JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This gun is very old I cant find exact price. The antique roadshow appraised this gun at $2000 they also said the maker was Goetz? What is this gun worth and where beside here would you sell this antique gun. Is there a market? Thanks for all your input.

Most of the value depends on the condition, caliber and the maker. What kind of shape is the bluing/metal,stock,bores, does everything mechanical function as it should are there any parts missing? Has anything been refinished/modified? Find out the caliber of the unknown bore and the maker are there any names or hallmarks or the rifle? If the chamber of the rifle barrel is for a different caliber then what most of those old cape guns are it may be worth a bit more. If the appraisal was correct at $2000 I would think realistically if you sold it on here it shold be in the $1200-1500 range, an auction but that could lead to disappointment, Guns International/Gunbroker or cabelas. Be prepared to pay some commision rate$ unless you sell it yourself.

Most of the value depends on the condition, caliber and the maker. What kind of shape is the bluing/metal,stock,bores, does everything mechanical function as it should are there any parts missing? Has anything been refinished/modified? Find out the caliber of the unknown bore and the maker are there any names or hallmarks or the rifle? If the chamber of the rifle barrel is for a different caliber then what most of those old cape guns are it may be worth a bit more. If the appraisal was correct at $2000 I would think realistically if you sold it on here it shold be in the $1200-1500 range, an auction but that could lead to disappointment, Guns International/Gunbroker or cabelas. Be prepared to pay some commision rate$ unless you sell it yourself.

Thanks for your response! I am going to try to get this bad boy sold. Its made by a gun maker I can't find anything on"Goetz".

Your firearm is called a hammer cape gun, made by H. Gotz & Co Berlin. 16 gauge in one barrel and probably 43 Mauser in the rifle barrel.

Another example can be seen here:

Hammer Combination Gun I Bought Today - The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com

Here's another example:

Collector Guns For Sale.....Serious Inquiries Only! | Facebook

Here is a higher quality one than yours that sold for $1100

Gold Inlaid and Engraved H. Gotz Berlin Side by Side Damascus Hammer Shotgun

Another gold engraved on of higher quality, sold for $1200

Gold Inlaid and Engraved H. Gotz Berlin Side by Side Damascus Hammer Shotgun

Another, similar grade to yours. Estimated value $600-$800

H. Gotz German Shotgun, 19th C. : Lot 448

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show