JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We took possession of our historic investment properties in WA only weeks before election day 2018. I found out about I-1639 ON ELECTION DAY and it absolutely sickened me. At that time we were not WA residents or voters. I swore on that day we'd sell our WA properties ASAP. I was stunned.

We bought here to be close to my aged parents, one of whom has since passed. The other is struggling. Fortunately we don't NEED to buy any more guns, but in reading this thread one thing is clear, no firearms purchases in Washington whatsoever for us. I can't imagine waiting weeks or months to take possession of a legally purchased handgun. My apologies to all FFL's and the like but as a WA native I just can't feel sorry for WA residents, the reason I moved away decades ago. BTW our sheriff has publicly stated that he refuses to enforce the 'unenforceable' I-1639.

Though our building renovation projects here are only midway toward completion, I'm ready to dump them and move to what I term a 'free state'. We came up from Nevada and Arizona, with Nevada becoming Californicated after the 2018 election. Private party transfers in NV are now illegal w/o an FFL and BGC, thanks to Bloomberg. How quickly things change. Bloomberg targeted Nevada after winning in Washington in 2016.

If I dump my properties I'll still turn a profit though it'll be a hell of a loss compared to waiting until completion. Along those lines, our county in Eastern Washington is extremely 2A friendly and conservative, taking much of the sting out of state politics. A 'local boy', Loren Culp, won the Republican nod and will be going up against the third term seeking current governor. Culp won national headlines for refusing to enforce 1639 after it passed in November, he being the Chief of Police in Republic, WA. Will WA voters be bright enough to elect a constitutional conservative as their governor?

We'll see.

I just can't support a state like this in knowing what I know now. Life is too short...

Splitting the state would be my only hope for hanging around. But short of blocking freeways at the tops of the mountain passes I can't see any way we'll get the voters in the state to approve that...

I moved up here from Arizona to where I grew up and was looking at houses in Idaho and Washington. I found the best deal in a little town just over the border in Washington and bought it. 5 months later, I-594 passed. Uh oh. Been looking for a place in Idaho since. Then I-1639 passed and I about moved into an RV in Idaho on my folk's property. I bought a bunch of guns before the law took effect, so I'm good, but am still looking to move to Idaho.

Of course, so is everyone else. Which means I can't afford it. I have enough equity in my home to pay cash for a few acres with a well, but would have to finance construction of a new home, and that is just too much. Even buying a smaller mobile home is $150k after you figure in the dirt work, utilities, septic, etc. Doable, but not a very attractive option.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top