JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I make the best home made from scratch buttermilk biscuits and sausage gravey on the planet. My mom used to make me stand there and watch her make both when I was growing up. Never a measured item and it's all done by eye.

Biscuits cooked to a golden brown and creamy gravey with little bits of Jimmy Dean sausage in it. Then on the side you take a biscuit and butter it and add fresh jam. MMMMM good

any other cooks in the house??:D

jj

My family was from the South so they know something about biscuits and gravey MMMM they are so good they just melt in your mouth.

jj

So you are saying that the sausage is actually opossum :D, being from down south and all. ;)

Never had gravy with opossum, might be tasty.

wg

Well kill one and clean it and skin it wally and I will cook it at your house. Never cooked it before but will for you if you promiss to eat it:D

You dag gone yankees don't know real fixens when you see it:s0112::s0112::s0112:

jj

It's not just a southern thing. Biscuits and Gravy are one of the major food groups in the midwest where I grew up. I remember having many a fine dinner of fried rabbit and biscuits and gravy for dinner after a morning hunt in Kansas. :s0155:

It's not just a southern thing. Biscuits and Gravy are one of the major food groups in the midwest where I grew up. I remember having many a fine dinner of fried rabbit and biscuits and gravy for dinner after a morning hunt in Kansas. :s0155:

:D:D of course yall know that if you in the midwest learned how to make the fixens it's cause a southerner taught ya:s0114::s0114:

jj

Since when do you hate to brag? Damn Easterners...

I'm from Oregon. Everyone back East gets lumped as Easterners, not Southerners or Northerners. I like to watch Southerners eyes spin out of their heads when you lump them with the Northerners... :s0114:

Had some Biscuits and Chorizo Gravy at Madeline's Restaurant in Redmond, it was excellent...

Since when do you hate to brag? Damn Easterners...

I'm from Oregon. Everyone back East gets lumped as Easterners, not Southerners or Northerners. I like to watch Southerners eyes spin out of their heads when you lump them with the Northerners... :s0114:

Had some Biscuits and Chorizo Gravy at Madeline's Restaurant in Redmond, it was excellent...

:s0112::s0112::s0112: I suspect there may be some hillbilly roots in your family:D:D

jim

It's fun going out there and getting a couple of 'em to start arguin' over whether or not a Westerner is a "Yankee". :s0114: :s0114:

I love cooking biscuits in my dutch oven with briquettes--a few underneath and most ontop of the lid. The only problem is when I try it at home, I burn a hole in the floor.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top