JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Have you been noticing more open carry in the last couple weeks?

• Yes, to the point I've noticed.

Votes: 15 10.1%
  • Maybe, seems like it, but not sure.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • No, not that I've seen.

Votes: 95 63.8%
  • I never see open carry here.

Votes: 34 22.8%
  • (burp!) Eh, wut wuz duh ques'n (gurgling sound) eh-gen?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Go big or go home...

gbgh.jpg

I see some open carry around vancouver often... maybe little more... one or two more a month?

half the time Im thinking to myself, hell yes! ........ the other half, seem more like liabilities and are not the face of gun culture I want out there..... but at least theyre out doing it I guess

I have been in Oregon for 18 yrs now. I have never seen anyone open carry anywhere.
My wife never notices them either. I see them around every so often, probably every few months. I saw a guy (very serious looking dude) at the gas station at the Salem Costco a while back, an older guy at Walmart a few months ago, and a shady looking guy walking down the street just the other day. My wife was with me most or all of these times and never noticed at all. I'd say "did you see the guy with the gun?", and she'd say "What guy?"

The oddest wast last year. I was coming home from work, sitting at a light, and noticed a homeless-looking guy, wearing a kilt, with several handguns on his belt. My teenage daughter is on some local group that posts interesting police calls, and when I got home she was talking about how there had been a police call earlier in the day about a guy in a kilt, walking around downtown with three handguns on his belt. I laughed and said "I saw him!" The call had been a couple hours before I saw him, so they must have determined that he was OK.

I have no interest in open carrying, myself (other than out in the woods). I don't want the attention, but as long as someone is not causing a problem I guess I have no problem with it.

Sometimes when it's hot out, my conceal halfway becomes an open? I carry IWB but when I take my shirt off or wear a tank, the top half is pretty visible. Started noticing my neighbor carrying a larger Glock in his back pocket. Then there was a dude at a junkyard with a hi point. I would say it's becoming more common than I'm used to but still infrequent. Since I never go into stores/banks anymore, and I imagine many others are the same, concealing is less of a concern.

I have noticed one or two open carry individuals since the Plandemic.

Notably, I saw a guy in his late 20's, early 30's open carrying a Sig type semi (I didn't want to stare or engage him) in a good OWB holster yesterday.

Only notable because 1.) The gun and holster looked so fresh I was expecting to see the price tag still hanging, and 2.) We were in a Fred Meyer, which purportedly does not allow such public displays National - X - no open carry policy

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top