JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have settled on my carry rotation now. After trying a few different guns I have settle on two guns for the cooler months.

On days when I am wearing heavy cover garment like a hoodie or sweater I will carry my Springfield Armory XD-40 subcompact. It conceals very nicely and comfortably inside a Galco IWB Stow-N-Go holster. Plus, with 10 rounds of .40S&W at hand I feel well protected. I did add a grip extender to it for comfort.

When I am wearing lighter clothes such as an untucked dress shirt or polo shirt I will carry my Kahr PM40 in the same manner and holster model. It only holds 6 rounds of .40S&W but I am very secure with that number. It is also the easiest to carry gun I have ever experienced outside of my Seecamp.

Sorry for the poor quality pic. I had to take it at work with no tripod. :(

EDCrotation.jpg

XD-40 in Galco holster...
XDcarry.jpg

PM40 is Galco holster...
PM40carry.jpg

does that clip on ur belt or slide on? and do you have a link to that holster i like it but ur a skinnier guy so i dont know if it would work for me.
Does anyone know is there anywere that sells alot of different kinds and will let you try them out for a sec in the store?

does that clip on ur belt or slide on? and do you have a link to that holster i like it but ur a skinnier guy so i dont know if it would work for me.
Does anyone know is there anywere that sells alot of different kinds and will let you try them out for a sec in the store?
It just clips on. It is so easy to put on and take off. You can see the detailes here...Glaco Stow-N-Go.

I bought these at Keith's. He seems to have the best holster selection in town.

I know...I absolutely hate Keith's and would never buy a gun there (I actually left there after buying the holster and drove all the way to Clackamas to spend $10 more to order a gun they had in stock at Keith's), but he is the only one near me with holsters. Luckily when buying a holster I do not have to deal with the staff.

Although even buying the holster was a bit trying, but that is another story.

I know...I absolutely hate Keith's and would never buy a gun there (I actually left there after buying the holster and drove all the way to Clackamas to spend $10 more on a gun they had in stock), but he is the only one near me with holsters. Luckily when buying a holster I do not have to deal with the staff.

Although even buying the holster was a bit trying, but that is another story.

sorry for the hijack but when I was buying an uncle mikes IWB holster for my sig p6 I had a while ago I asked a Keith's sales clerk if I could see one of the used p6's they had in the case to check for fit. You would have thought I asked the guy to give me his kidney!

sorry for the hijack but when I was buying an uncle mikes IWB holster for my sig p6 I had a while ago I asked a Keith's sales clerk if I could see one of the used p6's they had in the case to check for fit. You would have thought I asked the guy to give me his kidney!
When I bought my XD holster I realized shortly after leaving that I had grabbed a left handed holster by mistake. I decided to go back and exchange it right away because I decided to also pick up another holster and an instructors belt I had seen there. I walk into the store and go up to the young, thin, dark haired guy that sold me the holster and said "I grabbed the left handed one by mistake. I need to exchange it and pick up a couple more things." He said "No problem."

As I was grabbing the right holster and the belt the shorter, buzz cut, heavyset, reddish haired guy came over and asked what was going on. The younger guy told him I was exchanging one holster and buying a couple other things. The buzzcut guy looked at me and said "why are you exchanging this? Do you have a receipt?" Tehn the younger kid says "He just bought it from me less than an hour ago." This was not enough for buzzcut. He then asked me to produce my receipt and stood staring at it for a good minute as if he was trying to find some reason to not do the exchange. Then he finally says "I guess so." and waddles off. Talk about great customer service.

I think your funny Playboy but I like you. Those guns are very similar in size and they would honestly both be summer guns for me but as they say to each their own. :s0155:
I would never call these guns "similar in size." The XD is almost twice the volume of (approx 1.8x) and weighs 75% more than the PM40. Plus the XD holds over half again more rounds. Hardly close in my opinion. :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top