JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Oregon allows a $50 direct tax credit for political donation within Oregon. $100 for couples. You can donate to a politician who defends your rights, or to a political action group. Either way, you must donate before Dec 31. CAN ANYONE LIST THOSE STATE LEGISLATORS WHO ARE IN CLOSE RACES?

Already donated.

To be clear: a $50 single/$100 married donation costs you nothing. Money that would have gone to the government instead goes to people who might actually defend your rights.

Yes, agree. It isn't a "deduction" from taxable income. It is a direct reduction of $50 or $100 from your tax bill. The legislators (back when they really were legislators) said that would encourage participation in the political process. I agree. Donate to a political person who supports your right to defend yourself.

Well? Give me some good options, guys. I've got $50 burning a hole in Kate's pocket
I am looking now. Might have some answers tomorrow.
The Oregon State Legislature website names all of the GOP state senators and state reps. I can see their most recent election margin by entering their name into Ballotopedia. Some ran last time unopposed. Some won 60% to 40%. Others were very close and are at risk of falling to another Bloomberg or Steyer candidate like the guy in my district did. I am looking for those in close races where another $50 could matter. There are also state and local gun rights groups who qualify. Even your county GOP if they are pro-gun.
It's been a few months since I was here. There are some sharp people here. Some may have already posted some thoughts on the good ones.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top