JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was told by Oregon Rifleworks that the new Wa laws had not changed the way they do business with Oregon residents.
Best,
Gary

I was told by Oregon Rifleworks that the new Wa laws had not changed the way they do business with Oregon residents.
Best,
Gary
I was told the same by another FFL in Oregon. But my regular FFL said he wasn't going to do transfers of semi-autos to WA residents any more for fear of Feds yanking his license. It seems that there isn't a clear cut answer to this situation so many FFL's are erring on side of caution.

Last Edited:
I would assume an FFL & private party would have to honor the laws of the state that the purchaser is a resident of, as well as federal law, along with the FFLs/private party sellers own state laws.

I'd imagine that there is allready horse manure piles of legalese written in regards to similar such.

ie a California resident or an Chicago area resident attempting to purchase whatever whilst traveling here in Oregon (pick any prohibitive area or state for the traveler to be a resident of).

Or, in particular, that same traveler in a state where background checks are not required...since 1968.

What a big pile of steaming cow patties! We can drive in any state with a privilege card...

IIRC....

I was in Bi-Mart (the other week) and saw a sign about that.

They no longer sell rifles to WA residents. I was gonna ask if that applied to the bolt guns too. But, decided that it would be pointless.

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads