JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not really, I always carry a full size high cap, and almost always carry a compact back up! For any trips more then to the grocery store, there is a carbine in the rig(s) in case things go sideways!

Only thing I have changed is i run the garage door manually so I can lock it to where it won't move except from the inside.

When we moved to this house that has an opener the first thing I did was disable that. I set it up with a switch in the garage. To power the door you have to turn on power too it first. So if I am home and want to go in and out, I can leave it on and use the remote or the button inside. When I am done the power is left off. Do not trust those things with all the "universal" remotes out there.

Going to and from Fred Meyer in Alderwood doesn't rate a carry for me. FM in Everett, maybe. If they try to storm the Bastille, I'm ready.

I started to carry more firepower more often a while back. Nothing to do with this but, rather all the video's now of LEO's having a hell of a time bringing down some scum. I used to "read of or hear of" stories like this a lot. Some perp soak up multiple center hits from a service weapon and not go down. I used to think they were either super rare exceptions and or just stories blown out of proportion. Then when it got to where there were camera's everywhere, even worn by Cops, these things started to show up a lot. The drug zombies as I call them. Soaking up multiple hits and not dropping. Often still able to hold onto a weapon. I took to carrying my 1911 with a 10 round mag instead of an 8. I also took to trying to carry something other than my pocket gun a hell of a lot more. I never would have believed how often this happens if I had not started to see it a lot.

What? No
When? No
Where? Yes as in where to shoot... For zombies only head shots work. The same goes for COVID zombies. Have to stop the respiratory system as fast as possible to avoid being coughed on.

I carry most everyday and take my get home bag with me. It has a 10 round SCCY plus extra mag.

I don't take it the 4-10 blocks to the stores around me but always carry a good fast opening knife daily.

Since this BS started I upgraded my daily knife to the maximum allowable in my area and feel safe enough with my skill and situational awareness to go like that.

But I am also taking my G17 with an extra mag everywhere on my belt. I always wear longer sleeve shirts that are 3xTL so it's easy to hide.

Only other change is 2 long guns loaded and ready outside the safe with extra Ammo/mags available. Not something I do normally when no one will be at the house during the day. The G17 is always out when I'm home anyway.

Possibly overkill for my mellow neighborhood but I'm not gonna be caught under gunned as things seem to be getting worse and not better.

I normally don't carry a spare mag, as I work 3 miles from home and 50 feet from the Sheriff.

My dress belt is good for slacks, Leatherman and my SD 9 IWB in Kydex, but the extra mag I am packing until the tweakers get their checks has me hitchin my drawers all damn day.

Today is casual Friday, so with jeans I am good.

ALSO - I forgot to mention, I agree with Alexx1401. I have seen more than a few perps soak up 3 and 4 rounds of 9mm or better and still keep swinging.

I was going be a smart a**, but killing people is not funny.

At the end of the day, I just want to get home.

I carry most everyday and take my get home bag with me. It has a 10 round SCCY plus extra mag.

I don't take it the 4-10 blocks to the stores around me but always carry a good fast opening knife daily.

Since this BS started I upgraded my daily knife to the maximum allowable in my area and feel safe enough with my skill and situational awareness to go like that.

But I am also taking my G17 with an extra mag everywhere on my belt. I always wear longer sleeve shirts that are 3xTL so it's easy to hide.

Only other change is 2 long guns loaded and ready outside the safe with extra Ammo/mags available. Not something I do normally when no one will be at the house during the day. The G17 is always out when I'm home anyway.

Possibly overkill for my mellow neighborhood but I'm not gonna be caught under gunned as things seem to be getting worse and not better.

My Wife of all people, who often seems to "not get it" asked me about this. She wanted to have one or more of the PCC's out of the safe. I had showed her where I keep one long ago. She just forgot. I have now taken to leaving one out next to the bed and one downstairs when we are home and watching the tube or such. Wife even took the little Ruger 9mm rifle by herself to the range before they shut down. Even is showing interest in the AR pistol in 9mm now. Wants to try it now when they finally open the range again. She said she is seeing a sudden influx of "kooks" at work since this got going. It seems to be waking her up which is a great thing. :D

Mikej,

Do the drunk or drug dregs have addresses where they actually receive mail?

I know that some do. Percentage? No idea. Wifey is front end manager at a major grocery chain. She, and her crew, see the dregs of society that return drink containers for the .10/each. They can't live on this. A portion of these people are heavily drug and/or booze affected. I have the idea that a lot of them make some little amount is SS disability. Heck the drug dealer across the street makes SSD. Add to that we have two "Homes", one with residents that aren't able to take care of themselves fully, and the other is some kind of a...house people that aren't bad enough to keep in jail and bad enough that there is no way in hell anyone is going to hire them....type of place. There are residents at both of these facilities that collect cans and turn them in at the store. Every day. And some of them have been given trespass orders due to extreme behavior. They still come in though. PPD doesn't respond in and form of expediency. IF they respond at all.

But I am also taking my G17

I've been carrying my G17 more often also, rather than my M&P. Seems prudent since some jurisdictions have been letting people out of jail and announcing they're not going to respond to various crimes. Threw a rifle in the car for my overnight trip last week in case civilization decided to collapse before I made it home.

I've been thinking about changing out my every day carry piece to this...……..

tacticool-AR15.jpg

…..except that it's kind of hard to conceal.

But then nowadays, it's not like I get out much.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
No. When I go to bed at night, my EDC is still in my pants laying on the floor. I can reach it without getting out of bed. When I get up in the morning and put on my pants, I'm carrying. Two extra mags in a pocket sleeve in one back pocket, wallet in the other back pocket.

My Wife of all people, who often seems to "not get it"... She said she is seeing a sudden influx of "kooks"... since this got going. It seems to be waking her up which is a great thing. :D
My GF is the same way. She tolerates my guns but is 100% ambiguous about almost all aspects of home security.
We've "had words" over this.
Today she told me that she got weirded-out over some commotion that happened outside while I was away working... she weakly blamed me for putting those ideas in her head but she's starting to see that "civilized society" is a thin veneer easily breached my some rando tweaker or meth-head and that past experience is no indicator of the future. There are no rules and no honor among thieves. They will sense weakness and push that advantage to the fullest extent. They will not stop at simply "taking stuff" when more opportunities present themselves.

The infuriating (and lazy, IMO), "If it's my time then it's my time" belongs in a discussion about brain aneurisms and massive strokes, NOT murderous a-holes intent on damage and mayhem. If some sh*bird kicks in the door, it's not "your time", it's THEIR time... blow that summbubblegum back through the door with great violence and all due prejudice.

Passivity devoid of overt aggression is the ultimate vice.

Who said that?

Me... just now.

I've been carrying my G17 more often also, rather than my M&P. Seems prudent since some jurisdictions have been letting people out of jail and announcing they're not going to respond to various crimes. Threw a rifle in the car for my overnight trip last week in case civilization decided to collapse before I made it home.

Yup, lots of people being let out of county lockup well before their 'due date'.

I get it for the correctional officers health and continued ability to show up to work but I have not seen this advertised on the media...

Not that I spend much time watching all of the pot stirring ruffle feathers fake news that seems to be on every media outlet there is, including YouTube which I watch for entertainment and not videos on how we are doomed:confused:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top