JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So I stopped and picked up a pamphlet from the library. Now that I actually opened it an read it guess who the distributor is?

Ceasefire Oregon Education Foundation.

Here are pictures of the pamphlet.

20150422_124802.jpg 20150422_124713.jpg 20150422_124818.jpg 20150422_124825.jpg

Sorry about the upside-down pictures they looked fine on my phone!

Wow. There's a lot of statistics in that. Would be interesting to see the real facts to counter theirs. The way it's worded, it sounds pretty serious...like... "90% of fatal firearms accidents involving children occur with in a home". Oh yeah? How many is that? Was that a statisic from Maine or California?

Well I'm not getting in to it right now, but, there certainly is a lot to counter.

Thanks for the pics. Gotta get a hard copy of that stuff. (Good bedtime reading material!)

Well, dang it! You beat me to it, Dyjital. Maybe one day I'll get the hang of these fancy-pants smart phones.

ETA: I snapped *that pic in Philomath Gun Shop.

Last Edited:
Just posted the event, Gentlemen. Ready to sign up some volunteers! I'll get a map link from them this coming week. I'll add important info the the first post in that thread.

Posted it in the Volunteer section.

Bill

I think it'd be wonderful to have a cleanup and target shooting information setup in the Gooseneck Creek Rd area off the 22 west of Dallas. My mother and i are new to the area, and just found out about it. Went out there last week to scout it out. MANY fine target shooting locations, but many are difficult to find, and so many of them are absolutely disgusting with trash, shells, and i could barely believe it, but 3 of the locations were obviously used specifically to have the trees themselves as targets. Many trees were "cut" down by firearms. I'll see if i can get the pictures up.

Earthen berm? Really now, trees are supposed to be the berm? Where do some people come from? :confused:

Good idea Mike. I've never been there but I'll look it up on google maps. That place, in the photos, should be closed down for shooting. Are there other, good, places to shoot (gravel pit or other popular places)?

I think we counted 20 or so locations out there that are used. 10 yard to 100+ yard. Most are earthen berm, and some are gravel pit. Some of the spots people are obviously using, judging from the trash and spent shells, are just tiny little camping area clearings, with no berm, and people are obviously shooting downhill. One spot is marked Safety Zone No Shooting and people were using it as we drove up. A few others woupd be good spots if you wanted the shoot across the road way - so that's what people do. It's BLM land that seems to be set aside specifically for target shooting, though it's not advertised anywhere. Though i can see why they wouldn't want to. I'd rather make friends with someone out in the country and shoot there. As is, i don't want to be associated with those jacknuts.

Closed down, i wouldn't like. Then i'd have no place to shoot! Nor would the guy i met coming down the road who was picking up his trash and others. If any place is ripe for cleanup and EDUCATION EDUCATION EDUCATION! It's this one. Talk about giving gun owners a bad name. I'd hate to see this area shut down, but i can easily see it happening.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top