JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is a perfect example of the problem with many Pension Plans. The Plan assumes a growth rate of perhaps 8%, but the real growth rate is far less than that assumption.

Mish's Global Economic Trend Analysis: Calpers Pension Plan Reports 1% Return; Stunning "What If" Charts at Various Compound Annualized Rates-of-Return Going Forward

The other challenge with some Pension Plans is that they are significantly underfunded, and the company has a huge IOU that it may never be able to pay to the Plan.

Peter

I often listen to Ray Lucia on the radio. He has written a number of books on his "Buckets of Money" strategy and to me it sounds about as good as we can do with the assets we have. (Again, just my lowly opinion).

A buddy of mine got frustrated that silver isn't soaring and decided to sell me his silver for a dollar under melt; generic new Apmex coins. I knew he was dead set on selling so I thought might as well be me instead of a pawn shop.

I asked him what he was going to do with the money and he said an Etrade IRA contribution :(.

You just can't get people to think outside the box I guess. He thinks in 15 years that IRA will mean something, be there for him, and that it will pay him bills, his 'retirement.'

He is mistaken.

Silver may go to $1 or it may go to a $100. But it is REAL and will be worth something. Paper assets can and will be wiped out with a keystroke in the blink of an eye.

That will happen long before that pie in the sky date of 2027. Just thinking that someone believes the status quo debt Ponzi economy will last until 2027 makes me chuckle. People believe ridiculous things though and that is their choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very good time. I owe Peter Schiff big time (saw him speak in person) for making sense back in 2004-05 when I moved into silver and other 'real' things.

This is a very good watch about the continued slide into a depression that is happening due to the printing press and the looting of our Treasury; an all-powerful private, unaudited Fed controlling it all. If you have a job or not in a year has very little to do with what puppet is in the White House. It is all about financial policy and that is determined by a banking cartel that has only one interest in mind: their own.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had lunch with a buddy today, a rarity for me, I only eat out 2 or 3 times a month and that includes lunc or a burger at McDonalds, anyways he was telling me how was dumping more money into his retirement plan that is already heavily funded, but then turned aand said to me, I know you stay up an food prices and such, have you heard about the drought in the farm belt area, food prices are going through the roof, he kept asking me about all these things happening and did not know that our national debt is almost $16trillion and we are getting ready to do a QE3, he looked at me said what are you talking about??? Ok now this guy is no dummy, I finish my masters program with him and he has made some really good financial deals and has helped others refinance their homes, but had no idea, what our national is, what a QE is, or ever even contemplated a collapse of the almighty dollar.

Where I am going, well afte watching the video Burt posted, I though that was relative to what ATC said Normalcy Bias, people there are a lot of smart decent people out there who have no idea, no clue what so ever about what our national debt really is, how it stacks up to greece or spain, what a QE is or anything.

I know I am not saying anything new here, but I have been emailing this news links and all kinds of stuff and trying to tell him what is happening and I am not sure after todays lunch if there is even a flicker of candle light in his head about this, it is scary to think about how many people really truely have absolutely no clue.

I have a 401K, skills that enable me to fix a lot of things and an understanding that nothing is guaranteed. Most people pass on after retirement because they have nothing to live for so I don't plan on retiring just doing something I want to do that will continue to put food on the table and bullets in the reloader, even if my 401k/rich FIL/investments make it possible for me to stop working.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top