JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Dude, ever dimple the primer on a .44 Mag inside the cab of a pickup, make my ears bleed just thinking about it now! Holy crap, i thought the Wife and I were deaf permentally!
I dont recomend it:eek:

My normal carry is a shoulder holster. Galco Miami with a 1911 Commander. I have absolutely no problems getting to my piece sitting in either the wifes Mini or my F-150. Like some of the other folks here, I am pretty hesitant to just stick the pistol in the center console. Oh yeah, not much room in that Mini to stash a firearm discreetly. As an added bonus, there are two extra mags under my right arm. That's what I'm comfortable with, anyway.

Nope.

I am pretty lousy at drawing so I don't even try.

pfaBxA9.jpg

:D

Yes. Even took a class where we had to shoot out the front windshield of a car and shoot into cars.
Tell everyone what it's like to to fire a gun inside a car .
You probably had ear plugs in .
Try it with out ear plugs.
And see how it feels.
Nothing against you but if you ever fired a gun in a car with out ear protection.
It's a big difference.
Even with ear protection it's a big difference

I haven't actually done any live shooting from inside my car but I have been trained and understand the vulnerabilities of being assaulted while sitting in the drivers seat. So for that reason I have planned for my defense from that location and the defense of any family or passengers that may be riding with me.

Without fail, I always remove my conceal carry firearm from my person prior to getting in the drivers seat of my vehicle. I place the unholstered pistol in a predetermined location on the under side of my steering column. I do this for two reasons.

1. It is uncomfortable for me to conceal carry when I'm driving and I haven't found a way to alleviate that discomfort and keep the firearm easily accessible.
2. I have effectively made my pistol as quick and easy to access from the drivers position as the headlight control knob or radio tuner in the vehicle.

When I had determined that I could not comfortably conceal carry while in the driving position, I toiled for months on where to strategically locate my pistol in the car when I'm driving. Many trials and fails finally led me to keeping it safely and firmly located under my steering column, held there by a commercially available magnet designed for the task. I can actually access my pistol quicker from this location while in my car than I can draw it from my on body conceal carry when I'm not in my car.

I drive a 2019 Ford Mustang and interior space is at a premium so it was difficult to find a location for my Sig P365 that I could access easily with my right hand (strong hand but I do shoot lefty too). I keep two extra 12 round mags in my console where they are not as easy to access as the pistol but I know where they are if I need them. Though the pistol leaves with me whenever I exit the car, the extra mags in the console stay put and are dedicated solely to remaining in the car fully loaded.

I'm curious how you were able to mount your magnet. I've got a couple magnets for this reason but keep thinking that the plastic that cars are made of nowadays it may prove too big of a task holding a pistol time and time again.

I'm curious how you were able to mount your magnet. I've got a couple magnets for this reason but keep thinking that the plastic that cars are made of nowadays it may prove too big of a task holding a pistol time and time again.
I bought this magnet off of Amazon. It is strong enough to hold my Glock 19 solid so my Sig P365 is no issue at all.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0796NXF11/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It comes with double sided tape or four screws for mounting. I opted to use the screws to insure it was a solid mount.

I ran the screws through the countersunk holes in the magnet and into the plastic underside of my steering column. There were some wires on the other side of the plastic of the steering column so I was mindful of placement. I did not drive the screws all the way in. I just got the holes in the plastic of the steering column started. Once the holes were started I backed the screws out and sheared them to a shorter length. Maybe half of the original length. Long enough to still get solid purchase through the plastic but short enough that hey did not protrude through the other side of the plastic far enough to come close to any wiring. It is as solid as solid can be.

You can not pull the pistol straight off the magnet. I can get a hold of the grip and I sort of roll it off the magnet. It's actually really easy and solid as heck. The magnet has a rubber coating encapsulating it so you do not damage the finish on your pistol. The mounting screw holes in the magnet are countersunk so the finish of the pistol does not contact the head of the screws.

OK, here's my two cents. First, I don't subscribe to shooting out a windshield from inside the car. Situational awareness is the key as mentioned in the video.

I think a car magnet is a good option even with their limitations and after factoring in my own "What If" scenarios.

I bought a Remora holster that I leave in the car. I simply move my pistol from my carry rig (RH) to the Remora and position my gun in a comfortable cross draw position. My access just became a bit quicker.

Last Edited:
Full electronic earmuffs for the class. And you better have eye protection because little bits of glass bounce back from the windshield.

Same here. IDPA scenario with .45... not my wife's ported .357... gotta rethink that one. She's been putting her mouse gun .380 in there, but meh. Better than nothing I suppose.

No, rather I'm suggesting perhaps there are better options that won't blow eardrums out and rattle teeth loose.

What are your suggestions?

OK, here's my two cents. First, I don't subscribe to shooting out a windshield from inside the car. Situational awareness is the key as mentioned in the video.

I think a car magnet is a good option even with their limitations and after factoring in my own "What If" scenarios.

I bought a Remora holster that I leave in the car. I simply move my pistol from my carry rig (RH) to the Remora and position my gun in a comfortable cross draw position. My access just became a bit quicker.

Curious, is this holster used as an appendix carry, if not which model?

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads