JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I failed myself and both society in general. When I was in high school I had this great idea for a car security/alarm system company. It was a lethal car alarm, in that whoever was in the car trying to steal it or tamper with it, would trigger a deadly response from the vehicle itself. I had already planned out the motto of the company "Because your car is worth more than their lives..." however I didn't go through with it. I figure if they can put flamethrowers on the sides of cars, then you should be allowed to defend your car with lethal consequences when you aren't around it. Don't know if it would work in the states, but I'm sure some country would want the car security system's I had been thinking of.

Deadeye
I see like me its happened more that once, and with each encounter the sitution changes. Glad to hear ur gal is safe and you also.

I also carry a CS2 by Taser Int. As the sitution calls for I would use what I needed.... No problem with tasering someone that needs it better than the aftermath of a shooting .... But if he got pass being tased I would have no problem using Deadly Force, but would prefer to just watch him doing THE CHICKEN ON GROUND UNTIL THE LAW ARRIVES.

Take care and thanks for sharing.

Remember, WHEN SECONDS COUNT, HELP IS JUST MINUTES AWAY!!!

Great point, FXDC! A huge lesson for me was the need to escalate the response appropriately. If you carry only a gun, you can't do that. I now carry pepper spray as part of my EDC as well. I would FAR rather spray some moron than take his life! Hopefully, I'll never have to do either.

Why? It's a good use of a weapon and should be publicized to counter those that say guns have no useful purpose outside of killing people.

Deen_ad
Great reply!!!! And guess what with this thread ya can read of other REAL LIFE EXPERIANCES without reading THE ARMED CITIZEN section of ur NRA magazine.... I can only hope that with all those guns being sold the buyers are or going to become NRA member.

Also want to add I mentioned the CS2 by Taser International. ..... This is the same co. That makes the X26 strapped on all Law officers side. Pepper or Bear spar has it place but don't be down wind if ya can help it ..... The C2 shoots out 15 feet only that's shorter that the LEO model (they should of at least made it 7 yards, that's a justified shoot r . ange) I don't l know why they did it that way??? Anyway its cool after ya take one down for a NON STOP RIDE and his buddy goes to grab ya, just touch him with it and he going for a RIDE also 2 for the price of one... Now ya got TWO POS's ON THE GROUND DOING THE CHICKEN.

I forgot to say the ride is a non-stop 30 seconds and if they are still be JERKS hit the button again for another 30 and some say it feels like a lot longer! See their website for more info. Ad yes its registered to you.

One night my wife came into the bedroom and awakened me with the news that a guy was sitting in his car in our driveway. She said that she had stuck her head out and asked what he wanted three times and he had just stared at her. Now when I am abruptly awakened I am not a friend of mankind so I grabbed a 12ga pump and after a quick peek out the window threw the front door open (while remaining concealed behind the jamb) and racked it. Then I asked what the he was doing on my property scaring the heck out of my wife. Basically, his story was that he had just had a verbal altercation with a bunch of gang bangers and was hiding in my drive! I told him that I was absolutely positive that they were gone and he should be too and don't come back. I later reported it on the Police non emergency number. They took the license number and description of car and guy but I never heard any more about it.

Another time at our nearest little Asian grocery the owner got into a confrontation with a bunch of young people in the parking lot and a lot of racial slurs were flying from both sides! I was a little scared and I was only packing a little bitty Beretta .22! Since I liked the owner and had known him for many years I wrapped my hand around the toy beretta in my pocket, swallowed hard and went out to try calm the guy down. That wasn't going to well and I was just telling him that I was armed but I wouldn't intervene unless he came back into the store with me and locked the doors when a woman comes out of the house next door and pops a 12ga into the air! Well that worked perfect! We're alone the Police arrive and I pull my very sweaty hand out of my pocket. In the end the cops warned the lady that she had done wrong, don't do it again and left!

And last, since the thread has lapsed into MotorSport Magazine. My wife and I were waiting for a red light at 15th and Killingsworth st in NE PDX when a car pulls up to a house on the intersection and the driver opens fire at the house! I am proud to say that I got a great deal of comfort from my big American V-8 as I burned the light and rushed home! Reported it via 911 and the cops loved it! How many witnesses would know a '65 Chevy Bel-Aire from any other 25yr old junker! They came and picked me up so I could ID the car, they already had the guy!

Hey CoastRange
Thanks for ur reply..... And I must say I don't mind posting on the Net when I stopped a crime Against ME OR MY WIFE with my hand at ready.

And if I had used my Weapon to commit a crime I SURE AS HELL WOULD'NT POST IT ON THE INTERNET... But wait, if I recall its not a CRIME TO DEFEND YOURSELF if done RIGHT!

Would like to add for all of you reading this please consider after you and or your other half get a CHL , take a Weapon Retention class also and put an End to the ones that say.... WHY, THEY WILL JUST TAKE IT FROM YOU AND SHOOT YOU WITH IT.

Remember, WHEN SECONDS COUNT, HELP IS JUST MINUTES AWAY!!!

Why? It's a good use of a weapon and should be publicized to counter those that say guns have no useful purpose outside of killing people.

If you are ever involved in a situation where the DA or a defense attorney is involved in some type of after action process, you can be damn sure that they are going to find any and all posts you ever made on the internet about gun use, and that those posts are going to be used against you in the legal process. They could be used in determining premeditation, intent, training level, mind set or any other level of the mental aspect.

I have seen cases made based upon on Facebook, message board, MySpace posts. I agree that knowing what other people may have done is helpful in a training aspect, and for your own future reference, but posting specifics and " This is what I did" scenarios, is committing to the open internet your intermost thoughts about the self defense process. Face to face communications, what ever the hell that means anymore in the cyber world, are the most secure method for communicating tactics and methods, or maybe reading about them. Those conversations can be forgotten or denied a lot easier than the written word stored on a server somewhere.

That is strictly my opinion and what I would or would not do. You are completely entitled to your view and how it fits in your life.

CoastRange, you have made some valid points indeed, things that I believe we all need to think about. However let us look at the three instances that I have related above. In the first case, although annoyed, I showed my weapon but never pointed it at anyone, strictly port arms in my own doorway on my own property, and reported to the authorities.
In the second case never drew, never threatened. The woman who fired into the air was given a pass by the police.
Third case, no weapon involved but reported the incident to the police ASAP.
I think that I come across as a pretty level headed fellow certainly not a mad dog vigilantly! Also if the DA wants to go for it I have an excellent lawyer who is famous for tearing up prosecutors. Met him when he was a little bitty legal aid lawyer and now he is a big dog criminal lawyer! Again I think that we need to keep CoastRanges admonitions in mind before an incident as well as after!

Hey jammer,

Know what mean.... Head up, and aware!!!! Just as we tell our girls.

SHEEP, WOLF, OR SHEEPDOG.... The Choice Is Yours... What are You?

Yes once.
I was about 7, brother was 15, sister 11, neighbor kids all sorts of ages.
We were having a movies night while the parents were out to dinner.
Two thugs tried breaking into our house in Tigard.
Wrong house to screw with.
We all grabbed shotguns, rifles, and bats.
Chased there butts out of our garage, neiborhood, and area.
It was like red dawn.

Yes, many years ago in another State. BG was just starting to rob young woman.

I heard enough to know that (from her voice, pleading) I stepped around the corner into view, pulled my coat away from my CCW, and looked into his eyes, as he saw me appear.

Just like in the movies, BG left, I covered up and walked out, "Ho Hum, whats going on...." was told the weasel had followed her about eight blocks on foot... Very Small Town.... I took her home to meat my wife, provide safe night for her, then drove her 15 miles to where she lived... the time wasted with the BG kept her from hitchhiking home...

She only found out I was packing after meeting my wife & kids, as I usually took the holster off in the house!

Use of Weapon: even a "show it" is using it to me. It is step one of escalating Force.

edited out....

philip,
Boondocks on HWY 36

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show