JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Has the Sequestration Effected You?

• Yes

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • No

Votes: 29 76.3%

• Total voters
DoD and DoE spending drying up rapidly for some projects. They also need to cut back by the amount of the spending increase they've spend so far this fiscal year. Even some fully funded projects are slowing down or talking about delaying deliverables and billing until next FY.

So thats a solid "not yet" then?

No it's not. Postponement or cancellation of contracts means no equipment sales and layoffs. It also means delays or cancellation of maintenance. Work has been slowed down since it began looking like sequestration might actually happen. The issue isn't work that doesn't need to be done, it's about obligations that may take years of planning before the actual projects reach the implementation stage. This is not the way to do business. Budgets are serious issues and require serious thought. Technically challenging and complex projects require extensive planning, which means allocation of resources, including people.

Interrupting these projects causes ripples all the way down the chain of resourses.

Wow, didn't even know it started. So I guess that means I haven't been affected...well...traffic has been good the last few days. Maybe a few less federal employees making the commute.

Should be "affected" not "effected" BTW.

Deen
NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member & Recruiter
Washington Arms Collectors Member
SouthWest Washington Arms Collectors Member
Second Amendment Foundation Member

I'm not on the government teet! But Obama's administration has directed agencies to make it painful.
So, does that mean he won't be flying to Hawaii for vacations and golfing trips?

Deen
NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member & Recruiter
Washington Arms Collectors Member
SouthWest Washington Arms Collectors Member
Second Amendment Foundation Member

I think there are some misconceptions being bantied about here. Certainly there are abusers of the system, but some of these cuts are affecting highly skilled and extensively trained technical experts. Again, I know there are abusers but I will say that I have worked with some government employees who work tirelessly to meet goals. I've been with people who work on weekends and for 10 to 12 hours a day without receiving overtime to support various missions and projects.

As just one example, those who refuel submarine and aircraft carrier nuclear reactors are not bums or abusers. They are highly trained technical experts. To say that they are sucking off of the government teat is an insult to anyone who believe that they are doing the right thing in their job. Another example is hazardous material workers. To lump these people and projects into something that is a waste of time of somehow, reciepients of welfare is just plain stupid.

The truth is that the sequester is the wrong way to do business. Some of the same people who scream about rapidly completing the cleanup efforts at Hanford and Umatilla, will also scream that they don't want any money spent on the projects. You simply cannot lump welfare reciepients together or all government workers and contractors together.

I have not yet, but if they screw with my Va disability or GI bill, which I have no doubt is coming, it's gonna hurt. Like living on the street with a family of 4 kind of hurt.

not lumping them all together, and also didnt mean to imply every ''contractor'' was a waste of money,
I think there are some misconceptions being bantied about here. Certainly there are abusers of the system, but some of these cuts are affecting highly skilled and extensively trained technical experts. Again, I know there are abusers but I will say that I have worked with some government employees who work tirelessly to meet goals. I've been with people who work on weekends and for 10 to 12 hours a day without receiving overtime to support various missions and projects.

As just one example, those who refuel submarine and aircraft carrier nuclear reactors are not bums or abusers. They are highly trained technical experts. To say that they are sucking off of the government teat is an insult to anyone who believe that they are doing the right thing in their job. Another example is hazardous material workers. To lump these people and projects into something that is a waste of time of somehow, reciepients of welfare is just plain stupid.

The truth is that the sequester is the wrong way to do business. Some of the same people who scream about rapidly completing the cleanup efforts at Hanford and Umatilla, will also scream that they don't want any money spent on the projects. You simply cannot lump welfare reciepients together or all government workers and contractors together.

I think there are some misconceptions being bantied about here.
The misconceptions are the ones the state-sponsored media has fostered.
When we all know the real issue is money management and priorities.

Nuclear tech's (etc.) pay shouldn't be affected, while less critical government jobs and programs get trimmed.
But that's not how the White House wanted it presented. They wanted it to appear to hurt the average American, and most if not ALL Americans, to drum up support for fewer budget cuts and more tax increases.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top