JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Oregon allows a $50 direct tax credit for political donation within Oregon. $100 for couples. You can donate to a politician who defends your rights, or to a political action group. Either way, you must donate before Dec 31. CAN ANYONE LIST THOSE STATE LEGISLATORS WHO ARE IN CLOSE RACES?

Already donated.

To be clear: a $50 single/$100 married donation costs you nothing. Money that would have gone to the government instead goes to people who might actually defend your rights.

Yes, agree. It isn't a "deduction" from taxable income. It is a direct reduction of $50 or $100 from your tax bill. The legislators (back when they really were legislators) said that would encourage participation in the political process. I agree. Donate to a political person who supports your right to defend yourself.

Well? Give me some good options, guys. I've got $50 burning a hole in Kate's pocket
I am looking now. Might have some answers tomorrow.
The Oregon State Legislature website names all of the GOP state senators and state reps. I can see their most recent election margin by entering their name into Ballotopedia. Some ran last time unopposed. Some won 60% to 40%. Others were very close and are at risk of falling to another Bloomberg or Steyer candidate like the guy in my district did. I am looking for those in close races where another $50 could matter. There are also state and local gun rights groups who qualify. Even your county GOP if they are pro-gun.
It's been a few months since I was here. There are some sharp people here. Some may have already posted some thoughts on the good ones.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads