JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Unfortunately I chose not to destroy my new bag, although it would be nice to know what it would really take to get it open. Just by looking at it I would say the cable and closure that closes it and secures it to things would have to be cut with cable/lock cutters. As for the bag itself it is a very tough nylon that by itself would be hard to cut with a knife. Then it has the Exomesh reinforcement witch I would say would require some type of wire snips at minimum to cut. The problem is I think you would have to cut through several of the smaller cables to get what's inside the bag out. I think the easiest way to go would be to cut the main cable with a cable/lock cutter. Like most security products, if they are prepared and want it bad enough they are going to get it, but for your average opportunist looking for a quick score I would say it's staying put.

I have one for my truck as well but I mounted it on server rails so that I can slide it from under the seat.

Mounted on server rails? REally?

Can I see?

:s0122:
(well, not worthless, but I would LOVE to see it!)

I have a friend who wants to know if anybody has a pull-out drawer setup a'la Jack Bauer (24) - he wants one for his Ford Escape :s0112:

My car has a pull-out drawer that came with the center console, comes straight out toward the heater vent and is a perfect place to store a small gun such as a J-Frame.

I am not familiar with the "Bauer" setup.

Thanks for the review, sounds like a bare-handed individual would be out of luck.

Unfortunately I chose not to destroy my new bag, although it would be nice to know what it would really take to get it open. Just by looking at it I would say the cable and closure that closes it and secures it to things would have to be cut with cable/lock cutters. As for the bag itself it is a very tough nylon that by itself would be hard to cut with a knife. Then it has the Exomesh reinforcement witch I would say would require some type of wire snips at minimum to cut. The problem is I think you would have to cut through several of the smaller cables to get what's inside the bag out. I think the easiest way to go would be to cut the main cable with a cable/lock cutter. Like most security products, if they are prepared and want it bad enough they are going to get it, but for your average opportunist looking for a quick score I would say it's staying put.

Mounted on server rails? REally?

Can I see?

:s0122:
(well, not worthless, but I would LOVE to see it!)

I have a friend who wants to know if anybody has a pull-out drawer setup a'la Jack Bauer (24) - he wants one for his Ford Escape :s0112:

Check for my post at the end of page 2. I posted a pic of a pull out drawer I built for a friends car. He can store all sorts of stuff and it has a custom latching mechanism in it(sorry can't show anyone at his request). The drawer is attached to the sub enclosure under the rear package tray. Keep in mind this is unfinished but I completely boxed in the drawer, reinforced it and lined it with custom cut foam.

We have a full wood/PaperStone working shop that I can build anything your heart desires in! Feel free to contact me with some ideas and I would be happy to build something to fit his needs.

My next SUV will have a gun locker in the back, built into the floor just like Jack has! It is the ultimate for security and a great place to keep items out of view.

Here's another pic for ya!

Mike- 206.790.0835

IMG_6110-3.jpg

We have a full wood/PaperStone working shop that I can build anything your heart desires in! Feel free to contact me with some ideas and I would be happy to build something to fit his needs.

My next SUV will have a gun locker in the back, built into the floor just like Jack has! It is the ultimate for security and a great place to keep items out of view.

Awesome Mike! I actually have had two ideas I've been toying with.

One is a safe bolted where the spare goes - in the trunk of my sedan - the other is to put a gun rack under the rear deck in the trunk - where speakers are usually mounted.

Anybody have experience with either of these setups?

Granted they're not for a fast access situation, but would make a convenient way to have semi-access and a secure way to have my favorites available.

A safe bolted where the spare goes - in the trunk of my sedan - the other is to put a gun rack under the rear deck in the trunk - where speakers are usually mounted.

Anybody have experience with either of these setups?

Granted they're not for a fast access situation, but would make a convenient way to have semi-access and a secure way to have my favorites available.

Sure do! Have done several of these set ups. All depends on what car you have, what size gun(s) you'd like to use and what else you require storage wise.

Let me know when you'd like to come down to the shop and talk projects! You're welcome anytime! That goes for everyone here!

Mike

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads