JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That M1A is sick. I was steady eyeballin' the SOCOM version with the Vltor rail...man I want one bad bad bad, but since I don't hunt and don't get to a range that allows .308 very often (read ever) I'm afraid I'd be droppin' a big chunk of change on something that would just sit in a guitar case. >8(

AA9627x.gif

thinking about grabbing up a hi-tech 40 cal carbine... and after that another xd40. and they a 22 semi auto pistol (i haven't figured out which one yet, and a 10/22, and then an ar15. and then , and then, and then, and then....:s0155::s0155::s0155:

have my eyeballs on an older (late 70's-80's) Browning FNH Hi Power 9, Comp model. A few of them lurking about, let's see if I can snag one.

Also thinking about the Ruger Mini 14 in .223

a ten bore shotgun, long barrel goose gun sort, cheap.....

and, high on the list, is a Browning BLR takedown, stainless, in something decent and fairly common.... .300 WSM, 7mm RM.... easy to portage/pack, decent power and accuracy, good rounds..... but those are dear.

then I think I'm done for a while, except if I have cash available and come across a screaming deal somewhere. Some of the finish prices on the online auctions are scary low... I've scored a couple, but had to cheer the victors on as I've watched some others come down. Oooooffff.....!!

That M1A is sick. I was steady eyeballin' the SOCOM version with the Vltor rail...man I want one bad bad bad, but since I don't hunt and don't get to a range that allows .308 very often (read ever) I'm afraid I'd be droppin' a big chunk of change on something that would just sit in a guitar case. >8(

AA9627x.gif

Naw, drive out to the hills and practice. Ranges are overrated, especially in the summer.

Those 5.7's are kinda fugly. But I've talked to a cat who has one and he digs it the most.

I shot my friend's FiveSeven and I am in love. I never shot a pistol that was so easy to make a tight group. Plus they hold 20rnds in the mag and for 20$ you can get the mag extension allowing for 30rounds and it doesn't stick out very far at all. Not to mention it has some serious pentrating power. You could carry an extended mag and hold a 20 round mag in the gun having 50rounds concealed easily and have 100yrd capability

Here's a link to a review on the FiveSeven
<broken link removed>

Mag extension
http://www.impactguns.com/store/CMMG57EXT.html

Yeah, I read good things about the ballistics, the high capacity is certainly very appealing and I've never heard or read a bad thing about 'em.

You thinkin' your gonna pick one up? CDNN had 'em in their catalog, I just called 'em and they sold out, but dude told me they were going for $880 and he said they'll be gettin 'em back in stock.

What kind of ammunition is available to the public for the five seven? With that said, what are the capabilities of the ammunition available to the public against body armor? I recall hearing about military ammunition being unavailable to the public, which is the only ammunition with significant penetration capabilities against soft armor.

What kind of ammunition is available to the public for the five seven? With that said, what are the capabilities of the ammunition available to the public against body armor? I recall hearing about military ammunition being unavailable to the public, which is the only ammunition with significant penetration capabilities against soft armor.

The SS196/197 is the most readily available ammo, but it is the Vmax tipped that has little penetration. But a regular civilian can find SS192 (HP) if you look around enough, FN won't sell it to civilians, but it is perfectly legal for civis to possess it. According to some sources SS192 is able to pierce level IIA vests, which is why there was an outrage from "the public", so FN restricted sales of SS192.

Yeah, I read good things about the ballistics, the high capacity is certainly very appealing and I've never heard or read a bad thing about 'em.

You thinkin' your gonna pick one up? CDNN had 'em in their catalog, I just called 'em and they sold out, but dude told me they were going for $880 and he said they'll be gettin 'em back in stock.

Oh man... why did y'all have to post pics of the other item high on my list of "wants". And $880 you say?? Most prices I have seen have been in the mid 900's to over a grand. :eek:

I'm for sure buying one as soon as I get my check around monday. Maybe sooner if I sell my spare AR at the gun show this weekend. I'll post up a few pics

The SS190 is the Mil spec stuff that penatrates metal Armor but any round you can buy for the Five Seven will turn Kevlar into swiss cheese from what I hear. They dont make a round that wont penatrate kevlar but they only make a couple rounds that penatrate armor. The AP rounds are available on gun broker. I saw some for around 500-600 a box of 50 rounds meanwhile you can get the regular FN made stuff from the local gun shop for 21$ or so per 50rounds.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=125190545

It's a seriously reliable, accurate, light weight, versatile weapon that deserves more recognition IMHO

GunCrafters in Salem,OR has 2 of them available at $990 a piece. Sportsman Warehouse had them a while back and was asking 1,000. I believe Barons Den in Eugene has 1 too. I cant find one on gunbroker for less than a grand so I'm buying one from guncrafters monday at the latest. Im also waiting on the response from the sherrif on my CHL, applied feb25th so I'm really anxious about this purchase

Couple more perks to know: They all come with 3 mags from the factory! That's really nice being they cost $50 each. Buy 3 mag extensions for 20$ each and your in like flin. The other being they have low-recoil which makes for excellent follow up shots/double taps. I'm in love...

Discount Gun sales has the SS192, here's the link: <broken link removed>

Yeah, $880. I just called them today. They're outta stock but he said they'll be gettin' more. Comes with 3-20rd mags. I've also only seen them in the 9's and up. In fact Discount Gun Sales has them for $1149, so...yeah, $880 is pretty nice.

Discount Gun sales has the SS192, here's the link: <broken link removed>

Yeah, $880. I just called them today. They're outta stock but he said they'll be gettin' more. Comes with 3-20rd mags. I've also only seen them in the 9's and up. In fact Discount Gun Sales has them for $1149, so...yeah, $880 is pretty nice.

Thanks for the link. I believe the SS192 is what GunCrafters has a couple thousand of for sale at $21 a box of 50

*just called Barons Den and he has 2 of them at $1039 apiece & won't price match...ouch

thinking about grabbing up a hi-tech 40 cal carbine... and after that another xd40. and they a 22 semi auto pistol (i haven't figured out which one yet, and a 10/22, and then an ar15. and then , and then, and then, and then....:s0155::s0155::s0155:
Before you go and buy a .22 auto pistol, PLEASE check out the Browning Buck Marks... many variations, barrel styles, lengths, materials, grip configurations, etc. They are one of the finest and most accurate such pistols out there, as well as durable. Besides that they LOOK great, classic styling on most of them.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top