JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
@ Mark - Um, this is national. If you run a small business, or a big one for that matter, in Oregon, or anywhere else USA, and sell ship on internet, you will have to collect sales tax and pay it to the Government.
Every State, County, City, Special Tax Districts and possibly some others - You'll need to get a computer to do just that and then comes the challenge of getting the proper forms filled in. How will all those mom & pop eBay shops comply?
This is a boon for the Big Boys: Target. Sears -K-Mart. WalMart. They have the computers, accountants and lawyers to comply.

From Senator Merkley -
"Thank you for contacting me to share your views regarding the Marketplace Fairness Act of 2013. I appreciate hearing from you on this issue.

Like you, I oppose the Marketplace Fairness Act because it would impose an unreasonable burden on Oregon businesses. This legislation would require Oregon small businesses selling online to calculate and make payments to 45 other states – and potentially hundreds of local governments – that collect sales taxes, each of which has its own rules. Since Oregon does not have a sales tax, compliance with this complicated system would create the potential for significant bureaucratic headaches for Oregon small businesses. Our small business owners could even be audited by other states, facing summons in state tax courts across the country. Oregon small businesses are already working hard during these tough economic times, and do not need the burden of collecting other states' sales taxes.

I believe decisions regarding sales tax should remain under the state's domain. The state of Oregon has decided not to have a sales tax, and so I do not support the imposition of an online sales tax that turns Oregon businesses into tax collectors for other states. In short, the Marketplace Fairness Act fails to respect Oregon values.

Please know that I oppose this bill and will continue advocating for policies that promote economic growth in Oregon. Thank you, again, for your input. I hope you will continue to send me your thoughts and ideas."

The bill has passed the Senate - so if you oppose it, as I do, contact your Representative.

Looks like this would be a Federal Sales Tax in Internet sales! Way to kill the internet business. Pay for shipping and then a Sales Tax and it would be cheaper to buy locally or even drive 50 miles to buy in a tax free State!

The Senate is full of Morons!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads