JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This was mentioned (a little out of place) in another thread and I thought it could prove interesting.

Blame it on Nixon!
We were married on February 22nd 1966, Washington's Birthday. Never forget that a? Holiday and everything.:D

Wrong! :confused: Nixon came along and the holiday weekend became "President's Day". Washington's Birthday just became another day, easy to forget so close to a holiday weekend, when you're both working. :(

Bingo!! We both forgot it. :eek: But, only twice in 48 years.:D

I am the luckiest man in the world. My wife could care less about the day, I usually have to remind her it is or was our anniversary. No gifts, cards or anything in the last 27 years.

We usually tell each other it has been a pretty good run, and we will keep going another year.

This was mentioned (a little out of place) in another thread and I thought it could prove interesting.

Blame it on Nixon!
We were married on February 22nd 1966, Washington's Birthday. Never forget that a? Holiday and everything.:D

Wrong! :confused: Nixon came along and the holiday weekend became "President's Day". Washington's Birthday just became another day, easy to forget so close to a holiday weekend, when you're both working. :(

OMG! no way! are you crazy? the punishment for a slip up like forgetting my anniversary would be unfathomable…..I'm talking hell fire,, scorched earth,,, lightning bolts shooting out of my wifes eye sockets, kind of stuff….

Last Edited:
I probably only forgot it the first 4 years of our marriage. I did but she didn't. I was consistent. I forgot her birthday too. So now for her birthday we celebrate that holiday that celebrates the Mexican Revolution, a day early. Quatro de Mayo. Instead of a cake we have tamales.

It's impossible to forget the anniversary. All our friends, relatives and the pastor remind me.

I got shafted on my birthday too. February 22nd. Now I wish everyone would quit reminding me. It's not worth the presents. Freaking planned obsolescence.

My wife and I got into an argument once. On my birthday I thought I was a year younger than I was. Finally, she said with her condescending look, "If you don't believe me look at your drivers license. " That's so wrong. :(I lost a year of my life. She was probably getting even.

Im glad I saw this thread, I dont know about forgetting my anniversary but talk about forgetting dates made me realize my youngest son's birthday is tomorrow. He is old enough, a grown man really, that it probably wouldn't bother him if I did not wish him well. But I always feel better if I do.

On our wedding day we both said yes to some pretty basic vows, "love, honor and obey", in front of God and a bunch of other close friends/family....
.....for the following 37 years we've awakened on the anniversary of those vows and one or the other have said, "Well, I'm good for another year...how 'bout you?".....
.....so far, so good!

Blame it on Nixon!

No way, Jack! Not in 45yrs! I married her on Valentines day!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top