JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Many probably know I drink heavily from Glock's pitcher of Koolaid!

However, I've always liked the FN Tactical 45, and now they have a new 509 Tactical that is really making me consider an open relationship with my significant other, Glock.

I feel like this should be what the 19x should have been.

She is pretty! Functional, and likely going to join me in unholy polygamy!

The more the merrier. Open relationships are aokay when you're playing with plastic. I mean, its not like you are cheating on a West German P220, an original Smith model 29, or a Hi Power. They get cranky if you want to touch another gun. Plastic pistols are the free love, roman orgy types. Thats why they are high capacity, right? :eek:

Looks awesome, but does he have to wave the gun around without ever having established that it was clear? And does he not realize there are dozens of commercially available guns that have their slide cut for a red dot? He seems to think that Glock is the only one with an MOS option.

"The group is low and left, that's the suppressor's point if impact." Lol, no, that's YOU!

Cool gun, bad reviewer.
Lol, ya, he's off and on. One thing though since he left TFB is that he actually gives negative reviews when they are warranted. Unlike guys like Sootch that can be given a piece of dog poo and he will praise it.

According to TheYankeeMarshal youtube videos, Glocks are especially noted for being jealous and spiteful if you own, shoot, or carry other guns. And they just go out of control with no steel guns around to supervise. See especially the episodes "Glocks: Don't piss them off", "Polymer guns are trash", and "Death of a Glock".

However, I had a G23, and it wasn't jealous at all. However, it was lazy and rude. It was fine with being carried. But it didn't care for doing much shooting work. When I practiced with it, it very lacadasically put the bullets only vaguely in the vicinity of where I wanted them to go. When I pointed out to the G23 that my revolvers actually hit what I aimed them at, it claimed that its job was to be carried, not to be shot, and furthermore I should go fv<k myself. Being female, I couldn't figure out exactly how to do that, and even if I could, I didn't see how that would improve my accuracy. So I sold the Glock.

I suspect whether a gun is jealous or bad tempered has more to do with the individual gun rather than the brand or model. And in most cases, alas, you don't learn about your gun's personality flaws until too late, after you get it home. However, if you see a gun all by itself in the middle of a shelf at the gun store, and all the other guns on that shelf are huddled together in one corner quivering, be forewarned.

Last Edited:
The issue with respect to adding an fn 509 to the twosome of you and your Glock and creating, so to speak, a manage a trois, is not just how the guns get along. It may have even more to do with you-- whether you are basically monogamous, serially monogamous, polygamous, or promiscuous with respect to guns.

All this tends to be within niches. So the monogamous handgun owner might have one regular edc, one very small edc, one house gun, one woods gun, a handgun hunting gun for each sort hunted, and a .22, and still be completely monogamous, basically happy and content with what he has, and not looking for anything new, better, or additional.

I tend to be serially monogamous within niches. So I enjoyed having a Ruger Security 6 snubby for my edc up until I got a 686 snubby. And after that I never really carried or fired the Security again, and after a while, sold it. A more polygamous gunner would have continued to own, carry, and shoot both, even if he preferred the 686. He might have several guns for each niche, where I would tend to end up with only one. The serially monogamous basically tries out new guns with the idea of finding something he or she would like better for a given niche or adding new niches, but tends to end up with only one gun per niche.

Then there are the collectors, the harem keepers of the gun world. They want one or more of everything that even vaguely arouses their interest, whether they at all have time to use all the guns for anything at all. In fact, they may even keep some guns new and unfired, sort of like a harem owner with virgins.

I'm pretty "easy" when it comes to traditional and original muzzleloaders...:D
Andy

DSC05463.jpg

DSC05467.jpg

15-6-6.InterlakeMountainManRendezvous.LeaningMuseum.1998.JPG

Beauty certainly is in the eyes of the beholder.
I agree. I really like the looks of the Smith 66, 686, 629, and 629 Classic. But WTH is going on at the SW Performance Center? Did they hire all employees from an ugly Christmas sweater factory? Then there is the elegant Redhawk followed by the ugly as sin Super Redhawk. Apparently Ruger intended to drop the Redhawk, but too many people continue to prefer it. That FN 509 is just too ugly to own, to my eye. But I've always liked the look of the Glocks.

Lol, no one can agree on what a good looking firearm is.

I should seriously start a thread on that. See if gun owners can come together to agree on a good looking gun.

I found this guy online, still new so not on many sites for sale. It's a bit pricey so I'm not too sure it will join into the relationship.

You will need to go through Glock Trigger Therapy. It's a process and in the end you will buy and sell a bunch of Sig's, CZ's and HK's before realizing that it really doesn't matter and that your actual carry gun never changed despite the constant swapping of range toys... just don't ever shoot a good 1911. It will ruin your sense calibration for agood trigger.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top