JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Germany 1944... What the Americans were fighting agenst was the fachest government of Germany. Americans don't want to live in an authoritarian police state like Germany.

Americans don't want to become an authoritarian police state, your father should be proud!
We already ARE an authoritarian police state. The so-called "covid-19" aka the China Virus hoax is the tool being used by the PTB to subjugate the American people and emplace rules and regulations counter to the Constitution and Bill Of Rights. The people are being bought (and sold) for trillions of dollars of debt for which the government has no means of raising besides the printing press and computer-generated money. People are DEMANDING that we shut down the country and wating with baited breath for a "vaccine" to cure out ills. The Wuhan Plague is mild or asymptomatic in almost everyone, excepting those who are elderly or have compromised health. I am both of those, I'm not talking out my butt I very nearly died a few years back from influenza. Aside from the padded death count the fatality rate is less than 1/10th of one percent.
OK, I've spoken my mind- I refuse to wear a mask, and will not conform to the rules laid down by the
Fauci-istas.

With all that said, I've also had more uses of force than just about anyone in my county. I am faster to go to force than just about anyone. But, I start small and keep it small so it doesn't snowball. Very few people ever got hurt, but force was used.
What many do not understand is how important these words and actions are in law enforcement. Society has pushed many officers in to talking the people to death. It is both dangerous to the officer and the public. Not excessive but reasonable, appropriate and necessary levels of force. Your entire post is sage wisdom. Thank you.

I've run into some "bad cops" in my life, believe me. I could tell a couple stories. I also have good friends in law-enforcement- good, honest people who take their jobs and commitment seriously.

I have a co-worker who is black, grew up in Illinois I think, but more middle class than inner city. He's an ambitious, hard working guy, doing his best to raise a family and make something for himself. He also says he hates all cops, thinks they're all racist. I've tried to understand his perspective, rather than just dismiss it. I believe that growing up where and how he did, he was hassled a lot more than I ever was where I grew up. His perspective is real, and does have some basis- not that I think all cops are racist, just that he sincerely sees it that way. He is genuinely afraid of cops. Having worked together for several years, we have some strong differences of opinion, but he's not a criminal.

The best I can come up with is that the level and harshness of law enforcement naturally varies according to the level of crime and violence in society. In a Mayberry society, Sheriff Andy can walk around unarmed, whistling a tune and saying "Howdy" to everyone he meets. In the post-apocalyptic, dystopian future portrayed in many '80s movies, Judge Dredd and Robo-cop are an eventual response to the violence.

So if harsh, authoritarian policing is more common in the inner city, what can be done? Doing away with the police won't help, nor will cracking down with an iron fist. It's a cultural issue, and I have no idea how to fix that. Blame it on lack of economic opportunity, blame it on lack of family structure and fathers in the homes teaching their sons to be men, blame it on societal racism, the welfare state, Democrat rule or Republican policies. Whatever it is, I think the problem with law enforcement and the African-American community is a symptom of a larger problem, rather than the problem itself.

Like gun control, we (as humans, not just Americans) have a tendency to want to address the symptoms rather than the cause, usually because the cause is so much more complex, and there's just no easy fix. I certainly don't have the answers, nor do I think one side or the other is fully to blame or in the clear. Just my opinion, and I could certainly be wrong...

I've run into some "bad cops" in my life, believe me. I could tell a couple stories. I also have good friends in law-enforcement- good, honest people who take their jobs and commitment seriously.

I have a co-worker who is black, grew up in Illinois I think, but more middle class than inner city. He's an ambitious, hard working guy, doing his best to raise a family and make something for himself. He also says he hates all cops, thinks they're all racist. I've tried to understand his perspective, rather than just dismiss it. I believe that growing up where and how he did, he was hassled a lot more than I ever was where I grew up. His perspective is real, and does have some basis- not that I think all cops are racist, just that he sincerely sees it that way. He is genuinely afraid of cops. Having worked together for several years, we have some strong differences of opinion, but he's not a criminal.

The best I can come up with is that the level and harshness of law enforcement naturally varies according to the level of crime and violence in society. In a Mayberry society, Sheriff Andy can walk around unarmed, whistling a tune and saying "Howdy" to everyone he meets. In the post-apocalyptic, dystopian future portrayed in many '80s movies, Judge Dredd and Robo-cop are an eventual response to the violence.

So if harsh, authoritarian policing is more common in the inner city, what can be done? Doing away with the police won't help, nor will cracking down with an iron fist. It's a cultural issue, and I have no idea how to fix that. Blame it on lack of economic opportunity, blame it on lack of family structure and fathers in the homes teaching their sons to be men, blame it on societal racism, the welfare state, Democrat rule or Republican policies. Whatever it is, I think the problem with law enforcement and the African-American community is a symptom of a larger problem, rather than the problem itself.

Like gun control, we (as humans, not just Americans) have a tendency to want to address the symptoms rather than the cause, usually because the cause is so much more complex, and there's just no easy fix. I certainly don't have the answers, nor do I think one side or the other is fully to blame or in the clear. Just my opinion, and I could certainly be wrong...

Pretty much! There have been times where I've had "conversations" with other officers asking whether their behavior was necessary and whether they thought about how their actions might get someone else hurt. I can't afford to have azzholes with my good officers on the bench due to injuries. I've also had people come from slower/relaxed areas and need to snap out of their complacency. Its a struggle!

not to sound to depressing, but I been saying this for the last few years.. We.. those who love America even for all her faults.. are dying off. Every year, there is less of us.. and those who are replacing us are moving further and further to the left.

"Chutulu moves slowly, but he always moves left"

We need to stop othering. Stop putting all people of whatever group you don't like into the same basket with the comparatively few who are downright criminals.
We need to be honest with ourselves and try to remain humble. We need to try to be as informed by unbiased sources as we can find.
There's always more to learn. I will be learning until the day I die.

What if I just want the weak (mentally physically and morally) to perish and the strong to survive so we can move forward as a species and get off this rock before yellowstone rips off? (Or "climate change" :rolleyes: or whatever other desaster might set us back 1000 years)

Can you imagine what we could have accomplished in the last ~50 years if we had stayed forcused rather than trying to make the entire world, comfortable? Its horribly depressing.

I could have been a fronteirsman on a terraformed mars.

What if I just want the weak (mentally physically and morally) to perish and the strong to survive so we can move forward as a species and get off this rock before yellowstone rips off? (Or "climate change" :rolleyes: or whatever other desaster might set us back 1000 years)

Can you imagine what we could have accomplished in the last ~50 years if we had stayed forcused rather than trying to make the entire world, comfortable? Its horribly depressing.

I could have been a fronteirsman on a terraformed mars.

I'd be a highway man.....

I'd be a highway man.....
You mean a highwayman...

This is a highway man:
highway man.jpg

This is a highwayman:
Highwayman.jpg
These men are not the same... :D

Last Edited:
You have a point. But even as a senior I'm ready to stand my ground. Seniors are well aware that life is finite and the clock is ticking. I would just as soon die fighting for my beliefs than in a hospital bed hooked up to an IV bag.

My job required very frequent, sometimes almost constant, travel. That went on for 3 decades. I saw the world in its glory and with its flaws. I can say the U.S. Is not perfect but it is the best thing going in my opinion. I was born here and will likely die here. I fought for the U.S. earlier in my life and will gladly do it again. In the Army infantry there is a saying - "Pick up your rifle and follow me." It was popular in the Rangers. I have a rifle and will certainly stand up to be counted when the time comes. And I am not alone. There are lots of vets that will step up and when they do, they bring their experience with them.

Amen to that. I shall as well. Onward to another victory for America. We will kick these antifa maggots a$$es. When we stand together as Americans, nothing can defeat us. As long as we follow our God in heavens will and commandments. IMHO we have let the left take God out of this country. When that started happening, this country has been in a long slow decline.

The problem comes when we look at the written, stated goals of BLM as an organization, and we realize that they are actually extremist, racist, and Marxist in nature, calling for black separatism and Marxism
more then 80% of donations to that group goes right to the DNC for political campaigns!
I looked on the BLM website and read their "What WE Believe" manifesto. I saw no language that implied or averred support for Marxism or black separatism and I would be hard put to spin anything in their stated beliefs as racist.

From a June 16th 2020 article in the Statesman:
In a since-deleted June 11 Facebook post, Ryan Fournier, co-founder of Students for Trump, claimed that donations to Black Lives Matter were actually being funneled to Democratic campaigns.

"All money donated to Black Lives Matter goes directly to ActBlue, a Democrat Super PAC that then feeds the money to Democrat candidates," he said. "Congratulations, you played yourself."

The post was flagged as part of Facebook's efforts to combat false news and misinformation on its News Feed. Fournier deleted the post after we reached out to him, but the Twitter version remained posted.

Please expound.

Marxist part: Taking from others or redistribution of wealth. Instead of class as being the exploited, its their race.

Black Separatist: Equality and social justice for black people, not all people. Not even all people of color. Guess who is/will also be paying for slavery, the Hispanics and Asians, and whoever doesn't qualify as "African-American".

Racist: The assertion that being white makes someone racist. Their brand of "racism" is essentially a lack of accountability of their own issues and blaming it on who they say are the real racists.

Taken directly from their site:

"Black Lives Matter began as a call to action in response to state-sanctioned violence and anti-Black racism. Our intention from the very beginning was to connect Black people from all over the world who have a shared desire for justice to act together in their communities. The impetus for that commitment was, and still is, the rampant and deliberate violence inflicted on us by the state."

That is about as black separatist as it gets. It has nothing to do with justice or stopping racism as a whole, just against black people. It serves to isolate blackness.

Remember, some of the reasons and parties involved in what BLM sites as the reason for their being, weren't white.

Last Edited:
On this forum, I have seen posts from a few people who felt that they had to preface their question with, "I'm not trying to start anything. I'm asking for real."
Here we are, a group of gun owners/collectors/enthusiasts who support the 2nd Amendment making people feel that they have to make excuses for asking a question that might be seen as traitorous or leftist by their fellow gun owners.

This is my last post on this subject. Block me. Delete my account. Doing so will only prove my point.
I have never been one to stir up bubblegum, but nothing will change unless we speak up and question the status quo. And I'm not saying that it's okay to proselytize and shove my opinions down anyone's throat, or speak poorly of our law enforcement and military who put their lives on the line. My purpose for speaking up was an attempt to correct some statements that were just plain untrue.
-

"Marxist part: Taking from others or redistribution of wealth. Instead of class as being the exploited, its their race."

So you're denying that Black people have never really been "free"?
How many times a week are you stopped for absolutely no reason at all?
Are you Black? I apologize for my assumptions if you are, and are indeed speaking from personal experience.
-

"Black Separatist: Equality and social justice for black people, not all people. Not even all people of color. Guess who is/will also be paying for slavery, the Hispanics and Asians, and whoever doesn't qualify as "African-American"."

Again, are you Black, Asian, or Hispanic?
What qualifications do you have that gives you an okay to not only tell people what they are experiencing, but also that their ultimate plan is to take away your freedoms?
As an Asian and White person, I could be rightly offended by your accusations of what you perceive as my evil plan.
-

"Racist: The assertion that being white makes someone racist. Their brand of "racism" is essentially a lack of accountability of their own issues and blaming it on who they say are the real racists."

Perhaps this is your own feelings that are hurt because you know you can work on yourself. Even I, having both Asian and White blood, can stand to improve what has been ingrained in me simply because of this country's systemic racism. I am more privileged than quite a lot of Black and Brown people. I can admit that. Am I racist? Subconsciously, I am. But I am consciously trying to improve and change and become a better person.
-

"Taken directly from their site:

"Black Lives Matter began as a call to action in response to state-sanctioned violence and anti-Black racism. Our intention from the very beginning was to connect Black people from all over the world who have a shared desire for justice to act together in their communities. The impetus for that commitment was, and still is, the rampant and deliberate violence inflicted on us by the state."

That is about as black separatist as it gets. It has nothing to do with justice or stopping racism as a whole, just against black people. It serves to isolate blackness.

Remember, some of the reasons and parties involved in what BLM sites as the reason for their being, weren't white."

Please clarify how protesting the imprisonment, murder, horrible comments and more is being separatist.
Yes, there are other groups of people who are still being discriminated against (lately, Asians, and more often, Asian women, who are spat on, hit, shoved, had their mask torn off, etc.), but I have not heard of any wide-spread and condoned lynchings and heinous crimes against other groups as a whole.
There is a difference in how the U.S. has consistantly treated Black people as compared to any other group.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads