JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Before I explain what i saw today i would like to know the proper educate for seeing someone that it obviously trying to conceal a gun most likely legally however, it was obvious it was a gun in his back pocket.

This guy was very clean cut and was christmas shopping with his wife today in a retail/electronics store.

How did you handle the situation and why?

Thanks
tlakidd

I would just notice it and leave it alone, it is none of my business. If somebody told me they could tell I was carrying, I would ignore them. I don't care if somebody is conceal carrying and it prints, it is not always possible to conceal carry perfectly, a gust of wind can expose a persons best efforts at concealing their weapon.
If the person looks like they are preparing to use it as an offensive weapon, then I can decide what is the next best course of action to take. There are a lot of conceal carry license holders in Oregon, open carry is legal also. The general public has no business educating others on how effective they are concealing their pistol, mind your own business.

Before I explain what i saw today i would like to know the proper educate for seeing someone that it obviously trying to conceal a gun most likely legally however, it was obvious it was a gun in his back pocket.

This guy was very clean cut and was christmas shopping with his wife today in a retail/electronics store.

How did you handle the situation and why?

First of all, a gun in his back pocket is not an active gun, and none of my business.

I would say "Hi" at the very most. Absolutely nothing otherwise. OC is totally legal, and printing is not a problem that needs to be addressed in OR, WA, Or ID.

I would just notice it and leave it alone, it is none of my business. If somebody told me they could tell I was carrying, I would ignore them. I don't care if somebody is conceal carrying and it prints, it is not always possible to conceal carry perfectly, a gust of wind can expose a persons best efforts at concealing their weapon.
If the person looks like they are preparing to use it as an offensive weapon, then I can decide what is the next best course of action to take. There are a lot of conceal carry license holders in Oregon, open carry is legal also. The general public has no business educating others on how effective they are concealing their pistol, mind your own business.

+1

Ok, so here is the rest of the story. Was at Best Buy picking up christmas gifts for the family, while waiting in line at the register I noticed the checkered pattern of pistol grip in the back pocket of the guy in front of me as the gun had slid up most likely when he sat down. Never said anything but it did make me think, I wonder if my LCP ever slides up from sitting on it. I always use a pocket holster but I never carry pocket pistol when I wear jeans. (Jeans make carrying a larger gun easy so why have a pocket carry when I can carry a compact). This person was not using a holster and my guess would be that is why his pistol had slipped up. Just made me think if anyone had noticed me carrying and what they would say and how would I react to their comment.
tlakidd

if i thought it was unintentional, i'd probably say, quietly, "hey dude.. your piece is slipping." otherwise, as others have said.. none of your business, and courtesy ends where MYOB begins.

Seriously, I don't think you could go wrong either way: not saying anything means you are minding your own business; OTOH, saying something in a helpful manner might help the guy realize a faux pas. Whatever works for you would be fine. Personally, if I were that guy I would be happy if someone let me know that something might be amiss.

hmmm... if it looks like it might fall out I would be more likely to quietly inform the individual if for no other reason than to prevent him from accidentally loosing it and have it fall in to the wrong hands - be it a gang banger, thug, or a kid that mistakes it for a toy and accidentally shoots someone/thing.
Personally, if someone let me know I was in danger of dropping my carry weapon I would appreciate the tip.

Every time I notice someone carrying I first notify the police and then make a grandiose distraction to keep the villain busy until the authorities arrive.

Either that, or I do nothing and mind my own business.
I wouldnt want others to mention my ccw in public and I dont think that the middle of best buy is the best place for a gun chat with a stranger.

I would use my college football stadium game voice and announce (preferably over the PA system): "THERE IS A GUY WITH A PISTOL IN HIS POCKET. NO NEED TO WORRY AS IT IS NOT AN ASSAULT PISTOL." That's what I would do. Maybe. Probably not.

Every time I notice someone carrying I first notify the police and then make a grandiose distraction to keep the villain busy until the authorities arrive.

Either that, or I do nothing and mind my own business.
I wouldnt want others to mention my ccw in public and I dont think that the middle of best buy is the best place for a gun chat with a stranger.

HS, I lol'd at that!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads