JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey Folks,

I went to get some trigger time in this morning out on Gooseneck Rd and found my usual spot just demolished with trash. Half the trees had targets stapled to them. Plastic litter everywhere. Empty casings and shells, paper towels, cans. It was a gross mess. So of course I cleaned the area all the while sizzling over irresponsible gun owners. Then it dawned on me that every time I pick up after one of these bozos there seems to be the same type of litter. So the idea struck me for BLM Bingo

Bingo Card.jpg

Now when you pick up trash you can have a little fun with friends.

I just need to teach my dog how to play Bingo

BLM.JPG

BLM1.jpg

Safe Shooting.

You forgot the washing machine, old couch, camp trailer, gas can, pallets, still smoldering bonfire, and syringes. I'm sure I could come up with another dozen if you wanted a bigger bingo board.

Well it's not just shooters.
Last year or the year before .
We had the so called environmental green tree hugger meeting up here .
To protest the oil trains and the oil tankers that come in here .
Three days of Granola eating snowflakes.
And when they left there was trash everywhere.
So .
It's just a matter of people that are lazy and don't care .

Hey Folks,

I went to get some trigger time in this morning out on Gooseneck Rd and found my usual spot just demolished with trash. Half the trees had targets stapled to them. Plastic litter everywhere. Empty casings and shells, paper towels, cans. It was a gross mess. So of course I cleaned the area all the while sizzling over irresponsible gun owners. Then it dawned on me that every time I pick up after one of these bozos there seems to be the same type of litter. So the idea struck me for BLM Bingo

View attachment 612902

Now when you pick up trash you can have a little fun with friends.

I just need to teach my dog how to play Bingo

View attachment 612904

View attachment 612905

Safe Shooting.
Creative idea! Love it! (I would have found this thread earlier if it had been posted in the Outdoor Shooting section. I 'Follow' that section.) Nice work on the card design!

I need to come see that Gooseneck Rd area. Can I contact you to show me around (most likely next spring)? I'll be at the Mary's Peak cleanup this next weekend but won't have time to scout the Gooseneck area.

I'm sure there's more than one trashed site where people shoot. Perhaps we could get something started in that area to raise awareness and promote being responsible. We could get BLM and County Sheriff's to help us out. Some of that area may be Siuslaw Nat Forest and the USFS would definitely get behind our efforts.

Thanks for the Random Acts of Cleanups, @UnionMillsNW ! That's the way to make us look good!

Bill
Trash No Land

I was out at gooseneck area last week, filled two 30 gallon trash bags, also raked up the #$#×#$ shotgun hulls. I would post a friendly pick up your trash sign, but sadly it would just become another target.

Creative idea! Love it! (I would have found this thread earlier if it had been posted in the Outdoor Shooting section. I 'Follow' that section.) Nice work on the card design!

I need to come see that Gooseneck Rd area. Can I contact you to show me around (most likely next spring)? I'll be at the Mary's Peak cleanup this next weekend but won't have time to scout the Gooseneck area.

I'm sure there's more than one trashed site where people shoot. Perhaps we could get something started in that area to raise awareness and promote being responsible. We could get BLM and County Sheriff's to help us out. Some of that area may be Siuslaw Nat Forest and the USFS would definitely get behind our efforts.

Thanks for the Random Acts of Cleanups, @UnionMillsNW ! That's the way to make us look good!

Bill
Trash No Land

Thanks @Cogs. I'd be happy to show you around. There are really only a few safe shooting spots off Gooseneck Rd....but there are plenty of spots where people shoot and leave trash (I've also stumbled across a few people living out that way)

Whatever we can do to keep our lands clean I'm in.

Didn't they have a clean-up around this time last year? I remember talking with Paul Tigan of the BLM and he got a dumpster for the area. If I remember correctly he said there was about 80 people. I am not sure who sponsored it. I believe there is a thread on it or I mentioned it. I haven't been up there either. I kind of know the general area.

It's always fun, and a good idea, to join up with another group or two for cleanups.

We get more people = do more good,
We build a community of support for each others recreation preference = better relations between shooters and other groups,
We communicate our concern for the need to promote responsible shooting = the community is impressed with responsible shooters and we build support.

Still, no matter if we join another group or we do it on our own, we go into it with that in mind.

If anyone would like to help strengthen the message, join us this next Saturday, Sept 21st, at Mary's Peak. We can chat about a plan for the Gooseneck area along with the Siuslaw NF & BLM reps.

Mary's Peak Annual Cleanup

Last Edited:
You know, it might be fun to make this a contest if @Joe Link were game and we could get sponsors, something like "every bingo enters you into this month's drawing for [insert prize and sponsor here]." Of course, only REMOVED trash counts...

We might need bigger cards with more stuff on 'em for that, though.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top