JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My wife and I went to Cabela's today for the first time.. That NW Firearms gift certificate was burning a hole in my pocket, so I gave it to my wife and told her to pick out anything she wanted...After nearly an hour, she had picked out a scarf she liked... What can I say, now you know why we've been together for 50 years. That scarf hardly made a dent in the card, so I picked up a tin of Alliant #7 rifle powder, 4 fishing lures, a new belt and 2 large tins of nuts for this summer. An expensive place for sure, why I don't normally shop there. All in all though, thanks to NW Firearms, I was only out of pocket $7.06:)

Last Edited:
Only the one up in Lacy.

Not been down to the Newburg one.

I am a thrift shopper so they haven't really had anything I couldn't pass up. Nice place to touch and feel though.

Occasionally I hear of a messed up offer and someone getting a screaming deal on a rifle or something but I think you'd have to frequent the place to know about them and it's too far from my house to go hardly ever.

The Tualatin store is the only Cabela's I've been to. My only purchases from them have been online ammo purchases with free shipping/pickup at the store, which saves money on normal expensive shipping costs. It's a fun store to browse if you have some free time. Prior to 941, it was also a good meeting spot for, you know ;)

I like the Bargain Basement. Got a NIB CrimsonTrace LASER for 1/3 the price because it was missing a battery and the package had been opened. Found a battery elsewhere in the store and was good to go. I have to admit my loins twitch a bit like a wounded lizard when I walk thru the doors...honey, I'm home :D

I've done pretty good at the Springfield store in the past like Joe13 said, ^^^^, by going there quit a bit, bargain cave also, but you gotta be careful. Been to the Tualatin store twice, more stuff than the Springfield store but priced the same. Don't ignore the gun room, I've made a couple deals in there, like one where I bought the rifle for the scope, resold the rifle. Up front it seemed spendy but when you end up with a VX 3 6.5 x 20 for a couple hundred it works out.

I went to the Tualatin store for the first time Saturday. I was not that impressed. I have BiMart, Fishermans and Sportsmans Warehouse within 2 miles of me. If they don't have it, I will order online and not have to deal with the traffic or crowds.

I'm not a big fan of their pricing but in the firearms department their staff is very knowledgeable,more so than a lot of other sporting goods stores and more than some gun stores i've been to.

I like Cabelas for the most part but I like road trips too, we are over an hour away from the Springfield one so when we go we make a trip out of it, buy some ammo on sale, maybe a toy or too. And grab some vidlles, maybe hit some local gun shops and then head home. I like Cabelas because I know it sounds silly, but there is Bed bath an beyond, there is the GAp, and a hundred other box type stores. It a breath of America to have a GUN box store. Bass Pro is another favorite but we don't have them here but like them same reason. I do tend to buy other items online like mags,parts etc. But I am not sure it makes sense its just fun to go into a toy store for adults. Used to feel the same going to Sears and Kmart too where they had whole departments dedicated to firearms. Walmart does have some deals, but I have only bought ammo and two guns there. They have a wicked price on 7.62x39 for plinking that si not beat anywhere I could find unless I bought high volumes.

I like the Bargain Basement. Got a NIB CrimsonTrace LASER for 1/3 the price because it was missing a battery and the package had been opened. Found a battery elsewhere in the store and was good to go. I have to admit my loins twitch a bit like a wounded lizard when I walk thru the doors...honey, I'm home :D

Crimson trace has free batteries for life, you just have to call them and they will mail them to you.

The Tualatin store was a madhouse last weekend, I guess they had pretty good sales going although I didn't buy anything. There was a long line just to drive out of the parking lot. :eek: I found a way around the back for my escape.

I have bought a few things there but I mostly like to window shop, and take a look at the used rifles for sale. Their reloading section is a little thin.

I just bought a Calvin Elite @ $10 under list
at SWFA.com, they consistently under sell the competition
mqdefault.jpg
BTW those are not my fingers, I have pretty fingers;)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top