gun isn't the best.Especially at 6'3.Unless your are a freak of nature and can bring your foot up to you waist with no hands and not fall over.

But a lot of people on here want to carry for how they want to dress and not dress to carry .Not sure I get that.If I'm carrying I'll dress to conceal ,wearing a button down short sleeve is cooler (temp wise) than a "T" shirt anyway. I'm kinda rotund so longer shirts are in order also.
Now for special occasions ,I'll wear a better button down.(special occasions for me are the gun shows,lol)
And being a fat boy,inside the waist band just ain't cuttin' it

I've been CC'ing for a lot of years now..and I have to agree.. You dress to carry..not carry for how you're dressed.. All of my wardrobe choices are based on the fact that I carry..every day..period.. The best holster..which IMO..is the Crossbreed Super Tuck..is a waste of your time..if you don't conciously dress to accomodate your weapon..

Well a shopping trip today landed me 3 new pairs of pants, a pack of black, blue and grey shirts, a pack of A-shirts and 10 bucks for a pocket holster. Just need the supertuck now and I'm g2g, thanks again for the help

+1 to titson, he beat me to it. I carry my full sized S&W M&P 9mm in a Comp-Tac Minotaur holster, even in 100F heat. I wear a very lightweight REI vest to help reduce any printing. However, an open button down shirt over another shirt will also do the trick and still keep you cool feeling in the heat.

bianchi professional 100, fits keltec p11 and kahr guns like cm9 and pm9 rides low, it is rigid leather and has a really strong steel clip i use it for my p11 and it fits my new cm9 just fine I wear the p11 all summer and I'm going to switch over to the cm9 as soon as I put a few more hollowpoints through it.

for my heavier guns I also like the mtac, gladiator, or a thicker leather holster

I used to really like the Crossbreeds until I started making my own Hybrid holsters. One thing that bothered me about the Kahr sized(I had a PM40 and MK9) Crossbreeds is that they are HUGE compared to the out line of the gun, i.e. the gun is easier to hide then the holster. The small outline of my holster allowed me to move up (in size) to a Glock 26(12+1 -vs- 5+1 or 6+1). The great thing about making your own holster is that you can play with the different factors like depth and angle. Last Friday I passed a "pat down" at a concert while packing my G26 with extended magazine in my homemade hybrid, needless to say, I'm rarely worried about someone SEEING the gun.

For mouse/snubbies and other small pocket-type guns, I have yet to see a holster nicer than the Mika pocket holsters. I finally received my new Mika Pocket holster for my Ruger LCR which is absolutely awesome. I can pocket draw so fast, it blows my mind. Also, it really helps obscure the shape, being a flat revolver, to begin with. It feels so comfortable to carry my LCR with the Mika holster, that I forget I have it a lot of the time. Also, the construction of the holster is very high quality. I give Robert Mika full props! Seriously, if you have a small gun, not usre how small the MK9 or PM40's are, but if you plan on pocket carrying anything, go with the Mika holster, you won't regret it.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top