Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Having fun never gets old (any other pilots on here?)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ATCclears, Jul 12, 2012.

1. ATCclears

ATCclears Seattle area, WA Well-Known Member

Burt Gummer and (deleted member) like this.
  2. muggins

muggins Bonney Lake, WA New Member

I got my PPL in March, slowly working towards my instrument rating. I fly out of Renton, how about you?

3. lamrith

lamrith tacoma Active Member

Very cool! I have always wanted to get my license but never had the $.

4. Allfat

Allfat Marion County Active Member

When I was in college, the AFROTC Program there offered Ground School for free to anyone, just had to buy the books. I took it and passed the class, but have never gotten in the air. After college I started working, and have been working and working and working with not much free time, or money for that matter. I still intend to get my license some day, but who knows when that will be.

My friend is building an Vans Aircraft plane, I think an RV9, but not positive. I have helped him a little bit with that, and it was pretty fun. That would be a great way to get into airplane ownership if one ever desires to do so, and has the skills and patience to complete such a task.

5. Stickjockey

Stickjockey Corvallis, OR Member 2015 Volunteer

Commercial multiengine instrument here. Had big dreams of flying for an airline ; found out reality wasn't all it was cracked up to be. Working on an engineering degree now. Haven't been in the wind since we scattered my Grandfather's ashes in '95.

6. ATCclears

ATCclears Seattle area, WA Well-Known Member

I'm not current right now. The kids are more expensive, but I may get back into the saddle in 18-24 months assuming no serious SHTF.

Peter

7. safetyman

safetyman Clark County, WA Active Member

You know what they say, "Bigger boys, bigger toys!"

8. KONE KILLER

KONE KILLER WASHOUGAL, WA Active Member

Always wanted to become 'official'... I would take the stick some times with my grandpas pilot when I was up in AK.
    Cessna 187 float plane... Kick in the pants. First time I took off, Max was hangin out the door taking pictures of a wolf swimming out to us on this lake we were going to fish. Waited till the last minute to roll it up, but I didnt want a wolf in the plane, that would of been bad...
    Went up with a friend a few times when we lived up in Renton. He flew out of s-36 Crest Airpark.

9. Key-Hay

Key-Hay North Carolina Active Member

I solo'd out of scapoose but ran out of money when the cross countries came due. Switched to R/C. Learned to fly R/C with a 1/5th scale Cub!

Now I fly around on a Harley Street Glide.

10. Key-Hay

Key-Hay North Carolina Active Member

Dad had a 1964 Cessna 182. Flew in it for 6 years all over the Pacific northwest. Found it years later being used as a jump plane in Santa Cruz CA. Nice to see it still in the air!!!
    Skydive_Surfcity_plane.jpg

ATCclears and (deleted member) like this.
  11. Bernoulli

Bernoulli Guest

I'm a retired pilot. I've flown about everything - fighters, transports, bizjets, light aircraft and helicopters. ATP, MEL, MES, SEL, SES. Rated in B-727, B-747, CE-500, CE-750, L-1011

ATCclears and (deleted member) like this.