JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
feed_troll.jpg

FYI, SuperJew has been banned from FiveseveNForum as of today. He has been playing the same trolling game on our forum and after many warnings we finally got fed up with him.

And to keep things on topic. No, I haven't ever needed my firearm in a road-rage situation. Not only do I do everything I can do avoid such situations, but when in control of a vehicle that weighs over 3,000 lbs, that will be my primary "weapon" to escape. Unless someone puts me into a ditch and then proceeds to my vehicle to attack me, I'm getting out of Dodge. Carrying a weapon, and using one for that matter, is not a thing someone should take lightly. A pull of the trigger WILL change your life forever, and you should do whatever you can do to avoid such a situation.

I don't understand you're problem with SuperJew, but his post count is about 4x yours

Post count aside, I'm an admin on another firearms forum and he has been warned multiple times, temp banned, and now is permanently banned. He continuously turned threads into political debates over things not even mentioned in threads until he brought them up, then would throw the "you just don't like me because I'm a democrat" card, and would bait people into arguments. Not only that, he decided it was ok to plagiarize someone else's work, word for word, and said he thought it was ok because he thought the same thing that the other person had written.

Anyway, I've already talked with a mod. I just wanted to make the staff here aware of his tendencies... I didn't come here cause issues, in fact I was a member well before I even noticed he was here.

Back to the topic at hand, I didn't mean to derail the thread, and this will be my last post about this.

Well some people come to forums to disrupt the flow.It's just what they want to do,agenda wise.It's a designed ploy to get under peoples skins.Most "don't say" what their affiliations are but the really "purposeful" ones do.This is what their agenda is designed to do.They show the "people" that they are pretty much like them,gun owners,some beliefs BUT this is just part of their agenda.Once the banter flows,the conflict runs between people,mis direction,the division,the divide and conquer,then they have created the coup they were here for.Just my thoughts.It don't mean nothin.

well on 20k a year and soon to be losing my job that Ive worked for 5 years, I cant afford to put a roof over my head for the time being. So they pull out, their house, their rules argument if I even attempted to bring it up. They didn't want me purchasing a firearm in the first place to be honest, that took some negotiating on my part just to get that far.

And since Im looking into probation and parole as my first try at the criminal justice field, in this state, the pay is so measly, I would probably have to live in section 8 housing which is not something I want to do.

If you have umbilical cord issues like this you will never make it in public safety, at any level. Not even filing.

And to keep things on topic. No, I haven't ever needed my firearm in a road-rage situation. Not only do I do everything I can do avoid such situations, but when in control of a vehicle that weighs over 3,000 lbs, that will be my primary "weapon" to escape. Unless someone puts me into a ditch and then proceeds to my vehicle to attack me, I'm getting out of Dodge. Carrying a weapon, and using one for that matter, is not a thing someone should take lightly. A pull of the trigger WILL change your life forever, and you should do whatever you can do to avoid such a situation.

I have never NEEDED my firearm in a road rage incident, although when others have gotten aggressive with me, I just go into defensive mode and get the **** out the area is soon as possible. I was glad I had something on me just in case. If I was cornered, forced to pull off, whatever, then I would consider using the necessary force to stop the situation. Like others have said, it WILL change your life forever no matter what and it's nothing to be taken lightly.

I carry for the simple purpose of covering MY behind. I'm not the police, I'm not SPECWAR, I'm just a dude who has a serious interest in self-preservation. If someone walks into the bank I'm cashing my paycheck at and implements a robbery, I'm kissing the floor like everyone else. But keeping my eyes open.

There are alot of polarizing stickers out there that I like and had considered putting on my car, but don't because I don't need to give someone a reason to F with me. Start a road rage incident, key my car, break into my car, slash my tires, whatever. I don't think I need to advertise my political views from my bumper. What do you seriously expect? Every time I see some d**n hippy with a "Coexist" or "tree hugging dirt worshipper" sticker I feel like getting out at the next stoplight and beating them within an inch of their life. I won't do it, but that's how it makes me feel. So why offer the opportunity to others who may not maintain self control?

Pro Choice? Really Dude? I respect your right to have an opinion but I don't respect your opinion. What do you really expect? This is "Northwest Firearms". Not "Southern California Un-Armed Hippies With Slingshots". You deserve and have every right to be made fun of here.

i have a story for ya. I didn't 'need' my gun but it was a bit scary.

I was on I5 heading south from salem to eugene and there were 3 of us in 3 different cars getting into it. Things escalated, I probably made some unnecesary lane changes as did they, to say the least...I was not the instigator but I let myself be instagated and that was dumb on my part. The last time I got in front of the guy I looked in my rear view mirror and he was waving a semi-auto hand gun around all pissed off. The other people beside and behind him noticed it and pulled off the road. He then proceeded to aim the gun with his left hand, resting it on his left side rear view mirror as to stabilize for a shot. Right away I swerved to the right lane and hit the brakes and got a good 100yds behind him while I called the cops. I never got a plate # and he took the harrisburg exit which is a bit secluded so I didn't follow either. It was a maroon early 90's accord, I'll never forget it. Had 3 hub caps and the guy was hispanic, wearing a black baseball cap. The pistol looked like a beretta92FS to me. maybe a taurus look a like.

I had my hk usp 40 on me at the time. But there was obviously no need to pull it out. Only time I see needing a HG for SD inside your car is an attempted car jacking or something like that.

Our problem stems from me being a democrat, which is rare on your gun forum, and most of your members being conservative.

Actually, I think the problem is you got a little excited remembering your last road-rage experience, and got off topic. If you had just said that it was over someone having a problem with your bumpersticker, and then gone on with the story everything would be fine. This is a gun site, and one that I enjoy because there are members of all different religions, political offiliations, sexual orientations, sexes, and races. And none of that matters because we have one thing we agree about and it is the reason we come here. GUNS! Shooting sports! Stay on topic, and we love to discuss and debate all day long. If we wanted to hear crying about how someone of a particular potitical/religious view feels under-represented, we would go someplace else.

Registered Democrat, by the way, although I voted for McCain.

Just remember, just because you're a chl holder does NOT allow you to present your firearm unless yours or someone elses life is in danger. If you flash your weapon just to try to quell a tense situation you can be arrested.

Just remember, just because you're a chl holder does NOT allow you to present your firearm unless yours or someone elses life is in danger. If you flash your weapon just to try to quell a tense situation you can be arrested.

=======================================================

Well I suppose you could show it to a friend, if they asked nicely.;)

one of the top-10 stupidest posts i've ever seen on an internet gun forum.

---

i've had a small handful of situations where i was deliberately aware of my weapon, but havent ever reached. i have been in jump-out-the-truck situations, and i've even been the first one out. hiding in your safety bubble just isn't my style, and while i understand how these things go south sometimes, it just strikes me as wholly cowardly to just sit there when other people are putting you and/or others in danger with their stupidity. would you just stand there quietly if somebody stepped in front of you in line at the bank, or harassed you as you walked down the street? i dont understand why being in a vehicle makes it any different- its your duty as a card-carrying man to address injustice, reckless negligence, or even malicious insult.

and yes- that video is confirmed staged... pops up on gun forums from time to time, and it's illegitimacy has been well established.

Agreed.

well on 20k a year and soon to be losing my job that Ive worked for 5 years, I cant afford to put a roof over my head for the time being. So they pull out, their house, their rules argument if I even attempted to bring it up. They didn't want me purchasing a firearm in the first place to be honest, that took some negotiating on my part just to get that far.

And since Im looking into probation and parole as my first try at the criminal justice field, in this state, the pay is so measly, I would probably have to live in section 8 housing which is not something I want to do.

And this has to be in the top 5...

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews