Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Having Issues with my Desert Eagle 1911 G "Looking for advice"

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by MFranklin, Jan 11, 2012.

1. MFranklin

MFranklin Central Oregon Coast Member

I bought this pistol in like new condition. in origonal box and paperwork. The first time I shot the pistol, It was jamming. The spent shell on ejection was coming into contact and jamming with the upcoming round, leaving the slide left open. I am using the factory mag and have tried over and over to shoot the problem out of this pistol but it is every single shot that it has a problem. I have tried to research the issue online and have found nothing. I am in need of some advice. Thanks, Mike

2. duginsky

duginsky Tualatin Active Member

If you have a pic or can photograph a mock-up of what the jam looked like, that would help to maybe determine what is going on. With 1911's, it can be a lot of things - magazines, ammo, recoil spring, feed ramp, dirty gun, lubrication, and on and on. Again, a pic or further description of the jam would help.The 1911 forums are a wealth of resources as well...

3. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

Bad or missing ejector not to be confused with extractor.

4. doubletap007

doubletap007 Beaverton Active Member

loose extractor is not grabbing the spent case,pull it and put a slight bend in it

5. MFranklin

I contacted Magnum Research and I am happy to say that they have an excellent customer service department. Only one day after they received my 1911 they had it repaired, test fired and in the mail back in my direction. Hands down they have my trust, respect and my future business. Thank you to all the advice from fellow members.
    MAGNUM RESEARCH======A+
    Mike

6. Unka-Boo

Unka-Boo Milwaukie Active Member

What was the issue?

7. MFranklin

The fix as it was explained to me was a bad extracter. It was not replaced but instead adjusted. Should have it back tomorrow. If there is anything more I will add it to the thread.

8. Hardwood floor guy

Hardwood floor guy Beaverton Active Member

good call dt!

9. MFranklin

Yes, dt was right on the money on the diagnosis. thanks again

10. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

You had me at Desert Eagle. A range I used to frequent had a sign up that said:

YOU CAN RENT THIS 44 DESERT EAGLE IF YOU WANT BUT IT HAS BROKEN 11 TIMES AND WE WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR IT JAMMING OR BREAKING ON YOU

11. RIABnd1t02

RIABnd1t02 Corvallis New Member

Glad the Magnum Research came through. I have Baby Eagle 1 .40. Other than my 1911 its been the most flawless gun that I have shot and since it doesn't have the current model slide mount auto decocker, it is DA/SA but can be carried cocked and locked. Just alittle on the heavy side for cc.

12. bruzer

bruzer Grants Pass, OR Well-Known Member

Excellent. Got to shoot my Buddy's Desert Eagle .50 Cal and it shakes your innards with only the muzzle bast!
    Mike