JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am a fairly new member, and I'm confused about something. When I post a wtt/wts is that telling people that I'm just looking for something new and will accept something straight across fair market value for fair market value? I have posted a couple guns that I would rather sell, but will accept trades on, and gotten some pretty sour responses when I turn people down. I don't really understand this. If I post something I look at it as if I was a pawn shop selling an item. I have something for sale at $500, I'm not going to give it to someone for another item I can sell for $500, especially if the new item is harder to sell than the one I started with. Why do people think this is ok? I mean, it would be one thing if I was wanting the item somebody has as much as I wanted the cash, but I don't. Frankly I don't want something in lieu of cash I will just take it because I know cash is hard to come by these days.

I had a gun wtt/wts for $650, that was worth more than that (demand was high supply was low), though I chose to only sell it for what it would cost someone if they ordered it normally, plus shipping, tax and ffl. Someone offered me a used gun that could have been worth around the same new in a store, but since it was used they said they'd throw in $50. Seriously? If I walked into my local gun shop I deal with and said that, they'd laugh me out of the store. I just don't get it. And what's worse, I'm not in the business of reselling guns, so a used gun, unless I'm looking for it, isn't worth near retail to me, because I didn't really want it in the first place. So...though I don't get the mentality I am polite and say no thanks, I would need X cash to be interested, and tell them to have a nice day. And people get really upset and are rude to me. And I think I'm actually giving them quite a bit more than they would get if they tried to "trade-in" their gun on one in the shop (instead of a $50 diff I would settle for a $200 diff, but better than the $350 diff the shop would want). I am probably going to stop designating things as wtt, just go with wts to avoid this type of confrontation. People seem to get really pissed when they contact you and want to give you a used taurus 24/7 9mm + $50 for your brand new in the box springfield xd compact 40. Then they tell you you're an a-hole for not?

Dude, just add them to your ignore list. Every time I get an a-hole response, I immediately block that person. That way they can no longer look at your ads and you don't have to see their bovine manure.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top