Have a safe way to store your gun in your vehicle?

Reactions
Does anyone else store a handgun or rifle in their vehicle? Do you have a means of securing the firearm?

I wanted something in the truck so I could keep a gun in there as part of my survival pack. This is a pack of all the gear I would need if every trapped away from home overnight by a natural disaster or just getting lost in the woods.

I knew nothing is 100% secure but I wanted something that would defeat all but the most dedicated and equipped thief. Something that would deter the common criminal.

I found one of those "drawer safes" on sale at GI Joe's and it was a perfect fit for the space.

I installed it right behind the armrest between the seats. With the armrest up it is impossible to see but with the armrest down it is easily accessible from the drivers seat. Even with the armrest down it is very hard to see from outside the truck. It is very securely bolted to the carriage of the truck so it is not going anywhere either.

The added bonus is it keeps my tool bag from sliding around on tight corners.

I then went and bought some moisture resistant foam and made an insert to hold my XD-45acp securely in place while driving.

TS1.jpg

TS2.jpg

TS4.jpg

Reactions
Looks great, and its better than the glove box, I have to keep my carry piece in the glove box of my car when I am at work. I wish there was something like this for use in a sedan other than mounting it in the trunk.

Weebs

Reactions
Is the drawer safe secured in anyway? Or could a person just take the safe with them? I'm looking into options like this for my vehicle while I'm at work. No guns allowed inside the office so I have to leave mine in my car.

OP
PlayboyPenguin
Reactions
Is the drawer safe secured in anyway? Or could a person just take the safe with them? I'm looking into options like this for my vehicle while I'm at work. No guns allowed inside the office so I have to leave mine in my car.
It is very securely bolted to the the main support frame of the truck through the floorboards. Four 8" bolts connected with steel brackets hold it to the frame.

Reactions
Looks great, and its better than the glove box, I have to keep my carry piece in the glove box of my car when I am at work. I wish there was something like this for use in a sedan other than mounting it in the trunk.
I have a small car and use a small locking box, just big enough to fit a pistol in and a cable lock designed for motorcycles/ ATV's. It's not perfect but it's a lot better than my glove box. I got the lock box from cabela's.

Reactions
Really you could even just run a cable lock or coated cable and pad lock up the magazine well and out the ejection port or through the frame of a revolver and attach both ends to your seat frame. You'd have to use a smaller cable but it's better than nothing.

Reactions
I just picked up one of the pacsafe bags that let you run a cable to something solid similar to the center-of-mass lock boxes. Except that it is flexible and more compact, so that you can stuff it into smaller spaces.

<broken link removed>

Reactions
I built this for a friends car a while back. Can't show it completed and installed, sorry. Bolts to the subwoofer enclosure which is attached to the rear package tray. It is on drawer slides and will hold an AR pistol or SBR plus a BUNCH of ammo and magazines or a pistol, some ammo, mags and other safety, security items.

Has a lock I can't discuss in his but, I would be more than willing to design and/or custom build one for anyone who would like me to! I made this out of plywood to keep weight down but could use metal, mdf or some other material of choice.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder - Pistol/Rifle Combo
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder - Pistol/Rifle Combo
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Good local shop
    Picked up a rifle yesterday from J&B. This was the second or third gun purchase over the last few years from them. I always enjoy stopping by...
  • H&K Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    The only place I have found 9mm in stock
    I’ll admit I didn’t even know this place existed, as I don’t tend to go into Forest Grove often. But it’s a giant (looks bigger from the...
  • Revelation Arms
    4.00 star(s)
    Depends who answers the phone
    I was given the number to Roger Loock by Beaver Creek Armory, as I needed parts I had ordered from MCarbo installed on a Kel-Tec Sub2000. On my...
  • Coastal Farm & Ranch - Cornelius
    3.00 star(s)
    Lesson learned
    I’ll take some responsibility here, as I took the employee at their word instead of doing a thorough inspection. Short story is that I asked for a...
  • MK Tactical
    5.00 star(s)
    Good guys!
    I stop in here every once in a while to see what Michael has in the clearance section, and to ask questions when I have a project in mind...
Top Bottom