JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Dealing with the new 'feelings' of helping my daughter move into her first place over the weekend. Not far, just into Bend but no doubt a tough time for me. The up side is she is a great girl, good grades never any problems. I guess you reap what you sow - I raised her to be fiercely independent and she is showing it now, but she definitely had her ducks in a row for this. Still no easier for me though! All pep talk will be appreciated.

I understand. Our daughter attends college outside the country. Skype and texting has made a huge difference. My guess is you'll soon recieve lots of invitations to come to Bend and take her out to dinner :)

It's hard letting go, but if you love them you have to let them spread their wings. How's that for multiple cliches in one sentence! :s0114:

Seriously, whether you were ready for it or not, it was going to happen some time. I remember when we shipped our son off to WAZU. My wife managed not to cry until we got in the car. :s0114:

All you can do is know that you did the best you could to raise them and be there when the phone call comes and they say "Hey Dad, I could use a little help.". Believe me, it will happen and when it does your heart will melt and you'll say "Sure sweety. What can I do to help?".

Hilarious, the financial support has only just slowed down to a trickle, she is now 31. She got smart a few years ago when she started calling me when she knew I was alone and couldn't hand her off to mom. Her mom would shut her down,I just can't say no to the baby girl.

A couple of things that I have learned over the years now that our five are out on their own: 1) They never really go away, they always come back, and 2) The problems they need you to help them with never go away either, they just get bigger and more expensive. Wouldn't have it any other way!

Hey Coug, I would cry as well if I sent my son to WSU. OREGON!!! I had a friend that was a math teached at WSU. I used to make it up there 2-3 times a year. I still can't stand it. 100 miles north and you're in God's country, but in Pullman there isn't much to write home about(except the Grizzlies. Go see the Grizzlies on campus in their cage. Nothing between you and 800 lbs. of danger but a little cyclone fence.).

Our boy will be 9 in September. I know that we have a long way to go, but wasn't he just 5? We have a hard time letting him go out of our sight, even in front of our house. We tell him that he will live in the basement of our house forever and that he will always be our little boy. Some day though, he will find love, education or the greatest gift he could ever give us, the USMC.

You're never ready for it, but it always comes. Our boy has been headed for the Marine's since he could talk. I believe it to be some sort of destiny or fate. I have never met another 8 year old that could tell you so much about Carlos Hathcock.

If you didn't have separation anxiety, you wouldn't be a dad. Good luck to you and you daughter. Kip

Orygun, it would seem as though you are describing marrying a woman with children and(or sometime thereafter) grandchildren that are not biologically your own. Anyone who thinks that there must be a bloodline for a "connection" to exist has never really lived or loved.

Love doesn't necessarily share a bloodline or a name. We have an inherent ability, a need even, to protect, nurture and love children. If you have loved children that "weren't your own", you have expressed the most sincere form of love in my opinion. One that does not feel obliged by the donation of a sperm cell, but obliged by the feeling itself. Love.

For the record, that is the most sappy s*** I have ever typed in my life. Still, when I look at or think about my boy, I couldn't care less about being sappy. Kip.

Security for her new pad is paramount.. a deadbolt that had no internal knob (key only) and a kick resistent steel receiver for it.. window security and maybe a canine (even an alarm dog would be better than nothing) would be a good idea

Next, a husband :s0114:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top