JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My GF is the same way. She tolerates my guns but is 100% ambiguous about almost all aspects of home security.
We've "had words" over this.

Me... just now.

Give it time if you guys are "new". When I met Wife she did not own a gun at all. Was not anti, just did not feel they were needed. I paid for her first gun and permit. She went along but I could see was not sold on the idea. When we took up home together I did get some kick about the money we spent. Till one night while at work some kook showed up beating on the door like he was trying to break it in. All of a sudden the guns were no longer a waste of money:D
As time has gone on she has slowly learned. That kook that shot up a mall north of us a while back was another wake up for her. She had been lax in her carry, that got her to go back to all the time carry. It's taken over 20 years but she is coming around to see things my way :D:D:D

My GF is the same way. She tolerates my guns but is 100% ambiguous about almost all aspects of home security.
We've "had words" over this.
Today she told me that she got weirded-out over some commotion that happened outside while I was away working... she weakly blamed me for putting those ideas in her head but she's starting to see that "civilized society" is a thin veneer easily breached my some rando tweaker or meth-head and that past experience is no indicator of the future. There are no rules and no honor among thieves. They will sense weakness and push that advantage to the fullest extent. They will not stop at simply "taking stuff" when more opportunities present themselves.

The infuriating (and lazy, IMO), "If it's my time then it's my time" belongs in a discussion about brain aneurisms and massive strokes, NOT murderous a-holes intent on damage and mayhem. If some sh*bird kicks in the door, it's not "your time", it's THEIR time... blow that summbubblegum back through the door with great violence and all due prejudice.

Passivity devoid of overt aggression is the ultimate vice.

Who said that?

Me... just now.

Similar with my wife although she's been more into security- especially after calling me at work one day a few months ago when "something crashed" in the house and she plus my daughter were holed up in the bedroom and she couldn't remember how to access the quick safe.

Then to add to my panic she didn't remember how to cock the 1911 and jammed it:confused: so I had to walk her through the safe code to get at the loaded shotgun.

Scared the poo out of me for a good 5-6 min till she said all the windows and doors were shut after clearing the house and basement.

She is well versed in the access and operation of our HD guns now and gets regular reminders.

She hasn't said a word about the AR, AK and shotgun being loaded and around the house.

She knows how to shoot them all (plus the pistols) and does well at the range but has traditionally just let me take care of security.

She even asked me if I had made sure the doors were all locked last night (which I always double check anyway) but nice she is thinking about these things seriously now.

One of the few Positive things to come from this BS virus stuff imo.

While I typically carry subcompact in my pocket and full size in my bag along with a spare mag for each I have been carrying the full-size more with the spare mag on me. Things in my area are still quite calm, but the risk has increased so has my load.

Back at the beginning of the year I started having more free time so I started working on a battle belt. This has 3 pistol mags of 23rds each, 2 .308 rifle mags of 25rds each, knife and IFAK. This and my rifle have been traveling with me also.

Last Edited:
My day to day is a Kahr ct380 pocket carry with one extra mag 15 rounds all together. I have moved my day to day to an Springfield XDS 45 with three extra mags 28 rounds all together. Better safe than sorry.

More curious than anything else. I've carried every waking hour for years, but curious if this event has changed anything for others.
Well, there's literally only a handfull of places where people are in any great number so it stands to reason a mass spree shooter, out of necessity, would go there. I find I'm carrying more ammo when I go there.

Id love to, but MY right is non existent in Beaverton. Can't file the declaration of intend with USCIS right now and also can't get the CHL either. Got my Paperwork ready but no point to send it right now. no 2A for me in Beaverton. Had VERY helpful info from Sheriff's but absolut d***head answers from Beaverton PD as expected. Asked if 2A is suspended in Beaverton since no way for me to exercise my right....

On that note, just ordered stuff to build a G43. Noticed that the 6" Python or my full size 1911 is hard to conceal anyway. So I'll have something when Application processing will be continued.

Not carry... as I still have my CZ PCR (15+1) and spare 17-rd mag on me at all times and usually when I leave the house have a 357 snub as BUG and some speed strips on me. A couple 'other' things are easy access around the house. Speaking of which...

The crazies not always stopping their threatening behavior with good pistol hits, plus this recent 'let the prisoners out' stuff got me to thinking "When have I last patterned my shotguns with my defense ammo?" So, I did test that, to good effect. As an example, my most reliable shotgun (no cycling issues), a Moss500, still spread several different manufacturers of 4-buck just too high for my comfort from PofA, but 00-buck a bit better, so I know to 'aim a bit low' on that gun. My more gimmicky semi-auto, which works, but is mag-fed and I've just not really put it through all the paces yet, so it's my 'other end of the house' gun... I was able to keep multiple good hits of all 9-pellets on a paper plate at 5 and 7 yards along with a couple slug hit tests. Not much left of the plate.

I've seen a lot of idiots posting things to newbies like "just get a shotgun - can't miss and just rack the slide to scare 'em". This kind of talk can get people killed. For my part, the testing gave me peace of mind around where these guns hit if I, God forbid, should have to use them. I'd recommend everyone do that if they haven't in awhile or maybe changed their ammo.

I carried one extra magazine for my VP9 but now I carry other one. I do have a few loaded magazines in my get home bag and also have a 50 rounds box ammo in my bag as well.

I keep an OWB holster that accommodates a TLR-1s light. Extra flashlight batteries and a hard case that stores six of the CR123A for my weapons light. I also keep first aid kit that includes a tourniquet.

I'd carried my Ultra Compact 1911 since I got it a year or two ago but just switched to my P320 last week and carrying two extra mags rather than one. Have carried the G20 a few times since I got the holster the other day.
Nobodies F-ing with my TP! :mad:

Something to remember here.

I have not changed anything. I wash my hands. I avoid people and public area. I have a pistol and a few mags. I have a trunk gun. In the rig I have water, food, tool bag, jack, 12v compressor, jump box. Extra battery pack for the cell phone. Change of clothes (more like a few days). Extra jacket and boots.

I brake in to it all the time. Change it up thought the year.

I'm a 3rd party welding instructor. I am ready for everything.

To me this is normal. It's the way i was rasies.

I personally think ya'll are a bit off

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top