JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Has anyone here have issues decapping BLAZER BRASS...

Any other brass the primer is pushed all the way out during the stroke.

I have the decap pin out as far out as I can get it... all other brass the primer pops out with about 3/8 of an inch of stroke to go when raising the ram.

I ended up sorting out the Blazer so I can get back to my normal round per hr output.

Feed back please.

Primer pocket depth is way less than 3/8" so something's odd like the pin is pulling them back up into the pocket and fouling the machine.

9mm
With pin out as much as I can get it. The shell plate won' rotate .... cuz the primer is still in the case by about 30k.

It' crazy .... ALL other brass as I said primer is out and I still have .375 to raise the ram

Primer pocket depth is way less than 3/8" so something's odd like the pin is pulling them back up into the pocket and fouling the machine.

Betcha that' it.... Factory Blazer!

When I found a few with a gold .. not factory primer.... NO ISSUE!!!

Been using my press along time and have not seen this happen B4.

What it looks like... 20180107_121021.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe you lost .040 of your decapping pin? All I get different with Blazer is it's generally softer than some other handgun brass.

Last Edited:
ive seen this before. not necessarily with blazer brass but in general, ive had this happen. i am a single stage reloader at the moment. i usually just wiggle the brass while its still in the shell holder and the primer falls out, i think whats happening is the primer sticks to the pin and the pin pulls the primer back in the pocket on its way back down.

speaking of blazer brass ammo... ive always liked it before i started reloading. i am a noobie to the 45acp world now and just found out that blazer brass uses small pistol primers.... woulda been good to know before i threw 1000 spent cases in with about 3000 spent mixed 45acp cases.

got a lot of separating to do now. :(

Just dawned on me....what dies are you using? without looking, I think i could adjust the decapper down to the point the wide part would contact the flash hole? I looked, must be Lee dies and you lost the end of the pin.

ive seen this before. not necessarily with blazer brass but in general, ive had this happen. i am a single stage reloader at the moment. i usually just wiggle the brass while its still in the shell holder and the primer falls out, i think whats happening is the primer sticks to the pin and the pin pulls the primer back in the pocket on its way back down.

speaking of blazer brass ammo... ive always liked it before i started reloading. i am a noobie to the 45acp world now and just found out that blazer brass uses small pistol primers.... woulda been good to know before i threw 1000 spent cases in with about 3000 spent mixed 45acp cases.

got a lot of separating to do now. :(

Got the kids to do that... .when they were younger.
Damm I miss my little brass monkeys.
LOL

It's a RCBS piggyback manual indexing.
Also have a PRO 2000 auto indexing

Got done with 1k of 9mm.
Gonna change over to .380 and move on. 20180107_114401.jpg

Just dawned on me....what dies are you using? without looking, I think i could adjust the decapper down to the point the wide part would contact the flash hole? I looked, must be Lee dies and you lost the end of the pin.

Pin is ok... RCBS HEADED PINS.
But changed it out anyway and tighten the heck out of it.

Pin is ok... RCBS HEADED PINS.
But changed it out anyway and tighten the heck out of it.

All I have are Hornady and Lee, and there's plenty of adjustment to the decapping pin. I'm on an RCBS single stage though. Not familiar with what you're using. Hope you figure it out.

Shape/polish the de-capping pin end into a spherical shape, it is catching/sticking on the anvil in the primer.
If it still sticks after polishing it to a sphere, stone a slight taper/cone on the end down to about 1/2 it's diameter, then reshape the end spherical again.
Either of those should work...if not, never mind.
:confused:
Edit: chuck the pin in a drill for the stoning polishing.

Last Edited:
All I know is 45 acp Blazer brass is banned at my place. When loading 45 acp on a progressive it's an annoyance encountering one of those small primer brass when you're chugging along. Messes everything up, they de-cap but don't prime. I sort them out before hand now but I have a bucket of cleaned brass w/a few in it. Federal and someone else has some small primer 45 out as well. If I had all SP 45 brass it would be great but I have thousands of LP and only a couple handfuls of SP.

Other than that never had any issue w/Blazer brass in 9 and 40.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top