JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I like the sheepdog among the sheep analogy, i really do think we end up creating a kind of aurora, so to speak, and i love that sometimes you don't even have to draw.

Also, i was interested to find out that pointing a gun at someone in Oregon is a crime, so i'm very glad we can just draw if needed in order to have the desired effect.

Yes, twice. First time I scared off a fellow that was trying to rob me with a knife. No shots fired. Second time the person was coming at me with a gun coming out of his pocket. I fired and hit him in the right knee cap.
The same person was involved in both instances. Had I taken care of it right the first time there would hav not been a second.

This has always been in the back of my mind. If you use your gun but don't shoot it to scare off or intimidate a potential bad guy in or near your house, place of work or places you frequent he may come back for revenge or try to accomplish his failed mission. Call me paranoid but with the number of nut cases and druggies out there it is entirely within the realm of possibility. A lot of people out there are not totally rational today. Sounds like Redbobfire had it happen to him.

This has always been in the back of my mind. If you use your gun but don't shoot it to scare off or intimidate a potential bad guy in or near your house, place of work or places you frequent he may come back for revenge or try to accomplish his failed mission. Call me paranoid but with the number of nut cases and druggies out there it is entirely within the realm of possibility. A lot of people out there are not totally rational today. Sounds like Redbobfire had it happen to him.

And if you do, a relative may come after you. There is no telling really as far as I can see. I still figure that the best scenario is the one where you don't shoot unless you have to.

Yes, there are many cases of family or "friends" of a dead or jailed perp getting themselves worked up to right the perceived wrong, and attacking a would-be victim. It's not like criminals are in the business of accepting responsibility anyway - everything is somebody else's fault.

I recall a murder case where the neighbor killed the husband but didn't quite finish off the wife, so her testimony got him sent up for life. After sentencing, the convict screams across the courtroom at the woman he had tried to kill, whose husband he had killed, saying, "You ruined my life!" And do you know why he committed murder? Just to steal their car.

Last year there was an armed robber somewhere around this side of town who called the pizza place he had just hit to complain about how small the take was! Talk about a sense of entitlement - it happens on all levels of criminality, and not just with the stone-cold psychopathic killers.

6 times and my lady twice down in the madhouse called California. Most of the times I drew against rape packs intent on my wife, sister, etc. Once against illegal alien serial killers who were nabbed by the Cali HWY patrol 2 weeks later

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top