JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Credit card sized multi-tool ($3 at a swap meet) was confiscated by the high school dropouts, I mean tsa agents when I took a day drip from seattle to spokane for work.

Never a firearm, as I don't carry while at work :(

Last Edited:
I thought is was legal to carry in bars in OR?
It is.
Fact is, instead of our liberal friends crying to be more like California and Washington, perhaps they should take a closer look at the rash of bar shootings in Oregon. Oh wait, there is no such thing. Hmmm, so why is it necessary to be more like California?

As far as carry in airports, OFF was instrumental in getting the port authority and Portland police from acting against the law and prohibiting carry in public areas of PDX.

I thought is was legal to carry in bars in OR?

As a Portlander with friends in both states, I use restaurants with bars in Washington too.

Honestly? I never really paid attention since I keep my concealed carry piece concealed, and I plan ahead to never take it anywhere with metal detectors.

Last Edited:
I forgot my wedding anniversary one time.
I was watching tv while my wife was making dinner, when that "Diamonds are Forever" commercial came on and it hit me like a ton of bricks, "Krap, I clean forgot it was today"
It showed a guy presenting his wife with some diamond earrings while they were out to dinner at some fancy place.
I carefully looked over at my wife expecting the worst as the commercial ended, but I saw the realization showing up on her face that she clean forgot too.
We both started laughing at the same time.
Me, for getting off so easy, and her for forgetting anything, as she has a razor sharp memory for these types of things.

ROFLOL
I have had 50 of those and soon to be 51 and never forgot one of them, or I would probably be much shorter than I am :D

Oh and stopped flying and even going to airports after building the wing jig for the first 747 .... long time ago.
I will fly again when God puts feathers on me. We have perfectly good ground and water to travel on.

I forgot my wedding anniversary one time.
I was watching tv while my wife was making dinner, when that "Diamonds are Forever" commercial came on and it hit me like a ton of bricks, "Krap, I clean forgot it was today"
It showed a guy presenting his wife with some diamond earrings while they were out to dinner at some fancy place.
I carefully looked over at my wife expecting the worst as the commercial ended, but I saw the realization showing up on her face that she clean forgot too.
We both started laughing at the same time.
Me, for getting off so easy, and her for forgetting anything, as she has a razor sharp memory for these types of things.

A guy I work with arrived at the office one Friday even though he had leave scheduled. We all had a big chuckle when he left right away, adding that it was actually his 34th anniversary.

He showed up the following Monday with a broken wrist in a cast. Said he slipped off a stool swatting at a spider with a broom. That's his story and he's sticking to it.

Last Edited:
It Is. In washington it is a no no though.

Washington is becoming another California, and little Beijing working its way toward becoming Pyongyang clone. Hammer and sickle/red star flags to follow. Portland and Eugene are a little ahead of it yet, but not for long at the rate it is going and at the rate the apathy is spreading up there.

That was directed at the Wa is California comments.

We indeed tried to stop I594, all we can do is do our best and be satisfied that we did our part.

No harm no fowl (unless be berated):)
Berated, not in a million years brother! Our brothers and sisters in Washington and across this nation that have fought for our second amendment right. I have the upmost respect, and an endless appreciation for each and everyone of them!

Never have...

Thump your chests while you can guys, Oregone will fall in with the rest of the Left coast.... just sayin......

Its in fast foreword and has been for a while. The idiot voters here really clinched it this last election....
unbelievable, just dumb-stupid !
Its like a bad plague that has attacked the brain of the voters..
This time they cut their own throats.

Last Edited:
No. I take my carry seriously even when I'm not thinking about it. I listen to these idiots crying about "forgetting" and I have to wonder: How can you possibly "forget" a CCW. And WTH is wrong with you that you COULD "forget" when entering an airport? Seriously? are you THAT stupid?

This and several other comments guarantee that nobody in their right mind is going to admit to making such a mistake here. Good way to kill a thread that might have been helpful.

This and several other comments guarantee that nobody in their right mind is going to admit to making such a mistake here. Good way to kill a thread that might have been helpful.

I suppose we will have to agree to disagree.
"Forgetting" As in, so completely oblivious to your responsibility to be mindful of what your doing when carrying, and doing so when you walk into one of the most heavily secured areas in the country (an airport) is so grossly irresponsible I doubt the kind of person who's going to walk through a metal detector with a loaded gun is going to get much "assistance" via an internet thread.

Even people who've never owned a gun know airport secured areas are a NO GO zone for a loaded weapon. If someone actually gets to the security line and only then remembers he's carrying? What would you like me to say? the obvious? "Go back to your car and stash the gun?" If someone needs an internet thread to make that judgement call, frankly they should reconsider carrying, IMO.

99% of us are responsible, mindful people, pretty scrupulous about knowing and obeying the law. The other 1%? Nothing said here is going to help.

Apologies if you think I shut down the thread with an ill-considered comment. Goodness knows I've made plenty of those. But this, I think, is not one of them.

Well the question included other prohibited areas. I can't picture myself walking onto a courthouse or airport and it not occurring to me, but how many people do you think carry pepper spray in their pocket or purse into a Post Office? If you said a lot you're probably right.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top