JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
First, let me say that I am not selling any of these guns here. These are valuations I have made for a widow that she will use as a basis for selling them on her own.

I am not selling these guns.

I would, however, like the community's opinion as to whether I have valued the guns correctly.

Any advice or suggestions as to where the best place to sell these guns in Washington State would be welcome.

Note: the image is large so it may take a few seconds to load. If you see only a small image in your browser, click on the image and it will enlarge to full size.

<broken link removed>

The values noted look appropriate and retail level to me. If she is expecting to get retail price, then the only recourse is to list on the various websites and meet with prospective buyers. If the firearms are to be sold as a lot, a dealer such as Cabelas or a smaller shop would probably make an offer for all. However, dealers won't pay retail for any of the pieces.

The nagant revolver is a little on the high side. From the ones i have seen sold and talking to my uncle about them in the past they go from 150 to 250 depending on the condition.

That argentine would top out at $400-450
Same with the PD. No collector value in those
That Python may be low right now.Some are upwards of $1800
Not sure the M29s are up that high though.

The Ruger 22 Mark 1 is high by a bunch, more like ~$225-250.
The S&W .38 Special is a little high, unless there is something remarkably collectable, those go ~$300-350
The Star .45 seems a bit high from what I saw them going for, but not by much.

THe S&W Model 29 .44 Magnum is WAAAAY overpriced. Even in mint condition they are going for ~1200. I recently picked one up for $800 and it came with laser grips.

Those are the ones I saw that looked unreasonable. Best bet is to list them all here and at gunbroker and sell them 1 at a time.

On the guns I know on there- your prices are a little high, but in my opinion appropriate for starting asking prices. The only one I'm not sure is the Luger- make sure to do research and make sure you aren't selling a $3K version for too little, or vice versa.

If the first one is an astra 600 you probably wouldn't get more than $300-$325 since those aren't the original grips. If it's an astra 400, it's worth even less.

Black powder handguns are usually pretty difficult to sell, and some of those looked $25-$100 overpriced to me.

If that M29 is a factory 5", I know they're pretty rare and worth more than the longer barreled .44s, but not when it's wearing some ugly homemade grips.

If that's the original grips and mag on the luger, that's probably a reasonable price. If not, then the value on that one is high too.

If the person who's selling them isn't going to sell them on gunbroker, then they may as well sell them here or on some other gun forum because gun shops, pawn shops, etc aren't going to pay anything close to the values you put on them.

As a lot sale to a broker or pawn shop I'd expect maybe 50% of retail. Sell them at online auction or here in the classifieds. If you list them here on this site you can do FTF sales and save a lot of hassles.

S&W 29 has a 6" barrel in the picture, not a 5". Revolver barrels are measured from the forcing cone to the muzzle, not the frame to the muzzle. Common mistake and yes... that price is more than twice what is reasonable for that gun.

Here is a picture of my 6" 629 (which I paid $650 for about 2 years ago) that shows how some people confuse 6" for 5" barrels.
2012-07-08_14-42-14_935.jpg

Take a look at the other side of the argentine.
If it is marked Aeronautica(Air Force), price will be $500-$700 depends on condition, import marked, matching numbers.

If it is marked Armada Nacional(Navy), price will be $500-$900 depends on condition, import marked, matching numbers.

Ejercito Argentino is most common, $400-$600 depends on condition, import marked, matching numbers.

I have a few of these, and they make a great platform for custom builds.

Wow! Great response. Thank you everyone. There was some great information there. I think I will recommend she sell them on this board.

Does anyone have a link or information on any special information I am going to need. I've only bought guns before, never sold them. Do I need to document the transactions?

Some people like to complete simple bills of sale when they do a face to face transaction. This might include things like make, model, serial number, buyer and seller's names, and maybe contact information, although some will be unwilling to include that. As for my take on the values most recently listed in the link.

I think the Astra is about $50 overpriced. I think the Ruger .22 is about right at $250, although $275 wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility. I think the Python might be overpriced a bit. I would value it closer to $1500, especially with no box or grips. No clue on the Belgian, but I would be surprised with a value of over $150 to $200. The S&W appears to be a Model 10 or pre-Model 10. I would put the value at around $350. Argentine seems to be about right. CZ52 is about right. Luger might be a hair high, but the price is certainly reasonable. Colt New Frontier is probably okay at $450. The Star is way high, I would probably value it close to $350. The Webley and Bulldog look about right. The Nagant revolver is way high. Should be closer to $200 to $250 in my opinion. The S&W .44 is also a bit high. Looks like non-original grips. I would probably put it closer to $900 to $1000. The black powder stuff is not in my wheelhouse, but the market seems soft for them right now.

Hope that helps...

If you sell them on this site in the classifieds, the custom is to meet at some neutral public place and show drivers' licenses to prove state residency. If the buyer has a concealed handgun license to show you it pretty well says you're not selling to a felon or other disqualified person, but there is no background check required on a face to face transaction and no record keeping required. I would give the buyer a bill of sale if requested, but no paperwork is necessary.

If you sell to an out of state buyer then it needs to go through a licensed dealer at least on the buyer's end, if not both ends. You cannot transfer directly to them. That would include a fee for a background check plus handling.

I'm amazed at the level of help I've received on this board. She has decided to use this board to post these for sale. I'm going to take detailed pics and list them individually. I will likely have it done by next week.

The .38 special, bulldog, ruger .22, and maybe the python will probably be gone by the time I put them up. Otherwise, I think the rest will still be available.

On another note, this lady has lots of ammo too. Is that legal to sell as well? Is that something I could just take to pawn shop. I haven't seen any of it, but I would guess it to be between 5 to 20 years old and would accommodate the lot of pistols listed along with a lot of rifles that I haven't even started on.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top