JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I haven't read many sentences for poachers but seems to me this judge made sure that he/she did everthing they could in terms of making them pay for their arrogance and lack of hunter ethics.

Shane Donoho was sentenced to: 360 days in jail in four 90-day segments beginning on Oct. 1, 2011, through 2014; five years probation with strict guidelines; 400 hours of community service; forfeit of 14 seized firearms, meat and antlers; pay $42,000 in restitution to ODFW; and pay $3,200 in restitution to OSP.

Rory Donoho was sentenced to: 360 days in jail in four 90-day segments beginning Oct. 1, 2011, through 2014; five years probation; forfeit all seized firearms; pay $20,000 in restitution to ODFW; lifetime hunting license suspension.

Read more: Poaching suspects sentenced in Lane Circuit Court

THIS is exactly the kind of punishment that needs to be dealt when handling crimes of this magnitude, far to many times there is only a slap on the hands and a short suspension of privileges, this one had teeth. My hats off to the LEO's that followed this to the end. These thieves were not your "my freezers empty and the kids are starving" kind, they were thrill killers of the worst order, they killed for money. They stole from you and I without regard. We need more sentences such as this passed down, and more judges like this one! >>Catch the part that states the proceeds of the auctioned off weapons would be going to the common school funds?<< I love it!

Good to see a fitting punishment.

On a positive note, they're going to auction the seized firearms instead of destroying them.

oh poachers rifles on an auction?!! thats focus and aim stats +10points. Wheres the auction?

i wonder how many people recieved the game letter, or if they will get their license back

And the proceeds of that auction go to the common schools fund!?! Come on, I cant be the only one that See's the irony in this one? Jeanne Burdick at least has to have minor indigestion over that!

Think of the children, buy some guns.:s0112: Are you referring to militant, anti-gun politician, Ginny Burdick?

Where is that BKBOOO guy who said that animals are just property. Remember he is the one that advocated for those kids that killed over a 100 cats with a .22 for the fun of it.

He thought they should just get unlawful shooting of a firearm because animals are just property.

Those kids should get the same damn punishment and make them bury all road kill and fine them 10,000 dollars for each cat killed and love all firearm privledges for life and madtory therapy.

If it was up to me I would give them life and take all their property and donate to the preservation of wildlife.

good article................ Thumbs up to some judges..............

Where is that BKBOOO guy who said that animals are just property. Remember he is the one that advocated for those kids that killed over a 100 cats with a .22 for the fun of it.

He thought they should just get unlawful shooting of a firearm because animals are just property.

Those kids should get the same damn punishment and make them bury all road kill and fine them 10,000 dollars for each cat killed and love all firearm privledges for life and madtory therapy.

If it was up to me I would give them life and take all their property and donate to the preservation of wildlife.

good article................ Thumbs up to some judges..............

:s0114:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads