JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Let's see. first fight. sucker punched by a school bully. got up, hit him across the back of his head with my skateboard, K.O. 2nd fight, pulled a guy out of his van and dusted him up for running me off the road on my motorcycle during rush hour, ( intentional act.), 3rd fight, defending my wife against 2 young foul mouthed punks at a water park. resulted in one broken jaw, (not mine), paid to fight by the USMC. (does that count?). 30 years of martial arts training helped some. Now too old to do anything but shoot them. Greydog.:s0114:

Yeah, been in a few scraps.

One of 'em a friend wrote a song about it:

Every morning at his office you could see him arrive

He stood six-foot-six and weighed two-forty-five

Kinda broad at the shoulder and narrow at the hip

Everybody knew you don’t give no lip to Big Jeff

Big Jeff
Big Jeff
Big Bad Jeff
Big Jeff

Nobody seemed to know why Jeff left The Dallas

Though he claimed it was to pursue a gal named Alice

He didn't say much, kinda quiet and shy

When he ever spoke at all he just asked “why??”.

Big Jeff
Big Jeff
Big Bad Jeff
Big Jeff

One day he was drinkin at a downtown bar,

when he got in a fight with a guy named Farr

and before you knowed it

with his huge right hand

he sent that Gresham fella to the Promised Land.

Big Jeff
Big Jeff
Big Bad Jeff
Big Jeff

Been in fights yes....

Bar fights, drunk fights, sober fights, back alley fights.. Won most lost some. Was never one of the "call you out after school" guys. Dad told me early, if that happens you punch them in the mouth right there and then without saying one word.. After a few times doing that I didnt have to fight nearly as much as alot of my friends did when I was younger.

I was always a fair sized dude... Actually knowing how, in addition to people knowing I WOULD helped to deter it from happening Id say.

The Toughest or most prepared guy doesnt always win... Despite what all the "tough" guys will say.

Today?? I do anything I can to stay out of that bubblegum... Carrying a gun will make you think about exactly how unnecessary it isd, and if you dont get it... You shure as **** shouldnt be carrying a gun.

If your temper is so bad that you are getting into fist fights with friends and family members I am glad you are not old enough to carry a gun.

Ouch, that was a little harsh but it (and most of the posts by the 40+ guys) does support the age laws regarding a variety of "adult activities" including carrying a firearm. Aaron admitted to behaving much like the rest of us at his age, perhaps with the exception of fighting his step-dad...and we don't know what that was all about. I think the voices of maturity who have commented are pretty united in that most of us who did fight as kids got most of it out of our systems by our late 20's. Many by their early 20's. The military, starting families, supporting ourselves, etc. did most of us a lot of good while we were in our 20's. Maturity takes time...and mistakes along the way. Most 18 year olds are just getting to the point of getting their emotions under some semblance of control and a sense of what the world is all about.

We (older guys) also admitted to learning a lot about fighting and temper control by fighting. We have also realized that controlling ones temper and overt aggressive behavior is a requirement of prudent concealed carry.

Not many young adults commented yet about their fighting history. Perhaps they don't want to admit to never having been in a fight, or they are too busy making a life that they don't read this kind of stuff :) We did hear from a father or two with young boys and I think the frustration of trying to raise a son or daughter in today's "PC" society must be great. While it has never been an easy task, it has to be a highly difficult time for young parents of traditional values. I also feel a little sorry for the young boys growing up during this time period. They will have a rude awakening at some point in their young adult lifes when they are first confronted by real danger/anger and don't have any experience dealing with it. More sheeple in the making if things don't change.

Ouch, that was a little harsh but it (and most of the posts by the 40+ guys) does support the age laws regarding a variety of "adult activities" including carrying a firearm. Aaron admitted to behaving much like the rest of us at his age, perhaps with the exception of fighting his step-dad...and we don't know what that was all about. I think the voices of maturity who have commented are pretty united in that most of us who did fight as kids got most of it out of our systems by our late 20's. Many by their early 20's. The military, starting families, supporting ourselves, etc. did most of us a lot of good while we were in our 20's. Maturity takes time...and mistakes along the way. Most 18 year olds are just getting to the point of getting their emotions under some semblance of control and a sense of what the world is all about.

We (older guys) also admitted to learning a lot about fighting and temper control by fighting. We have also realized that controlling ones temper and overt aggressive behavior is a requirement of prudent concealed carry.

Not many young adults commented yet about their fighting history. Perhaps they don't want to admit to never having been in a fight, or they are too busy making a life that they don't read this kind of stuff :) We did hear from a father or two with young boys and I think the frustration of trying to raise a son or daughter in today's "PC" society must be great. While it has never been an easy task, it has to be a highly difficult time for young parents of traditional values. I also feel a little sorry for the young boys growing up during this time period. They will have a rude awakening at some point in their young adult lifes when they are first confronted by real danger/anger and don't have any experience dealing with it. More sheeple in the making if things don't change.

Yes sir. I agree 100%. Pretty much everyone has their young and stupid days. I feel sorry for guys that don't because that is part of what makes us into the people we are. You look back fondly on those times and it is what gives us old guys something to talk about. lol.

That being said, young guys stay out of trouble. The stuff that was largely overlooked even when I was younger will leave you unable to get a chl when you get older and wiser. Be careful.

Oh, and it is VERY frusterating trying to raise a kid in the overly pc time period.

If your temper is so bad that you are getting into fist fights with friends and family members I am glad you are not old enough to carry a gun.

Ha your right.. I do need to work on that, but I will tell ya, the one with my step dad wasn't my fault... It twas in defense of my mom and sister.
Luckily I got things patched up with him, but I will always be willing to defend my family.

In your defense...

I had my step father call me out when I was about 14. He was a drunk, I ran away and called my dad..... My old man waited for that bubblegumer for 2 weeks and caught him one night... My pop is a baaaad man, thats all I got to say.

Tying to get bad with me for not eating my peas... LOL...

I am over forty, ex-military, and ex-LEO so I guess I do not count...but, I was raised very poor in a WV riverboat town. I had to fight a lot just to keep what was mine. Then when I got older I fought a whole lot (have a nice piece of surgical plastic in the bridge of my nose to show for it) due to the fact I had some repressed anger I took out on others. Being different growing up I felt very sorry for anyone that was picked on so I was always stepping in and intercepting a bullies attack on someone weaker.

My partner and his brothers have never been in a fist fight in their lives. Neither has my 19 year old nephew nor any of my employees.

He doesn't always drink beer.... But when he does, he prefers Dos Equis.

PBP.... The most interesting man on NWFA.:biglaugh:

PBP.... The most interesting man on NWFA.:biglaugh:

True that.

I'm 22 and fought a lot with one of my buddies growing up, but not "real" fights, just tussles. I had an older brother who was twice my size so I learned to use every advantage I could (fight dirty:p) I knocked my friend out with a length of rebar when we were in middle school, I don't remember why..
Other than that I only fought once, freshman in high school. I was following some hispanic wannabe gangsta through the hall imitating his swagger when he turned around and caught me. He shoved me back a couple times, I socked him in the gut, he shoved me to the ground and I kicked him where it counts :eek:. He collapsed on me :s0112: His friends pulled him off me and they all thought it was pretty funny that I had taken him down (I was 5'2" 100lbs, he was probably 180).
I think I've lived a pretty mellow suburban life for the most part, I know my dad and his cousins have a lot more stories than I do, growing up in a rural community in the 60s

I may be the ONLY one around who has not been in a fight.

Seriously. Never has the need arose for me to defend myself from a punch or throw one. Nothing gets settled that way...ever. (please note that this is not life threatening situations)...

I'm 28 years old 285lbs square in the shoulders and can look mean if need be. I guess that's why I've never had the opportunity.

I actually have a very short fuse and have seen red a couple times. My only fear is that if I were to get into a true fight that i wouldn't stop until one of two conditions were met: I was incapacitated or the somebody pulled me off.

If I was a teen in this day and age and fought as much as I did when I was in school they would have labeled me with some kind of personality disorder and pumped me full of happy pills. Fact is back then it was just normal to duke it out. I tuned out fine, good job, happy family with kids, never divorced, and no Rap Sheet.

I'll be 28 next month, and was in only a few fights as a kid (none of which I started), and nothing more than a shoving match since probably middle school.

I did hit a homeless guy with a bottle in New Orleans way back when I was in the army though. I was sitting at a stoplight with no one behind me and looking at a map trying to figure out how to get out of that part of town, and this dude walks up and starts to reach in my window. I didn't even notice him till I looked up and seen his hands a little ways from me so I grabbed the juice bottle I had between the seats and threw it at his face and drove off as fast as my ratty old cutlass would go. After wards, I felt kinda bad about it because I think he was probably just asking for change, but you're a fool to go sticking your hands in someone's vehicle like that.

I'd also like to comment to the OP that while he says he doesn't mean to "infer that young men are sissies", that's exactly what he's doing.

Unless it's self defense, fighting doesn't prove anything other than the fact that you're violent and have no self-control. It's not manly. It doesn't make you tough. It just makes you a thug as far as I'm concerned.

I've been in a lot of bad situations and a lot of bad places, and other than the bum bottle incident that I already mentioned, I haven't had to fight anyone as an adult, and while I'm a pretty small dude, I'm hardly a coward.

There were a lot of times when it was close to happening, but so far, everyone I thought I might have to fight either never threw a punch, or I walked away.

Things aren't like they used to be way back when either, when you could beat up people at school, in bars, etc, and not have to worry about any consequences other than whatever bumps and bruises you got. There's a lot more legal consequences now, and while I think our society is way to litigious about a lot of things, I'm glad that bullies and people who think punching someone is an intelligent way of solving problems have a better chance of going to jail, getting sued, or losing their job now. That kind of stupid crap shouldn't be celebrated, or even tolerated.

As conceal carry becomes more common, I would expect the number of people who's been in fights to drop even further, and I don't see any downside to that at all.

I'd also like to comment to the OP that while he says he doesn't mean to "infer that young men are sissies", that's exactly what he's doing.

Things aren't like they used to be way back when either, when you could beat up people at school, in bars, etc, and not have to worry about any consequences other than whatever bumps and bruises you got.

I think what you said in the second sentence is one reason why you might want to rethink what you said in the first one.

Yes I have been in a few fights. Hand to hand 3 times, a knife pulled against me, jumped by 2 black guys trying to rob me and a friend (not being racist just stating the facts), twice when I was drunk but don't remember it happening And lots of times trying to get out of wet paper bags! HEHE :p

A few more that never amounted to anything as in breaking up fights or scaring another person to shut up and calm down. Sometimes we do have to fight. I prefer to talk about it and agree to disagree if needed instead of throwing blows.

I will teach my children to fight and maybe learn some martial arts if they want to. I hope they will never have to get into a fight or need to defend them selves.

Last Edited:
So last night I was at the bar and a russian gang of at least 25 guys decided to step all up in my grill. So I went Jet Li on their arses, knocking out all of them with one punch each. Left the place looking like a slumber party with all of them sleeping on the floor. Yeah that's just another day in life for me.

So last night I was at the bar and a russian gang of at least 25 guys decided to step all up in my grill. So I went Jet Li on their arses, knocking out all of them with one punch each. Left the place looking like a slumber party with all of them sleeping on the floor. Yeah that's just another day in life for me.

UNSUBSCRIBE! The kimchee is getting a wee too thick and way to deep!

Hey! When you are done can you help me?..I'm stuck in a wet paper bag again! :s0103:

About 24 times as a young man and a few times as an adult. Won all but one of them and that was because it was a sneak attack and I was wearing winter biker clothing including heavy gauntlets. Was not hurt badly, I was 17

I never started one of them

I may be the ONLY one around who has not been in a fight.

Seriously. Never has the need arose for me to defend myself from a punch or throw one. Nothing gets settled that way...ever.

Disagree, most serious matters can be successfully settled with violence. That is the way of this world..

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top