JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
As I have done this several times, with out pulling my gun out. But with my hand at ready and on my gun, from Nevada to Portland it has kept me safe!

Just be sure not to BRANDISH AND IF YOU DO DRAW. AND ABORT THE ISSUE CALL 911 ASAP !!! And report the confertation as if they call you will be THE BAD GUY !!!!

Also watch ur SIX cuz trouble comes in TWOs , we were lucky my gal carries and had my back when it happened in Portland.... Man they vanished QUICK!!! Afterwards we called 911 we never lost our guns or Permits.

What's ur story?
REMEMBER .... WHEN SECONDS COUNT, HELP IS JUST MINUTES AWAY!!!!

Last Edited:
You can brandish all day long in Oregon, just do not point it at people.
You can also file off the serial numbers on your gun too, at least in my state of Missouri.

Sadly I know a family friend of ours who got caught up in the justice machine over brandishing a firearm in a road rage incident. It's probably ill-advised to brandish a firearm.

Quick update... I was a Former reserve deputy in NV and my other half on medical retirement from a mid valley Sheriffs Office.

So we do know how its read and treated in court.

Remember, WHEN SECONDS COUNT, HELP IS JUST MINUTES AWAY!!!

Twice.
Was staying with a girlfriend when an attempted burglary (and god knows what else he had in mind) occurred.

Attempted mugging late at night while another GF and I were out walking our big dogs.

Both of these incidents haunted me for months afterwards. I hope I never go through that again, but it was enough to tell me ALWAYS to carry and be prepared.

Deen_ad
And ur here today because of it.... Stay Safe

Last Edited:
Stopped a road rager from ramming my car years ago by pulling the gun from the glove box and makung sure he saw it. He took off cutting off 3 lanes of traffic on 217 to get away. Notified the cops afterward.

I had a situation where a firearm would of been nice to have handy. I remember I was cruising the strip in a modified MR2 Turbo. I had a license plate on it that was meant to be humorous jab at American car owners "URV8SX" usually most people laughed but sometimes people would take it as a personal attack. This guy pulled up next to me in his girl friends accord asking me about my car, how fast it was. I said it was good for a 12 second quarter mile and has about $10,000 under the engine lid (Not fast by most avid quartermile enthusiasts standards, but for a low income college kid, I was proud of the car). He then call it a POS, a toy, me a homosexual. He had his girlfriend keep driving up next to me so he could yell more insults at me. It was like that show boiling point that was popular at the time, I finally boiled over, I flipped him off and he continues to hurl insults with his girl friend making sure to keep very close to me so I can hear them. I then threw one single penny at his car and hit the gas. I did feel threatened at the time, but I didn't have a cellphone on me.

So I get to a stop light, and they pull up right behind me, girl gets out of the car and throws something at me. It's like she was shocked that someone would respond to all the obscenities and road raging they were doing and couldn't fathom that they might make someone mad. The boyfriend then gets out of the car and comes up to my driver's side window with his fist pulled back like he's about to clock me, oh and this guy was big he looked like Chuck Liddell. Light turns green, I revved the car up to the rev limiter and popped the clutch doing a drag launch on a public road, and then promptly make a U-Turn.

My guess is the guy was a violent criminal who was released from prison and was going around looking to pick on young kids in their Japanese cars or something. I look back on the incident, what I did wrong, what could of been improved upon. These days I generally ignore road ragers, but I now have at least a cell phone on me to call the police if they come off as very threatening or are following me just to yell at me. I think a firearm in the glovebox wouldn't be a bad idea as my state allows it.

As for American cars vs Japanese cars, based on that incident as well as several others I came to the conclusion that I really do like both Japanese and American Cars. I just hate American car owners as they are the most small minded, conceited smug group of people, who actually get violent over their love of a certain country of origin that a car's name brand is from. I don't think I've ever heard of any MR2 or Supra owners doing that to some guy in a mustang, but the American V8 crowd, I just find them so "stupid" for lack of a better term when it comes to talking about an appreciation for modified cars, that I don't think I'd ever want to be associated with them. It's not that I don't like American cars, its that I don't like their owners.

Hey MK
Great ya did it RRight!!!!! And I have to say.... Bad things happen to Good people EVERYDAY!

As for American cars vs Japanese cars, based on that incident as well as several others I came to the conclusion that I really do like both Japanese and American Cars. I just hate American car owners as they are the most small minded, conceited smug group of people, who actually get violent over their love of a certain country of origin that a car's name brand is from. I don't think I've ever heard of any MR2 or Supra owners doing that to some guy in a mustang, but the American V8 crowd, I just find them so "stupid" for lack of a better term when it comes to talking about an appreciation for modified cars, that I don't think I'd ever want to be associated with them. It's not that I don't like American cars, its that I don't like their owners.

I feel the same way, I enjoy all makes and models of cars, but I drive mostly Japanese cars. My old Civic has gone through so many stages, I went through a turbo LS stage that ran 11.4 in the quarter mile, and an N/A stage that was fun, but no torque. Anyway, I really do like the newer Mustangs and Corvettes and such, but the owners are such arrogant pricks, that's not the say there aren't any arrogant Honda owners either, people need to appreciate cars no matter what the make or model. My dad is a hardcore Chevy guy and I'm a hardcore Japanese guy, but we get along great, I have plenty of friends who prefer Jeeps or Mustangs or whatnot and we're friends, imagine that!

But to stay on topic, no I have never drawn my gun as a civilian and hope I never have to.

at least a few times. One night my Rottie started growling in the middle of the night and staring through the wall toward the driveway. I grabbed my commander and quietly went to the driveway to find 2 large lowlife there. I politely asked if there was anything I could help them with and one pipes up with " Um... is John here?" I said that no John lived here and they knew it or they wouldn't have parked 4 houses down and left their car doors open. One pulled a screwdriver at which time I pulled the commander to my side - I suggested that they leave and not come back unless they wanted the last ride to be in the meat wagon. they decided it was best to leave. The next day I went to leave for work and when I turned the key the starter fell out. They chose to risk their lives to steal a $30 starter for a 67 Mustang...

I just hate American car owners as they are the most small minded, conceited smug group of people, who actually get violent over their love of a certain country of origin that a car's name brand is from. I don't think I've ever heard of any MR2 or Supra owners doing that to some guy in a mustang, but the American V8 crowd, I just find them so "stupid" for lack of a better term when it comes to talking about an appreciation for modified cars, that I don't think I'd ever want to be associated with them. It's not that I don't like American cars, its that I don't like their owners.

Jesus. I drive a 2002 F150. You just said you hate me, that I'm small minded, conceited, smug, stupid, that you don't want to be associated with me, and that you don't like me.

Delightful!

Jesus. I drive a 2002 F150. You just said you hate me, that I'm small minded, conceited, smug, stupid, that you don't want to be associated with me, and that you don't like me.

Delightful!

Im more talking about modified cars, than ordinary American car's. You know like Camaro's, Mustang's, Trans Am's and Corvettes. Particularly the types of American car owners who use theirs for drag racing.

edit: Once I walked up to an LS1 Camaro owner, complimented him on his choice of car, told him I was thinking about buying a car with the same engine as his, an LS1 swapped FD RX-7. His first response to it was "Oh that car's garbage." I said is the engine really that bad? He said no, the chassis is made in Japan. I failed to see how country of origin the chassis is from affected the car. For one the FD RX-7 is lighter (and therefore would be faster mod for mod than his LS1 Camaro) handles better, and IMO looks better than the Camaro and is a much rarer chassis, and strictly from a driveability standpoint, probably gets better gas mileage too (I have to factor in gas mileage into my purchases of car's because I have always been by every definition a low income individual). The guy immediately shot me down just because I wanted a car with the exact same engine as his, but was japanese. I couldn't help but think the guy was a complete bubblegum when it came to cars and I quickly figured out exactly why I dislike Camaro owners.

On the other hand, my MR2 Turbo beat a few lightly modified LS1 Camaro's, I can say they were lightly modified because usually with minimal upgrades they run 12's and 11's very easily. I've gone up against enough LS1 powered F-Body's that had nitrous tanks in the back that I started to think GM was including nitrous bottles with them from the factory.

Once I met a reasonable Pontiac GTO owner, not sure if that counts though because technically his car was Australian with just a Pontiac badge on it.

My Mustang is specifically not for drag racing...Daily driver/Weekend Road course car. Built it my self.

No pictures of any guns I may or may not have, but here's my car:

2012-08-29105121.jpg

I can talk cars with you if you just don't automatically write off car's because they are japanese. Personally I'd like to get an 03-04 Cobra as far as Ford's go, for some reason I thought Saleen's were too "gawdy" but they nailed it with the 03-04 Mustang Cobra.

urv8sx.jpg

That was my old car, I'd love to get back into the hobby but I need to find a good source of income. I could of taken a better picture of it, those are some pizza cutter 245/45/17's on the back, and I had some meatier 255/50/16 BfGoodrich Drag radials on some 13lb per rim FD RX-7 rims specifically for drag racing. Once I drove for a week using one of my Drag radials as a spare since my street tire had gone flat. I took off a good 30% of the tread just driving normally on it.

The MR2 doesn't need super wide tire's like other cars built for drag racing because the engine sits on the wheels so it automatically gets better grip for launching than most FRWD car's just due to it's drivetrain layout.

Hey Swedish
Glad to read of ur encounter and very GLAD it ended the way it did. I hate scum like that..... You stopped it and the one with the screwdriver was a true THREAT and just glad he did not charge you.

But ya did it RIGHT not until he showed the means of killing you (weapon) did you show ur gun , ur car is not worth the AFTERMATH. Of a shooting But ur Life is,

You have to do a quick assement of the sitution and ONLY BRING IT OUT WHEN THE THREAT IS THERE.... Or it could escalate the sitution and make it undefendable in court.

Glad ur safe , and thanks for sharing.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top