JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nothings really changed here. For now I'm staying with my Ruger sub compact 9mm with 10rnd and extra mag.

It's obvious mag capacity is priority to most - I agree to some extent. Might update soon, but in the meantime hoping I won't be in a situation where I'd need more.

No but that's only because I always carry anyway. If I didn't, I absolutely would be while this mess is going on. People are stupid and it wouldn't take much for things to go really sideways as two idiots fight for toilet paper...or something equally stupid. :rolleyes:

Be safe everyone!

Added this to the EDC, goes in truck then into work then back home!

IMG_20200328_112504_025.jpg

I started carrying at home. More to make my daughter comfortable around it. Shes afraid to shoot thinking she's gonna hit someone... and she is uncomfortable around guns, so I'm having either my colt python or my 1911 strapped to me at home. To make her see that nothing randomly happens with it.

I started carrying at home. More to make my daughter comfortable around it. Shes afraid to shoot thinking she's gonna hit someone... and she is uncomfortable around guns, so I'm having either my colt python or my 1911 strapped to me at home. To make her see that nothing randomly happens with it.
Education is the best solution to unfounded fears. Start teaching her the manual of arms with an unloaded firearm. Age appropriate of course. I did this with my son when he was about 6, by the time he was 8, he was my range buddy.

YMMV

Shes 14. She has gotten so far that she'll hold my wifes AR with the 22lr conversion. Shes just really afraid because of all the school shooting panic. But shes getting there. Almost pulled the trigger on the 22lr lol but chickened out.

Shes 14. She has gotten so far that she'll hold my wifes AR with the 22lr conversion. Shes just really afraid because of all the school shooting panic. But shes getting there. Almost pulled the trigger on the 22lr lol but chickened out.
Sounds like your on the right track. The MSM has done a number on younger people, putting the fear of inanimate objects in them. She see's you and your wife displaying responsible handling, that's an important example, for sure. Take her a step at a time, as she's ready. You'll make that breakthrough. Using .22 lr is the best way, less noise, less recoil, but still goes bang. I wish you luck. Be patient.

Give it time, she'll come around if not forced.
Also, school her on who and why school shootings happen, this is the education all parents need to teach their children. Tools can't hurt you unless a person misuses them.

More curious than anything else. I've carried every waking hour for years, but curious if this event has changed anything for others.

NO, for my husband. He still conceals and open carries his handgun. He owns far LESS handguns now too.

He always has a knife on him. He has a multi tool on his leather belt too.

NO, for me except I only open and/or conceal fixed blade knives since I no longer own, shoot or carry handguns.

He goes to our range on a regular basis and keeps up his skills in self defense using his few handguns and several rifles. So his rifle skills in shooting .223, 30-30, 30-06 and 45-70 are being kept up too.

I forgot to add that my husband shoots 22lr bolt action rifles on a regular basis but he prefers to shoot CF firearms more.

Cate

Last Edited:
No, but I have added a fixed blade knife and pepper spray, the possibilty of getting into an altercation/incident where it wouldn't be legal to shoot somebody for stealing the TP out of my cart in the parking lot is increasing. All kinds of strongarm but unarmed muggers really...

I think that men and women should have a GUN and/or a KNIFE close to them or ON their bodies at home.

If they choose NOT to own or shoot or carry a gun - they should have a PLAN for self defense issues when they are out in public or in their home or in their truck/car.

Plus if you decide to open or conceal CARRY a gun - you should keep up your skills on a regular basis.

I would feel this way whether there was a crazy virus going on or NOT.

My bolt action 22lr rifle (My main rifle!) is fairly close to my bed and I ALWAYS have MY specifically chosen by ME fixed blade knives in specific areas in this small home that I built.

I have no children and NO children visit us. My husband's gun is ON his body and a spare one is in another room. He has his fixed blade and pocket/folding knives close to him too. He always, always carries a pocket/folding knife ON him as I stated above.

I even keep a CLEAN small camp axe and a clean smaller 'hawk in my specific KNIFE drawer in one room.

His extra knives are kept in his den/gun room in a locked cabinet.

The guns are locked up when we leave the house.

We only have close friends aka GUN carrying people VISIT us 99% of the time too.

Cate

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads