JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For me its Winchester 94 Carbines...
I like the gun and cartridge but the stock is a bit short for me and gets uncomfortable for extended shooting sessions...
I've owned a few , both pre and post 64...shot 'em , hunted with them , then end up trading them off.
Yet whenever I get a hankering for a lever action .30-30 ....I get to looking at them.
Well those and the Marlin 336 models....LOL

Short barreled , as in 18-20 inch barreled shotguns are another gun I get , play with for a while and then tend to flip for something else....
That said I have a 1981 dated Wingmaster with a factory 18 inch Improved Cylinder choked barrel that is in excellent shape and shoots wonderfully for me , that is a keeper...So "never again"...ain't going to hold true in this case...:D
Andy

Just one. Kimber.

But there are sure a lot of "probably nots".
I've never owned a Kimber long gun.
I took my screen name back in 1999 on GunBroker and their Forum, the first I ever joined. They were already famous for their rifles but my familurity was with thier pistols was back when Kimber only built 70 Series pistols (long before the Kimber2) I've only bought 2 Kimbers Pistols since they started the Kimber 2 line. One was a Kimber 2 which I sold within a month ... and the other was about 4 years ago, a Kimber Warrior which is in the original 70 Series.
Its really sad that they succumbed to pressure from California and changed the design for everybody just so they could sell in Commifornia.
This thread should not be limited to just "rifles". Maybe change the title and include pistols, shotguns, etc?
If I were to include pistol's there would be more than a few ... Keltec, Ruger (except the MK 1, 2 & 3), Kahr, Raven (and the whole ring of fire) Iver Johnson, I don't like most S&W automatic's, Springfield Armory (anything) ... oh, there's a so many I can't even think of them all now.

If you have a story on a pistol ... feel free.
My experience with buying them AGAIN has been mostly with rifles.

And then ... did?

If so, what's your story?

Mine is the Ruger Mini-14/30.

Back in the late 70's/early 80's I bought a Mini-14, mostly because it didn't "offend" my dad like the AR-15 did. Not that I really cared about that, but he get on rants about how it isn't "a mans gun" would get old.
Honestly, if I'd never shot an AR-15 I'd have probably been semi-okay with it, because the accuracy at 100 yards 4-6" BUT an AR was 1-1.5 at least until the pencil barrel started heating up.
Keep in mind, the AR was still considered a "Mouse a gun" there was nothing custom available for it, they all had a A1 uppers, a 7 pound trigger and very few had 16" barrels and a collapsible stock ... But for all its short comings it stood over the mini, so NEVER AGAIN!

Then along came the mid-late 90's and the Internet and once again the battle within was stired. This time it was a Mini-30 (7.62x39) but yet again, it came up against my Colt in 7.62x39 and again, it couldn't hold a candle. It's only redemption was the 20 round mag because I couldn't get my Colt to feed reliably with anything but a 5 round mag, not even the Franken-mags with an AK mag body welded to the AR mag top.
But besides that an AK was more accurate, which of course that gave dad the "Commie Gun" argument.
Again ... NEVER AGAIN!

Then, along comes a local gunshow, September 14, 2019, and there (in my mind) just looking drop dead georgeous, Stainless in a Choate folding stock; I was thunder struck.

View attachment 619858
View attachment 619859

And for the "repeat offender price" of $625, I just couldn't leave it there. Even as I was walking out the door, I couldn't believe I'd bought another.

I haven't been able to get it out for accuracy testing, but I was ringing 8" steel at 150 and 12" at 200 yards. For me, to really test its accuracy, I'd have to scope it ... but, knowing it'll probably just piss me off (it was produced in 82-83) , I think I'll just keep it simple and scope free.

Cool, now you're all set for shooting around corners. :rolleyes:o_O

;):D

Easy answer. The TNW ASR 9mm carbine. I had terrible luck with one I bought (new). Reliability was poor with every mag (Glock factory or aftermarket) and any variety of ammo. And instead of becoming better after a break in period, it actually got worse. The upper and lower worked loose from each other beyond the ability to adjust. Couple that with the awful reputation of the manufacturer and its owner (I didn't find out about this part till after I'd bought the rifle) and we get something I can confidently say I'd never buy again.

Lol, every time I buy a gun it's a "I don't need this." But, "I do anyways."

Another .22LR

They just kept coming. I also told myself I wouldn't do another suppressor but I dropped fingerprints in the mail today..

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top