Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Have you ever been "caught" carrying?

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by branson4020, Mar 7, 2012.

1. branson4020

branson4020 Forest Grove, OR Active Member

There's been a couple of good threads going about the recent no-guns-on-campus kerfluffle at University of Oregon. The OFF is encouraging folks with CHLs to just ignore the policy and continue to carry. Lot's of folks have said they carry everywhere, public or private, regardless of policies or posted restrictions. So that leads me to the general question:

Have you ever been 'caught' carrying and been asked to leave any place?

2. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

No

I carry a Kahr P45 everyday with two spare mags in my vest. Even carry the Kahr when working outside. In my bathrobe pocket I keep a P-3AT, hope it's enough to get to something bigger if needed.

3. ftsdoc

ftsdoc albany New Member

yes I was caught carrying at LBCC and had to listen to security tell me all the BS about why i should not carry on campus(if there was a shooting the police would come with hunter/killer teams and shoot first and ask questions second). I just let them know i would not be running around with my gun drawn looking for someone to shoot so the police would not shoot me.

4. glock.40

glock.40 Orygun Active Member

Whaaaaaaa? Everyone who carries a gun is just looking for someone to shoot. Duh.

5. Allfat

Allfat Marion County Active Member

I have only been carrying for about 6 months, but I have never been called out for carrying anywhere. I guess I just conceal it well.

One time, I was talking with a vendor at work and we got on the subject of guns. He was talking about CCW and I told him that I carry pretty much all the time. He asked where I usually carry and I slapped my gun right behind my hip. He asked why I didn't have it on my now, and I told him I did have it. He was amazed that I pointed to it and he still couldn't see it.

6. Rapid1

Rapid1 Eugene Member

Nope

7. Teufel_Hunden

Teufel_Hunden Albany, Oregon Active Member

Never made......neither do I care!

8. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

Hasn't happened to me either.

9. ericb

ericb Klamath Falls, OR Active Member

My little LCP hangs out in my pocket all day every day, never been made once. Someone would really have to be eying my junk to see that I'm carrying.

10. FatherHolyHoly

FatherHolyHoly MN Active Member

Not with a gun THAT small.

11. ericb

ericb Klamath Falls, OR Active Member

Haha, yeah, I should carry a banana in my left pocket, then I doubt anyone would be looking to see what's in my right one.

12. M67

M67 NW Oregon Active Member

I have carried everything from 6" 357 magnums to 5906's and no one has ever noticed. I regularly carry 2 full size handguns and plenty of spare ammo, with ease.
    Holster and clothing selection is very important.

M67

13. Invader

Invader Beaverton Member

Only been "made" once by my boss, who noticed the clips on my IWB holster were a different color than my belt. Changed the belt and solved the issue.
    (side note- he did the supervisor thing of asking me to verify that I was not violating any HR policies. I found no policies prohibiting lawful concealed carry)

14. One-Eyed Ross

One-Eyed Ross Winlock, WA Well-Known Member

I didn't vote because I live in Washington and it isn't an issue...

The only thing that has ever been said was "some one likes his guns" or some such comment..

Redcap and (deleted member) like this.
  15. duran21

duran21 Lacey Active Member

When i get my hair cut (I go to the same place every time) the guy normally asks me to remove my jacket, he happens to have prior service in the military, so i just let him know Im armed. After reminding him he just works around the jacket. :)

16. Misterbill

Misterbill Yakima County, Washington New Member

Never been caught carrying when I cared one way or the other. -then again, I live in Eastern WA and cops don't much care unless you look like a gang-banger or you're carrying a AR on a single-point sling looking like your ready to go postal. -In those cases, *I* would bust your *** on brandishing.

RKBA doesn't include making everyone who sees you wonder when you're going to pull the trigger you're obviously itching to pull. -Common sense goes a long way to avoid problems and yes, I've started open carrying pretty frequently with ZERO issues.

17. Misterbill

Misterbill Yakima County, Washington New Member

I just told my guy I'm O/Cing and its not an issue. He's in his 70s (Cut me and my dad's hair til Dad passed). He just doesn't seem to care. But I'm sure he appreciated the warning. -I would.

18. VW_Factor

VW_Factor Woodburn Oregon Active Member

Been made? While CC'ing, nope.. Not really..

I will OC. Never been asked to leave anywhere about it either..

Why do you think if someone sees you CC even, they would ask you to leave?

19. unklekippy

unklekippy In The Mountains Near Sprague River Well-Known Member

I have never been "caught" carrying. That would represent poor concealment on my part. I carry an LCP, a Ruger SR9C, a S&W 4" 686, a 6" S&W Model 29 and have in the past carried 1911's. I am also 6'4" tall and weigh about 270. I can hide my Yugo AK with an underfolder under my coat. Being a big guy makes concealment a little easier. I can put my SR9C in the front pocket of my jeans. VW_Factor-People in Portland have this idea that guns are the reason for crime, depression, rainy days and sad little puppy dogs. There are businesses with NO FIREARMS signs posted on their doors. My understanding is that on private property, that is their right. That is why they would ask you to leave. You can smoke weed in the streets here, but don't you dare have a legal firearm! Kip

20. branson4020

branson4020 Forest Grove, OR Active Member

Because you are carrying in some place where it is specifically prohibited.