JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am pretty sure 1 1/2 years ago is not living in the past. o_O

FIFY.

Factory new brass FMJ 9mm(115gr) could be had for as cheap as .16 cpr, but the avg. going rate(for 124gr and 147gr FMJ) was around .19 cpr as recent as late 2019.

$18.99 per 100 rds.

$34.99 (while seemingly reasonable(?) in the current climate, I guess/wouldn't know)... It is still an 84% increase from what I would call around 'normal-price'.

Oh great, now rabbits are carrying shotguns! No wonder I can't find any shells locally! Next, I'll have to get a chicken club because I couldn't hit a dove with a whole box!

Not sure if this is a thread about patience or just bragging. :mad:
I think shopping is one variant of sublimated hunting and gathering drives. And sharing the kill or the info about how you did the kill is an essential part of it.

If rabbits carried shotguns dogs wouldn't mess with them (for long).
My family had a beagle that was so keen on rabbits if they started carrying shotguns he would too, I'm sure. He was from field champion Georgian rabbit running stock, small so as to be able to run fast under the brambles. He got so good by middle age he started catching the rabbits and bringing them home, human hunter companion no longer needed. That's when a farmer neighbor who had a beagle pack came over and mentioned our dog was hanging around his kennel. No, no, our dog wasn't bothering him and he didn't mind his hanging around. However, he had noticed that our dog not only was great at chasing rabbits, he caught them. "Ohh, yeah, we said. "He got tired of just chasing 'em. He normally catches them and brings them home." So the farmer asked about our dogs background. In subsequent years the pups that farmer raised all seemed to bear a striking resemblance to our beagle....

Sorry if you don't appreciate my thread you didn't have to comment you know. The whole point of the post was to let people know they don't have to pay $40+ per box of 50 rounds of 9MM if they have a little patience that was it!!!!! I NEVER said it was an amazing price or anything like that I did say it was CLOSE TO NORMAL as in more normal than 40 for 50

Sorry if you don't appreciate my thread you didn't have to comment you know.

Oh, that's just the nature of this forum. No matter what you post, eventually somebody will start sniping at it.

Your find may have been as much about luck as improvement in availability. Up here anyway, a fellow can stop in at Sportsman's Warehouse several times a day and hit nothing for days on end. And I'm not willing to hang around the store from nine 'til nine, every day, just waiting in the hope of something coming out on the shelves. Fortunately, my supplies are adequate for the time being and I don't have to. But I think this thing feeds on itself. The resellers notwithstanding, likely some people are driving around for miles, waiting in lines, pining away for stuff the don't need but are hungering for because it's in short supply.

One thing I'll never do for gun stuff. Go to a store before it opens, wait in a line for opening time, to see if they MIGHT have some scarce thing.

As to the resellers. Think about this another way. Unless they have a pal who works in the business, they have some investment in what they are reselling. They have to drive around, wait in lines, etc. So what they are getting isn't pure profit. If they are doing it within the law, they have another investment in time going to the UPS hub to ship it.

It's interesting that Sportsman's Warehouse is still selling primers at $30.99 a brick when Midway has gone to $75 for the same thing as a regular price.

I have new respect for the lowly primer. Used to be, when primers cost $12 a brick, or even $30 a brick, if I dropped one on the floor, I wouldn't look for it very long. I'd think, "It's only worth a penny" or "It's only three cents lost."

Sorry if you don't appreciate my thread you didn't have to comment you know. The whole point of the post was to let people know they don't have to pay $40+ per box of 50 rounds of 9MM if they have a little patience that was it!!!!! I NEVER said it was an amazing price or anything like that I did say it was CLOSE TO NORMAL as in more normal than 40 for 50
Don't mind me. Just envious that is all. This dry spell is affecting my usual rimfire consumption.

Crisis buying when we already may have enough. Human nature.
Say that you want to relax in your fave chair and watch TV. But let someone build a cage around you and suddenly TV is forgotten and you want to bust out.

Good meme worth reposting:
002FCEA0-165D-4FCE-9410-AD0DEC3F9F75.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top