JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
NIMBY
"Not in my beach, yo!"

UNFRIGGIN BEEREEVABLE!:s0092:
First off, how many horses are in Cannon beach? Secondly, they're not carnivorous, they're plant eaters! Seriously?!?!?!?!?
Idiots.

Makes perfect sense to me. Millenials are to lazy to watch where they walk, this way we don't have to listen to the crying when they step in something that smells better than they do!!:s0140::s0140:

It's actually a little more complicated than that...
There are quite a few local horse rental - riding outfits there. Their money is made from the public beach rides - and the drama from locals vs one particular outfit has been brewing for years. This isn't just some random peoples horses occasionally letting loose on a beach. This is dozens of horses everyday leaving the very same messes. The outfit in question has previously, (and un-diplomatically) rebuffed (and cursed) any and all discussions on the matter. Some view her profits as being directly supported by this free beach access (that all have) - but taking the advantage of thinking that the mess the horses leave is not her concern. The actual people who live there - disagree.

There are quite a few local horse rental - riding outfits there. Their money is made from the public beach rides - and the drama from locals vs one particular outfit has been brewing for years. This isn't just some random peoples horses occasionally letting loose on a beach. This is dozens of horses everyday leaving the very same messes. The outfit in question has previously, (and un-diplomatically) rebuffed (and cursed) any and all discussions on the matter. Some view her profits as being directly supported by this free beach access (that all have) - but taking the advantage of thinking that the mess the horses leave is not her concern. The actual people who live there - disagree.

Sounds like it could be solved by enforcing litter laws? Or scoop laws for horses just like dogs?

Make them keep their rides below the tide line and enforce it.
Animal Horse-5.gif

There is more dog crap than horse crap on the beach. Horse nuggets are easy to spot and avoid. Its the lazy, POS dog owners (often the small dogs) that leave it there for everyone to step on.

UNFRIGGIN BEEREEVABLE!:s0092:
First off, how many horses are in Cannon beach? Secondly, they're not carnivorous, they're plant eaters! Seriously?!?!?!?!?
Idiots.

There is a horse rental barn in CB . The town has changed it's full of rich city raised morons. :s0136:

Last Edited:
Anyone ever seen a horse diaper at a parade or a rodeo??????

Not every piece of bubblegum you encounter in life can be banned.

I cannot really express how I feel because bubblegum filters and y'all don't really need to know how dark it gets in my head, LOL!

As far a poop goes, horse apples have got to be the least offensive. Need homeless diapers and changing stations over much of the left coast.
AMEN! I stepped over human feces, far worse and sticks like glue, in Spokane's sidewalks...none seems up in arms over homeless poop!

HEY! If illegals can crap all over the streets and dump in the planters at the malls, I see no reason horses can't crap on the beach! Commiefornia where dogs step in human feces! The summer in San Fran was the best winter I ever spent and trying to walk through LA was like being in "The Walking Dead", only with real live pan handlers. Where are the animal rights idiots when you actually need them?

Apparently - horse diapers. :)
What a load of horsesh!t. Humans leave their crap all over the beaches,.....plastic bags, soda and beer cans, junk food wrappers, etc. The beach is a wide expanse and the tide, if you recall, comes in and goes out, taking the horses' herbivorous droppings out with it. Why wouldn't dogs, with much more odious excrement be first in line for these ridiculous diaper contraptions?
Just one more in a long line of incredibly ridiculous ideas from people who have zero experience, in this case, with horses, but generally with real life, and who have joined the ever-growing ranks of those who have long ago left behind anything even closely resembling common sense.
And yes, I raised horses, and yes I used to live on the coast, spending untold hours on the beach and not giving a damn at the occasional pile of dog poop I would pass on my meandering. It's.....The.....Beach.
Wow.....people need to get a life.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads