JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
... I would encourage anyone to give the NRA money is dedicated ILA fundraising...

It also appears you can donate directly to the NRA's Civil Rights Legal Defense Fund and it looks like that money would be targeted at 2A litigation (though that is an assumption of mine and should be fact checked). Providing my assumption is accurate, that would be a good way to support the NRA's positive contributions without wasting money on WLP.

Want to start a kerfluffle? Oh, already did, NRA! At the local gun club kerfluffle, I walked up to the chalk board and wrote my annual contributions to NRA life and ORPA. Then asked if anyone would step up and share their supported organizations. Thinking if there was a preponderance of money going to a place, i would change my donations. No one else contributed their idea/direction.
I am now the target of the "shadow executive committee". Word has spread that I am anti-kid, but no one will stand out to confront me. I'm bewildered because I contributed a lot (to me) to those programs. And I don't have any kids that aren't already at their majority.
To be a member at the club one must be an NRA member, and to shoot high power, one must be a member of NRA and ORPA. So what to do? I went to Salem to demonstrate last year Don't see any result. Looking to move to another state. Oh shirt! They're under attack too! Might be time to practice hunkering down. This is all a shell game where nobody wins.

I highly doubt anyone of the many who have come out on NWFA and stated they have left or stopped helping the cause, have any other information to go off other than the mainstreams viewpoints that are blasted 24/7 on the subject.

There have been several articles in FIREARMS NEWS.

I do not work for nor have any insider information on what actually happens inside the NRA.

I also do not believe a word of anything written by the mainstream media.

I am a free thinking individual who sees this for what it is. A hit piece.

I DO find humor that the same mainstream media, that almost everyone here on NWFA thinks lies when it comes to other topics like President Trump, can get folks here to join in arms against the NRA.

This thread, like every single past NRA thread sets the tone, that the NRA is in shambles and needs to be fixed. Therefore no one wants to be a part of it.

Imagine how that looks to a new gun owner?

Just my thoughts, folks may not like them, that's fine. I see the writing on the wall with this and I know it's simply a tactic by those against gun ownership. Take down the big dog by getting it's own people to dislike it.
I have only been a gun owner for a little over a year. I have not joined the NRA because of the negative things I have read/heard from various different sources. You are totally right, and I actually feel kind of stupid for not forming my own opinion.

"I consider it completely unimportant who in the party will vote, or how; but what is extraordinarily important is this — who will count the votes, and how."
Stalin 1923

I have only been a gun owner for a little over a year. I have not joined the NRA because of the negative things I have read/heard from various different sources. You are totally right, and I actually feel kind of stupid for not forming my own opinion.
Thanks for posting this!

Everyone else, please read the above!!!

Based upon the fact the NRA and SAF are suing Washington over I-1639 and that NRA-ILA reps have been present in Olympia over the past month as the legislature prepares to shred our 2A rights, the NRA is most definitely relevant to me.

The 2A is under assault at the state level across the US. We need a combination of national, local and grassroot organizations and action to protect the 2A. No one organization is without is flaws or can defeat legislation across 50 states. I still support the NRA-ILA as well as the GOA, SAF and FPC among others.

I'm with Andy in that I don't think they are 'Irrelevant', but certainly a mere shade of what they once were.

True or not, the allegations around LaPierre are severely hurting the credibility of the organization with 2A supporters. If he were interested in the good of the movement, he would have stepped down long ago. Since that didn't happen, I have to assume they are true.

Also a life member, I haven't given them another nickel since their refusal to have any involvement in SB941. It isn't a lot of money, but I split about $5-600/year between SAF, GOA, and some smaller groups. I could probably afford a little more, the trick is explaining it to the wife...

I'm also sitting here with my Board of Directors ballot and not a clue who to mark down for. If anyone knows of a current guide, I'd love a link.

Continued negative publicity can cause harm to anything over time.

Many here have already thrown out the NRA, our absolute biggest fighter, because they are prone to such media bashing related programming.

I highly doubt anyone of the many who have come out on NWFA and stated they have left or stopped helping the cause, have any other information to go off other than the mainstreams viewpoints that are blasted 24/7 on the subject.

I am not a member because they are limp sausaged whiny wheenies.

I support SAF and GOA, who understand enough is enough!

I'm with Andy in that I don't think they are 'Irrelevant', but certainly a mere shade of what they once were.

True or not, the allegations around LaPierre are severely hurting the credibility of the organization with 2A supporters. If he were interested in the good of the movement, he would have stepped down long ago. Since that didn't happen, I have to assume they are true.

Also a life member, I haven't given them another nickel since their refusal to have any involvement in SB941. It isn't a lot of money, but I split about $5-600/year between SAF, GOA, and some smaller groups. I could probably afford a little more, the trick is explaining it to the wife...

I'm also sitting here with my Board of Directors ballot and not a clue who to mark down for. If anyone knows of a current guide, I'd love a link.

I would think it was in this thread I saw this article, but I can't seem to find it. Anyway, this is interesting: NRA Board Bullet Voting , What is it? Why Do It On Your NRA Ballot

Resurrecting an old thread here.... Any more thoughts on giving or not giving support to the NRA because of Wayne?

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/nra-gabby-giffords-lobbyist-second-amendment/2021/01/10/id/1005017/
Biden(exerpt): "I pledge to defeat the NRA"

Wayne hasn't gone away, but maybe supporting the NRA right now is more important than boycotting it because of him.
I've been supporting SAF, FAPC, and OFF, but dragging my feet on the NRA.
I have been supporting all that you mentioned plus the GOA and NAGR. I am a lifetime member of the NRA so I do give some more, but pretty small compared to the others.

Wayne still has clout, but it is greatly diminished. Partly due to Bloomberg misinformation about Wayne. I would love to see Don Jr. in there as far as a dynamic personality. Don Jr. at least understands Hunting, not so sure about Concealed Carry.

NRA is the moneypit into which the DNC loves to watch 2A supporters throw cash because they have no fear of it, know the money will be burned on nothing, and dearly hope that the organizations which use the money to actually fight, stay underfunded. Donating to the NRA at this point is like donating to Biden.

What do Wayne LaPierre and Vladimir Putin have in common? In both cases, the rank and file can't get rid of them.

Sometimes a leader under fire needs to stand down for the good of the order.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top