JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Do you have a project that needs volunteer attention and/or help? We may be able to do something about it. Post your ideas and suggestions here, or send a private conversation and we'll give it sincere consideration. It needs to be a good fit for NWFA. Take a look at the mission statement and think of how your idea fits.

Although cleaning up forest land shooting sites is a great volunteer project, I think we can do a lot more. Ready?

Thank you,

Bill

Mission Statement
NorthwestFirearms.com was founded based on these three goals, which comprise our core mission:

Communication - Increase the speed and frequency of communication between firearm owners, pro-firearm groups, manufacturers, and others.

Organization - Provide resources for firearm owners to organize themselves in support of the 2nd Amendment.

Advocacy - Educate the public on safe firearm use and ownership, while promoting land stewardship, shooting sports, hunting, and self defense.

I would be pleased to man a booth at any sort of outdoors related show, i.e. political rallies, gun shows (of course), R.V. shows, fishing shows, antique shows etc. Of course space rental may be a problem, but likely if nwfa was to form an "arm" as a non profit educational foundation the space may be available for free, depending on how the organization putting on the event is approached.

I have a bit of experience with this, working with Calguns for a while a few years back.

Much of the liturature is available through the nra and cmp, until we can come up with some of our own. Of course that would require a print shop donating part or all of the expense.

Thanks, coop44. I reserve the right to call upon you if and when the need arises. Glad you offered that kind of experience. Could be very helpful to us.

Bill

Put together a flyer of the Ideals, Purpose, Mission of this board. Include links that pertain to the before mentioned. Post it here for those interested to download and print, so that the flyer can be handed out anywhere those who download it choose.

Good idea, Gunwheeler. Let's give that some thought and see what we come up with.

Thanks for the input!

Bill

Anything that supports the shooting sports would serve as an icebreaker to introduce yourself to others. I have seen a flyer on this bbs that lists USFS Mt Hood Shooting regs. Any publications that other orgs (NRA) would give permission to print and handout. Never leave a page blank, download and print a target opposite of some info you hand out. Sticky/pin it at the top of this page for all to have access to it.

It would be great if we could do something that would capture the attention of the non gun public in a positive way. An effort that is clearly branded "firearm enthusiasts" that will help counteract the negative "gun nut" stuff. If we can get local or regional news coverage, so much the better.

Such an effort would not necessarily need to be gun related like pit clean ups which highlight the irresponsible behavior.

<broken link removed>

Vancouver Rifle & Pistol Club needs donations for their impact area upgrade.

Yes, I saw that post. Hope folks will chip in. Since it's not a 'volunteer' event, I really can't do much more than encourage others to donate towards the cause. And it is a good one at that!

Thanks for the note,

Bill

Hopefully I will have more opportunities soon. On August 12th I am organizing a community meeting in Vancouver to help improve the area around Central Park. One of my customer's kids was beat up pretty badly there. There's an unsavory element hanging around the skate park. Grown man-children smoking dope and drinking, aggressively panhandling, littering, and vandalizing the place.

We're going to see what we can do to give the place a face lift and discourage that kind of behaviour. I have Vancouver PD and several neighborhood associations involved. It may be that some work parties are needed to clean up and repair a few things.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1447792478814757/

We're going to see what we can do to give the place a face lift and discourage that kind of behaviour. I have Vancouver PD and several neighborhood associations involved. It may be that some work parties are needed to clean up and repair a few things.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1447792478814757/

That's a good thing you're doing, however, not a project for NWFA. As you can see in our Mission Statement above, it does not fit in with... "firearm owners to organize themselves in support of the 2nd Amendment", or "while promoting land stewardship, shooting sports, hunting, and self defense". Therefore, we would not be making it an official NWFA Volunteer project.

It does need to be done and the local community needs to put up a fuss about it so things can change. I'm sure the general public will be getting involved to help make a difference in our City parks.

Bill

Forest Watch program. Anyone interested? WA Dept of Nat Resources has a Forest Watch program where you, and a friend, cruse the forest and keep an eye out for trash and illegal activities. You also hand out info about recreation on state land.

You sign up in advance, get training, have magnetic signs on you truck and have DNR shirts and hats. I think you also have a radio to communicate with law enforcement. Then you let them know when you are going and they will cover you for insurance that day and record your volunteer hours. It's not a regular schedule, not set days or hours. It's up to you when you can go.

We would also include information about NWFA and our efforts to protect recreational shooting on public land.

I think it would be great to have a few people on this program.

Is this something you would be interested in? Let's discuss this here and I'll get more details about it.

Bill

How about volunteering with the local Humane Society, ASPCA or even a local rescue/animal shelter. That will show the public that we are warm, kind-hearted individuals like the many others and the stereotype of gun owners being cold, cruel, selfish, etc. is false.

And how would that fit in with 2nd Amendments rights or the mission of NWFA? I agree we'd like to shed a better light on responsible gun owners, however, I don't see how we would fit in with the Humane Society or ASPCA. Perhaps if we found a lost dog while hunting? We could turn it in.

Care to expand?

(You might consider a new profile pic. That one's a bit two much!)

We need a flyer/pamphlet to place beside the anti's flyer at our public libraries. But make it one about educating your children about firearms or something to that nature.

Next time I am in there I will grab one to see if I can scan and post it for all to see.

It says something about asking parents of your kids friends if they have firearms in there home . . . . . saw it as my son and I were leaving the library. :mad:

We need a flyer/pamphlet to place beside the anti's flyer at our public libraries. But make it one about educating your children about firearms or something to that nature.

Next time I am in there I will grab one to see if I can scan and post it for all to see.

It says something about asking parents of your kids friends if they have firearms in there home . . . . . saw it as my son and I were leaving the library. :mad:

Good idea! If you have a camera phone you could also take a photo and upload it here.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top